Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Stillfly's build

Old 02-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #61
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Also, I took off the N-fab light bar. Sold it to a fellow member. Havent taken a picture of it yet.
me?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #62
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Whats the switch to over ride the parking brake for?
I didnt want to have to have the parking brake set everytime I wanted to play a dvd, so I am putting a switch there to override it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
me?
Yes sir
Old 02-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #63
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
So should be starting the install of the OME's tonight, there is also someone bringing over a welder to FINALLY do my sliders, only been 10 months
Old 02-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #64
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
... there is also someone bringing over a welder to FINALLY do my sliders, only been 10 months
Its ok, thats about how long it took me before I installed my Pop-n-lock I got through the GB last spring. And I think thats a little easier to install too....
Old 02-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #65
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Its ok, thats about how long it took me before I installed my Pop-n-lock I got through the GB last spring. And I think thats a little easier to install too....
HA nice, I wish I woulda had them on when I first got em, I scratched my truck a little. Whats the pop and lock? Just a lock so your tailgate doesnt get stolen?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #66
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
HA nice, I wish I woulda had them on when I first got em, I scratched my truck a little. Whats the pop and lock? Just a lock so your tailgate doesnt get stolen?
Yeah, basically. I also figured it would make it a lot harder to steal my quad from the back of my truck when I've got it in there.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #67
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Hey, I meant to ask, how is my 3/16 steel treatin you?
Old 02-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #68

Quote:
Hey, I meant to ask, how is my 3/16 steel treatin you?
well, sorry to say, its still entirely intact sitting on my garage floor! I never had a chance to do any work this weekend as I had previously thought i was going to. But, i'm going to get started tonight after im done with class and tomorrow I only have 1 class so there is bound to be some decent progress by tomorrow night if everything works the way its looking like it will... Stay posted, i'll get ya a pic tomorrow of how its coming... want me to MMS it to your cell, PM it on here, post in this thread, or what? Also, im going to want to talk to you later today about some new ideas for the design and which you want to go with before I start cutting too much of it up.....
Old 02-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #69
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
well, sorry to say, its still entirely intact sitting on my garage floor! I never had a chance to do any work this weekend as I had previously thought i was going to. But, i'm going to get started tonight after im done with class and tomorrow I only have 1 class so there is bound to be some decent progress by tomorrow night if everything works the way its looking like it will... Stay posted, i'll get ya a pic tomorrow of how its coming... want me to MMS it to your cell, PM it on here, post in this thread, or what? Also, im going to want to talk to you later today about some new ideas for the design and which you want to go with before I start cutting too much of it up.....
Um, whatever is easiest for you. I will be working on the truck tonight and tomorrow night, so I dont know how available I will be. I will be unreachable until later tonight, got the gym then the tearing down part of the truck. Geeze man, what other ideas do you have? I didnt think you had anymore I have other ideas for you too when we talk, not about the 3/16 steel though. Oh and I have really shitty service where I live so phone isnt always the best option
Old 02-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #70
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Well I am trying to buy Evotaco07's tiregate and I am thinking about getting
Old 02-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #71
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Just bought Evotaco07's tiregate, gotta figure a way to get it up to me. Might have to make a road trip to go get it
Old 02-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #72
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Washed and waxed the truck today. First pic I have gotten of it since I removed the N-fab light bar.
Before I washed her I wanted to check out the flex (or lack there of) in the front end since installing the 886's. Might take the sway bars off to compensate for that.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #73
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Well went to So Cal and got the tiregate, threw my spare on there until I get my new wheels just to see how it looks
So this week should be an exciting one. Since I tore my front axle half shafts I will be installing new ones. Wheels should be in mon or tuesday. Gonna need a new dash kit, the metra one sucks, every little bump I hit it pops out, kind of annoying. I know everyone loves this one. Hopefully my steel will be done this weekend, so I can get my winch on. Also ordered the front diff drop kit to hopefully help with the CV problem.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #74

The steel is coming along very nicely. Spent a few hours working on it today and its really taking shape!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #75
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
I keep looking at the pics of it and I was thinking painting it flat black. I wonder if there is a way to teflon coat it?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #76

I'm a fan of Matte/satin black. Thats what I've painted my All Pro rear and my billet grille and they both look great. Not too glossy, but not as hard to clean as flat black. Oh, and I'll send you a new pic tomorrow.... you'll be ing even more now! Its 90% assembled, mostly just needs a bunch of welding, some sanding, and then the cutouts drilled out.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #77
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
I cant freaking wait. Im gonna bring the winch up there with me. Just to bolt in for added weight and to make sure it fit.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #79

Quote:
I cant freaking wait. Im gonna bring the winch up there with me. Just to bolt in for added weight and to make sure it fit.
Sounds good. Make sure you've got the fairlead with it too. I wanna see the whole package.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #80
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Nice S10, I had one of those back in the day...
Thanks. Nice S-10 I actually miss it from time to time, mainly thinking it would have been paid off a while ago. I know a lot of people hate them, but I loved it.