Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Stillfly's build

Old 04-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Stillfly's build

CURRENT as of 02-22-2012

MODIFICATIONS:
Kelley Safari TSR 285/75/16
OME 885's with 1/2" top plate
OME struts with toytec "Superfelx" rear coils
Expedition-One Kodiak series front bumper
Warn XD9000 winch
2 Autozone special lights on the back of the roof rack

THE STORY

I started out with a 2007 Tacoma TRD Sport. Started having a lot of problems with it so I sold all the parts and traded it in on a 2010 FJ Cruiser.

And possibly my favorite picture

04/17/2010

Traded the Taco in for

04/26/2010

Took her out for her first little expedition, no reall good action shots, and it was pretty mellow because it was my first time in the FJ

07/09/2011

FJ was pretty much stock up to this point. Decided it was time for tires and did not want to buy 265's so I decided to throw on my old spacer lift and throw some 285/75-16's on there. Looked around for a while on a tire that didnt break the bank. I came across the Kelly Safari TSR. An aggressive looking all terrain, and it had great reviews. So while we were at it, decided to take off the fender flares and paint the wheels. A complete black out is in the near future.

The wheel paint is metallic grey. Wanted something different than the black, and Jonny suggested this, so I said screw it and tried it out.

The inspiration for my build (I know I am far off)
Old 04-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Great start!!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a hell of a start- I think I'd black out the headlights if I were you
Old 04-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehab View Post
Looks like a hell of a start- I think I'd black out the headlights if I were you
x2 did that to mine, looks sooo much better!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Its in the free and cheap mods right? It turns out my parents are buying my the sliders for my B-day This is getting really sad because I am looking at selling stuff like my snowboard because I want to add funds to the mods budget
Old 04-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
Jag/Nole Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Its in the free and cheap mods right? It turns out my parents are buying my the sliders for my B-day This is getting really sad because I am looking at selling stuff like my snowboard because I want to add funds to the mods budget
Ya its in there! Ehhh I'd keep the snowboard lol
Old 04-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Lol, I dont go too much, and now with work and what not I cant risk getting hurt. So I have been thinking about it a lot lately anyways.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride dude. Just finished mine. Very similar to what you want with the Ultimate kit.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Ya I just noticed that when I looked at your build. I like it, I see you went with the lift over the boobs How do you like the lights? I'm not too impressed with mine, the outside ones actually dont work now, I think its the switch.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wouldn't sell the snowboard. It's my other mod of transportation... kinda. lol

Looking good. Better than me and my trucks a year old.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Ok, so nothing new yet, the only thing new is that I have decided to go with the All Pro LT kit. $2900 down, about $2900 to go. I have decided to go with the hybrid front winch mount bumper, Its different. So those are my next big mods, I still need to get my sliders painted and welded on, BHLM, Mag light mount, floor mats, and wet okole's. I have been so busy with work I havent had time to do harly anything. But that is also how I am able to pay for this adiction.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #12
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:

Next up in the BHLM and I have the AP LT kit on order, should be ready the first of December
Old 11-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #13
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, so nothing new yet, the only thing new is that I have decided to go with the All Pro LT kit. $2900 down, about $2900 to go. I have decided to go with the hybrid front winch mount bumper, Its different. So those are my next big mods, I still need to get my sliders painted and welded on, BHLM, Mag light mount, floor mats, and wet okole's. I have been so busy with work I havent had time to do harly anything. But that is also how I am able to pay for this adiction.
Subscribed. Awesome build so far and it's only getting better.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #14
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Oh ya, I forgot, I put in Wet Okole's and some Weathertechs.

And I have the sliders, I just need to get my ass in gear and paint them so I can get them welded on, I have only had them since April
Old 12-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #15
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Well didnt get to follow through with the AP LT right now, got laid off sooner than anticipated and didnt want to blow all my savings and not be able to do anything this winter. So I have some personal issues going on right now but I have to get rid of this leveling kit so I am thinking of getting the OME 3" kit and LR UCA's since they are relatively cheap to hold me over for about another year.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #16
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks about gettin laid off. Im running that exact setup... OME 885's, OME front shocks and Light Racing UCAs.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #17
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Eh it happens every year, I was just old I was going til mid Dec and they cut us beg of Nov. Still had my best fire season ever though. I was thinking about throwing an ARB and winch in that set up
Old 12-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #18
GAS has a spectacular aura aboutGAS has a spectacular aura aboutGAS has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: pilot
Name: Greg
GAS's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the revtech lift?
looks great!
Quote:
Well, I dont know how much of a build you would call it, but it is what it is.

Well this is what I started with (Weird looking Tocoma) and yes, Spinners

Decided it was time to grow up, my first big purchase 2007 4x4 TRD Sport DC SB

Drove that for about 6 months or so before I really did anything to it. Did the Revtec 3" leveling kit with MotoMetal 951 and BFG A/T 285/75/17

Since then I havent done too much to it, just added an N-Fab light bar with KC long range slimlites along with a grillcraft mesh grille

So as of now I have:
3" Revtec leveling kit
17"Moto Metal 951
BFG A/T 285/75/17
N-Fab light bar with KC slimlite long range lights
Grillcraft mesh grille
Magnaflow exhaust turn down under the bed
AFE pro dry s air filter

Future mods:
Revenge Fab sliders
All-Pro off road bumper
All Pro LT
Rear diff breather
Weathertech floor mats
In Dash DVD
Flowmaster Exhaust
Probably a lot more because the more time I spend on this site the list gets bigger and bigger. If anyone has any suggestions I am sure open for them
Old 12-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #19
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS View Post
How do you like the revtech lift?
looks great!
The lift rides kinda rough. When turning or having the wheel drop into a ditch or hole then I experience an annoying clunk. I know there are people that have it happen on here too, not sure what they have.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #20
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Might be ordering the suspension soon. How stiff is it gonna be with 886's on there with no bumper? I dont know when I will order the ARB & winch, so will probably ride with the 886's for a while.