Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

dealership recommendation

Old 02-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Conjure is on a distinguished road
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
dealership recommendation

can anyone recommend a good salesperson/dealership? i live in broward county. i've tried maroone, lehman, n. hollywood, lipton, royal palm, even reached out to germain in naples, lol...not too pleased with the folks i've been in contact with. at two different dealerships the sales person didn't know which vehicles were 4-cyl and which ones were 6-cyl. another one we sat down with had a customer approach our table and was pissed at our sales guy about something re his wife...they both walked away and our sales guy never came back. the next day in trying to negotiate with the same sales guy via e-mail he wouldn't give me an offer and said "we won't be undersold" lol, what's wrong with these people, don't they want to sell their cars? anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Were are u located
Old 02-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaCoULuV2Hate View Post
Were are u located
broward county, south florida. looks like you're in socal, my native home
Old 02-10-2011, 05:53 AM   #4
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if you already found a place, but I also live in Broward and had a similar experience. Go to Toyota of Hollywood, as for Jorge Sierra. He is the sales/finance manager and a straight shooter. After about 15 minutes of negotiating we were done. He is simple: "this is the offer, go try to beat it." I did, and was told by 3 different dealerships that they couldnt beat his price. My salesman at Hollywood was a douche, but Jorge is good people.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
Not sure if you already found a place, but I also live in Broward and had a similar experience. Go to Toyota of Hollywood, as for Jorge Sierra. He is the sales/finance manager and a straight shooter. After about 15 minutes of negotiating we were done. He is simple: "this is the offer, go try to beat it." I did, and was told by 3 different dealerships that they couldnt beat his price. My salesman at Hollywood was a douche, but Jorge is good people.
not yet, my wife and i visited both hollywood and maroone, the two dealerships are like night and day, but most importantly we just want good service and to get a reasonable deal...we could really care less what the places look like, we just don't want to be jacked around. most of my dealings have been via e-mail to several other dealerships. we were turned off by the hollywood sales folks, but based on your recommendation i reestablished communication with them and will see what they can do...btw, many thanks for the heads up and Jorge's name!! what i'm looking for though is challenging, the 4-cylinder double cab with gray interior and the SR5 package. not an easy find
Old 02-11-2011, 01:26 AM   #6
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The internet turned out to be a waste of time for me, but from what i heard, it could be a great tool to start the bargaining before you ever step foot in the stealership, so if it works for ya, go that route.

As for hard to find trucks, my access cab 4x4 with TRD offroad and tow package wasn't easy either. They found 2 in Alabama and one in Jacksonville. The one in Jacksonville had extra add ons i didnt want, and the 2 in alabame sold before i could get em, so i had to wait a few weeks for my truck to come available. It was delivered to a dealer in Gainesville- and was promptly fitted with running boards I didnt want. Jorge had it towed down here, ate the cost of towing and the running boards, and didnt ask me to sign anything- just a handshake and my word.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #7
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
I know you're in South Florida, but Daytona Beach Toyota has good people and they offer a Lifetime Warranty through their dealership on all new vehicles.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:06 AM   #8
Bat is on a distinguished road

Bat's Tacoma Gallery
I also live in Broward. Bought the truck from Maroone but get all my service done at Hollywood. Maroone gave me a hard time with TSB's but Brian at Hollywood service is great.Sent alot of guys over to him and none had problems.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #9
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
Many thanks TacoTabe, JTaco386, and Bat for your responses. I really appreciate it. Not sure why these stealerships bother to have an internet department...i agree it's somewhat a waste of time (and all those automated responses get annoying), but i am able to get a good idea of what they sell for and am able to compare with Edmunds etc. the hardest part is trying to lock them down on a total OTD, because i want it in writing before i step foot on their lot. anyway, working with a few of them and decided to revisit toyota hollywood based on your recommendations. i have no choice, i have to buy one now, as i just bought my Doug Thorley headers from the GB on this forum i usually try to do my own work, but not sure how advanced the install is for these...do any of you know how to? i'll compensate of course within reason unless someone can point me to a good mechanic who won't want one of my arms or legs, lol. thanks again, great group of folks on this forum
Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #10
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
thanks again for the tips i finally placed a deposit on one which will arrive in a few weeks. amazing how difficult it was to get someone to work with me and i'm a very simple, straightforward dude...all i wanted was a 4-cyl DC w/SR5 in either white, magnetic gray, or black w/graphite interior. looking forward to my new baby
Old 02-18-2011, 05:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conjure View Post
thanks again for the tips i finally placed a deposit on one which will arrive in a few weeks. amazing how difficult it was to get someone to work with me and i'm a very simple, straightforward dude...all i wanted was a 4-cyl DC w/SR5 in either white, magnetic gray, or black w/graphite interior. looking forward to my new baby

I feel your pain- all I wanted was Magnetic Grey (or is it gray?), White or Black, but Access Cab 4x4 v6... Apparently thats a tough combo to find, cuz it took me a while, and I had to have one brought down to here...

Who'd you deal with? I did my dealings with the sales manager at Hollywood and he required no deposit, just a handhsake and my word.

Congrats on the new truck- you'll love it! I love mine more each time I lay eyes on it
Old 02-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #12
Conjure's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
I feel your pain- all I wanted was Magnetic Grey (or is it gray?), White or Black, but Access Cab 4x4 v6... Apparently thats a tough combo to find, cuz it took me a while, and I had to have one brought down to here...

Who'd you deal with? I did my dealings with the sales manager at Hollywood and he required no deposit, just a handhsake and my word.

Congrats on the new truck- you'll love it! I love mine more each time I lay eyes on it
thanks man! i never spoke directly to the manager you mentioned, but told my salesguy i wanted a quote from him instead...their quote was still higher than what i got with Lipton Toyota, who i ultimately went with. you must have got lucky with Hollywood. i felt Lipton had the best communication among all the dealerships i contacted and felt more comfortable with them, plus i was able to customize the truck exactly the way i wanted it re packages and options...let's hope it arrives safe and sound the way i ordered it again, thanks for all the help and happy truckin' btw, anyone know the best local shop to go to for parts and accessories...i live in Broward.