1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Install my URD short shifter?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by JFman00, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Feb 11, 2011 at 1:06 PM
    JFman00

JFman00 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DC
    Vehicle:
    11 Access 4cyl man w/CP
    In the Pensacola area and looking to pay someone to handle installing the URD short shifter kit on my Taco.

2. Feb 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    imtwistd

imtwistd Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    Thats an easy install, how come you dont want to put it in? If you do it yourself you'll save money. It did come with instructions on how to install it right?

3. Feb 11, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    JFman00

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DC
    Vehicle:
    11 Access 4cyl man w/CP
    I don't have a center punch (to stake the setscrews?). Also, would rather not pay for lock tight and RTV I'll only use once. Most complicated mods I've done myself are switch out the grille and throw on the bug guard.

4. Feb 11, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    imtwistd

imtwistd Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    :frusty: OK but I still think you should take on this project yourself. You may not use the locktight and rtv right away but you may need some time down the road and as long as you cap them properly they last last for awhile. Again this is just my opinion

5. Feb 11, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    xmadcowx

xmadcowx Old man club. Sold out to Ford.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    19 Raptor/21 Bronco. 12 OR sold. 05 xrunner sold.
    Functional
    I vote do it yourself. It's super easy, and locktite is maybe 5 bucks. This way down the road if you need to bring your truck in for service and you think they might give you a hard time about the short shifter, you can take it out in 5 minutes before you drop it off.

6. Feb 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    JFman00

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DC
    Vehicle:
    11 Access 4cyl man w/CP
    Fair enough. Is "staking the setscrews" really necessary?

7. Feb 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I wish I was still there cause I have a center punch that you could use. Have you stopped by the Auto Hobby Shop at Corry Station for the right tools??
    And Locktite is only like 5 bucks for a small tube of red...You won't lose out too bad either way.

8. Mar 10, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    JFman00

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DC
    Vehicle:
    11 Access 4cyl man w/CP
    Alright, well after an hour of banging away at the assembly it's now about half dislodged. We'll see if I can finish the job tomorrow... I sure hope I'm banging at the right thing. Managed to dent half of everything bendable in there. I think a rubber mallet would help.

Products Discussed in

To Top