Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   FJ Cruisers (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/fj-cruisers/)
-   -   Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/fj-cruisers/262517-thinking-about-selling-my-tacoma-buying-fj.html)

TacomaChris 02-09-2013 04:03 PM

Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ
 
Thoughts?

I love my Tacoma...but I couldn't stop drooling over the FJs at the dealership today.:D

Chad 02-09-2013 04:08 PM

I personally wouldn't sell my tacoma for an FJ unless it was the trail teams model. Give me the 2012 radiant red TT FJ and I'll trade the keys in a heartbeat lol.

Looking at your truck in your build, I would keep the truck regardless of the FJs you find.

TacomaChris 02-09-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 6413422)
I personally wouldn't sell my tacoma for an FJ unless it was the trail teams model. Give me the 2012 radiant red TT FJ and I'll trade the keys in a heartbeat lol.

Looking at your truck in your build, I would keep the truck regardless of the FJs you find.

What is exactly is the Trail Teams model?

I know what your saying man...I wish I could have one of each and a llifted Tundra lol

Chad 02-09-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacomaChris (Post 6413492)
What is exactly is the Trail Teams model?

I know what your saying man...I wish I could have one of each and a llifted Tundra lol

Trail teams is basically the off road version with all the bells and whistles. Here's a picture of the 2012 I was talking about:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...fj-red-001.jpg

precoma 02-09-2013 05:14 PM

Here is my girlfriends she just got

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d.../image1053.jpg

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d.../image1052.jpg

TeamSarcasm 02-09-2013 05:15 PM

I love that color, makes my head turn every time :p

OffroadToy 02-09-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm (Post 6413745)
I love that color, makes my head turn every time :p

Same here... that color sold me on the taco back in 07. I saw a radiant red lifted trail team fj at the dealership a few months back... really had to hold back the urge to bring it home that day.

TacomaChris 02-09-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by precoma (Post 6413734)

Nice...what size lift & tires?

12Tac 02-09-2013 05:46 PM

Fjs are being discontinued...I think after 2013. Heard that through my dealer. That and the 4Runner.

12Tac

Gelo760 02-09-2013 05:48 PM

Since your not 4x4 I'd say go for it . Especially is you don't use the bed much . I'd also get the TT loaded .

precoma 02-09-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacomaChris (Post 6413859)
Nice...what size lift & tires?

6 in pro comp with 35 in toyos

TacomaChris 02-09-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Tac (Post 6413892)
Fjs are being discontinued...I think after 2013. Heard that through my dealer. That and the 4Runner.

12Tac

These rumors have been around year after year. From what I read, they will continue to make them as long there is demand...time will tell

TexAggie 02-09-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Tac (Post 6413892)
Fjs are being discontinued...I think after 2013. Heard that through my dealer. That and the 4Runner.

12Tac

I highly doubt they discontinue the 4runner.

12Tac 02-09-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacomaChris (Post 6413933)
These rumors have been around year after year. From what I read, they will continue to make them as long there is demand...time will tell

Agreed and I should probably stop spreading rumors here on the board. My bad. As you said time will tell.

12Tac

IgnorantlyAlberta 02-09-2013 06:06 PM

Dummy!

Jk go for it. Whats the worst that could happen? You dont like it, trade again.
Just remember you cant hang out here anymore.:p

TacomaChris 02-09-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta (Post 6413964)
Dummy!

Jk go for it. Whats the worst that could happen? You dont like it, trade again.
Just remember you cant hang out here anymore.:p

Yeah I know. I'm still kicking around the idea but it'd be hard to part with my truck...I love that thing.

tmreyes1 02-09-2013 06:40 PM

Had a 2010 FJ. Loved it but needed more room and a truck

Rich91710 02-09-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12Tac (Post 6413892)
Fjs are being discontinued...I think after 2013. Heard that through my dealer. That and the 4Runner.

FJ sales have been slow for years, so I would believe that.

4-Runner? Dealer is FOS. There's no way they are killing the 'Runner without a replacement in the wings. Sequoia is too big, Highlander and Rav4 don't have frames.

haddix 02-11-2013 04:29 PM

Just traded my Tacoma for an FJ and have been loving every minute. I'd say go for it. Test drive one and see what you think about it. No harm in that.

lucky73 02-11-2013 06:10 PM

I have both and the FJ is on a whole different level (quality) than the tacoma - and it is made in JAPAN


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:44 AM.