Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Ocala meet Nov 26th-28th anyone?

Old 11-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #41
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
correction: i started at 12 n then went to 9 n then back to 18...trail 9a. got me cuz it was a sharp turn uphill n the bottom where u turn is sugar sand
Old 11-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #42
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I just got settled in back home, I'll get our pictures up tomorrow. The videos are on hofs05's camera so those will have to wait until the weekend.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:17 AM   #43
Not bothered....
crazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: and Army - 12 yrs total
Name: Chris
crazyman's Tacoma Gallery
I spent Sunday afternoon buffing out all the scratches. There were a lot more on the passenger side. Got most of them out, some are still visible if I get up close and look.

Had a great time none the less !
Old 11-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #44
Turdarado extractor
Nd4Spd86 will become famous soon enoughNd4Spd86 will become famous soon enough

Nd4Spd86's Tacoma Gallery
crazy man, what did you use to try and buff them out? I used Meguiars 3 step process (it has a paint cleaner, polish, and a wax) and the only time I can see any scratches is if I look closely under a street light, but apart from that they are gone. The trail of death was the most painful couple miles I have ever driven...
Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #45
Not bothered....
crazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I used Meguiar's ScatchX. Just a bit of that on the buffer did well. The scratches aren't completely gone, but only visible if you look for them up close.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #47
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
from the lil Citrus trips ive been taking ive got a few marks on my mirrors...y do they scratch so easy???
Old 11-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #48
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
they scratch the same as any other part of the truck, but stick out further, so they tend to get a little more of a beating. i try to fold mine in on tighter stuff
Old 11-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #50
Not bothered....

Yeah, the mirrors get scratched. They seem to buff out as well.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #51
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman View Post
Yeah, the mirrors get scratched. They seem to buff out as well.
Not so much on mine because they aren't painted. I could probably sand them down but it would just happen again.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #52
Not bothered....

^^^ mine are the basic black. A good coat of wax helps to hide them.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #53
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
wax on black plastic/trim is a big NO NO...
Old 11-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #54
Not bothered....

It's not the same material. I've waxed it three times now with no haze or discoloring.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #55
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
spray on detailer???
Old 11-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #56
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the pic that hofs05 took

Words cannot explain how awful the death trail was. If/when I ever go back there I will only visit the power line area. Luckily my brother owns a detailing company so I'll be able to get hofs05 4runner all fixed up. My silver on the other hand hardly shows anything.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #57
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, sorry about that, i forgot to warn you in the pm that some of the trails geat REALY tight. looks like found that little s-curve though anyone try drifting it?
Old 11-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #58
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
What is the dude with the silver Tacoma from Crystal Rivers name??? He looks familair
Old 11-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #59
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, awesome pics.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #60
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
yeah, sorry about that, i forgot to warn you in the pm that some of the trails geat REALY tight. looks like found that little s-curve though anyone try drifting it?
yeah, we got a bunch of videos just have to wait to get a hold of them