Notices

Tacoma fixin' as a gift

Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
primmypoo is on a distinguished road
Name: Prim
primmypoo's Tacoma Gallery
Wink Tacoma fixin' as a gift

Hey guys,
My boyfriend and i are having a anniversary coming up and i've gotten a few of his good friends while he's away for work to help me fix up his baby.

We're not doing too hugfe of things just here and there's to help the truck and make it look a little less run down.

so far we have:
-sea foam
-flat black chrome bumper parts
-fire fighter decals/plates
-interior painting
-detailed inside and out
-changed oil/ new filter
-currently sanding rims to paint flat black
-back2black exterior but now decided to paint black also
-fixed plate lights
-cleaned headlights
-fixed blinker

need to do:
-new rear speakers
-maybe tinting.. moving to CA and have everything except driver/passenger windows tinted and CA requires 75%
-some clutch work

do you guys have anymore suggestions? i want it to be love at first sight all over again with his truck. any mods that you can do that are CA okay and any tips for us drivin across country with our Taco
Old 01-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
4rocker is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Retired aviator
Name: David
4rocker's Tacoma Gallery
Black truck?

Tint the glass.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Just keep the tint mild and they won't pull you over for it. I have meduim tint on my front windows. It matches the stock rear stuff.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The stuff you mentioned are all awesome things! Your a great girlfriend!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
He's a lucky guy.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you may want to make sure he'd be okay with you doing all this stuff. I understand its really the thought that counts -- and it looks like you've REALLY put a lot of thought into this. But my truck is my personal toy, and I don't let people work on it unless I'm there. My brother's the same way as me with his toys. I know we'd both think the work was really sweet, but would feel so much better being consulted by our girlfriends first.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
keeper
Old 01-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Junebug McQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that's so awesome! Sounds like he has an amazing girlfriend and some great friends, he must be a good guy
Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by primmypoo View Post
My boyfriend and i
"Gender: Male"
Old 01-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
well he has told me he's wanted all of these things done so i kept a mental note and things he told his friends. He hasn't had time to do any of these things and thats why im not doing anything major.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostingMS6 View Post
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you may want to make sure he'd be okay with you doing all this stuff. I understand its really the thought that counts -- and it looks like you've REALLY put a lot of thought into this. But my truck is my personal toy, and I don't let people work on it unless I'm there. My brother's the same way as me with his toys. I know we'd both think the work was really sweet, but would feel so much better being consulted by our girlfriends first.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #11
Its white. I'll try to post some pics up but my internet is horrible with uploads.
butt its white and has black accents and inside upholestry is that blue gray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rocker View Post
Black truck?

Tint the glass.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #12
it has some tint on the back and extended cab windows. im tempted to try to get that 4" tint on the front off and do i light tint on the front. i heard thats a good trick for CA cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Just keep the tint mild and they won't pull you over for it. I have meduim tint on my front windows. It matches the stock rear stuff.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
also.. he is on his way to being a firefighter, anyone know where to get nongay firefighter accesories, i want two shifter knobs if not just some cool black ones from online. ive been looking for firefighter but only these weird flame wannabe accessories show up
Old 01-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #14
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, sounds like you've got it all set.

Btw, you you can click the "+ button on the bottom right of people's posts to multi-quote all of them in one message