Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Attention Orlando members!!

Old 11-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Attention Orlando members!!

Here's a run down of my situation. I was recently retired from the Marines and have been living with my folks while house hunting and attending school here in Miami. Unfortunately homes here in miami are still on the high side, the one's I have found dont seem to negotiate, and to be honest I dont like the area.
In frustration I've started to consider UCF, they have a physical therapy program so I'm covered there. The only unknowns would be the area and how the school is ( although I'm sure it's good compared to miami dade college). Any input would greatly be appreciated.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
anyone?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
very nice campus...my neighbors daughter goes there
Old 11-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
ask Will about UCF. I'm pretty sure he's a student there. From what I know about it it's a really nice campus with great engineering programs.
who's will?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
dawilldabeast
Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #8
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

dgalleon's Tacoma Gallery
hey, I live in orlando right down the street from UCF and attend UCF. The campus is really nice and I love it there. Usually the only real complaint I would have would be the parking situation... but that issue is usually towards the beginning of the semester when kids are actually going to class.

Havent had any issues after the first 2-3 weeks of class starting. But the area is nice as well.

Im sorry if i didnt answer all your questions but let me know if you want specific info on anything.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
comatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the rough
comatosed's Tacoma Gallery
I live right behind UCF less than 1 mile walking or 2.5 driving and have been for 9 years. for 11 years before I lived in a town about 20 miles from UCF. I graduated from UCF in 06 and I enjoyed going there, no complaints except for a few teachers that lacked personality and real world experience, but I had some great ones also.

Honestly if UCF weren't here this area would be a complete shit hole. I used to live in an apartment complex on univesity blvd that was ridden with theft and crime. I would be careful living off some parts of dean road, goldenrod, curry ford, or semoran.

The lake picket, lake price, tanner road area is nice and close to the school.

Oviedo, winter springs, lake mary, and some parts of sanford are nice, and they aren't far from UCF.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #10
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, definitely wanting to know what areas are nicer than others. Just using google maps and zillow at this point.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #11
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

well I live in Avalon Park, it's a great area. Viet lives near me as well
Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 PM   #12
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgalleon View Post
well I live in Avalon Park, it's a great area. Viet lives near me as well
yeah I think the 2 main places I've been looking at on google/zillow are avalon park and oviedo. What are the townhomes like there? It'd be killer if I could find something with a 2 car garage, but it doesnt seem like there are any.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
JSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
JSW's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to JSW
I went to UCF. Just graduated. I lived over on the theme park side of Orlando though (Went to Rosen). I've seen a few nice townhomes about 5-10 miles away from campus. I would stay away from the campus sponsored housing. Heard too many horror stories.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #14
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Avon Park is nice and so is Lake Mary
Old 11-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #15
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Avalon Park FTW.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #16
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, Ive spent alot of time looking in the area via zillow and google and will be making a weekend trip up there soon to drive around the avalon park/waterford lakes area along with some of the other areas. I'll keep you all updated.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Avalon Park FTW.
x2
Old 11-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #18
tyson127 is on a distinguished road

tyson127's Tacoma Gallery
I am in Winter Springs at the intersection of Tuscawilla and Red Bug Road. About a 15 min drive to UCF but still tons of stuff over here and a pretty nice area especially considering cost of living.

Lake Mary is now considered one of the 15 most desirable towns in the country but is a mite bit expensive and a bit longer drive.

Do you know which campus has the physical therapy program? There are a few different satellite campuses.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson127 View Post
I am in Winter Springs at the intersection of Tuscawilla and Red Bug Road. About a 15 min drive to UCF but still tons of stuff over here and a pretty nice area especially considering cost of living.

Lake Mary is now considered one of the 15 most desirable towns in the country but is a mite bit expensive and a bit longer drive.

Do you know which campus has the physical therapy program? There are a few different satellite campuses.
not too sure, I haven't looked into the school too much yet. My first step is to spend a weekend up there and cruise around, maybe get a tour of the campus and talk to someone. Then go from there.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #20
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Orlando is the best place to live, Been here 46 years. U. C. F .IS A GOOD ONE . Any place on the EAST side is good (away from DIZ.)Good luck to you!! river rat 69