Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Oil filter local ?

Old 06-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Fish On !!!
SH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
SH7mi's Tacoma Gallery
Oil filter local ?

I own a Tacoma, I am looking at a 2011 FJ Cruiser for my sons first car. Opening the hood on the FJ I had a hard time finding the oil filter. Is it directly below the fan? I thought it would be same as my Tacoma, obviously not.
If it is below the fan it looks like a skid plate needs to be removed to access the filter correct?
Thanks for the help.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:59 AM   #2
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
It depends on what year FJ your looking at. My 08 for instance has the oil filter just behind the battery on the right side (as your looking at the engine). The later years (10 on) I believe the engine is different and the oil filter is located in the traditional spot at the lower front end of the engine. I believe you do have to take the skid plate off. It's also a cartridge filter....
Old 06-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
Fish On !!!
SH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to beholdSH7mi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
SH7mi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamarine View Post
It depends on what year FJ your looking at. My 08 for instance has the oil filter just behind the battery on the right side (as your looking at the engine). The later years (10 on) I believe the engine is different and the oil filter is located in the traditional spot at the lower front end of the engine. I believe you do have to take the skid plate off. It's also a cartridge filter....
Thank you, that makes sense. When I reached down there it did not feel like a filter I am familiar with which is what puzzled me.