1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Off roading near Pensacola

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Hungryholler, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Apr 19, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    Hungryholler

Hungryholler [OP] Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 4 door silver
    Stock...so far.
    Hello all,

Just got a 2006 4x4 and I need a place to take her! My buddies and I have messed around the power line access roads near HWY 98 a few times. Somebody told us about a town in/near Chumuckla (north of Pensacola). He said there was all kinds of stuff there..mud, trails, hills, streams, etc....
    I did a google search and couldn't find much of anything. It may be something you have to just go and drive around. I was just wondering if anybody here has heard anything about it.

Thanks!

2. Apr 19, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You can get a "Rec Pass" onto Eglin Reservation- They have a huge "reclaimed forest" section of the base with trails and stuff. There is also a lot of riding to be done in the Blackwater river reserve.
    Just make sure you have the right gear or a buddy to get you out...Some of those trails are TIGHT fits.

3. Apr 20, 2011 at 4:41 AM
    Hungryholler

Hungryholler [OP] Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 4 door silver
    Stock...so far.
    Awesome...thanks for the info. I've got a buddy with an old CUCV and another buddy with a 80s era lifted Jeep.
    I will be careful....I just got my Tacoma and don't have a huge interest in damaging it just yet (or at all for that matter haha).

4. Apr 20, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Take your buddies Jeep. I checked out some trails with Jeep crew and those dudes were nutz...Lots of places they tucked those things that I couldn't go (at least not without body damage).
    Check out EmeraldCoastJeepers for some folks to ride with...I didn't get a lot of chances to get out with them- but they had some good trails the took me around.

5. Apr 22, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    Hungryholler

Hungryholler [OP] Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 4 door silver
    Stock...so far.
    Thanks for the heads up....any word on the Chumuckla Jay area north of Pensacola? Planning on driving around there tomorrow, but don't really have an idea where to go. I'm looking at Google earth right now to see what's up.

6. Apr 22, 2011 at 2:32 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    IIRC I was told Jay has a large KKK population and can be unwelcoming. The stories I heard were enuf for me to not head up there....5on't want to break and have to sit up there waiting for help

7. Apr 27, 2011 at 4:23 PM
    Bawlzdeep

Bawlzdeep I'm dropping the hammer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Penn Valley CA
    Vehicle:
    S/C'd 97 4Runner 5spd
    lift, tires, winch, 5spd swap, dual lockers..
    My friends and I hit the range almost every weekend depending on whose rig is broke. Be great if you'd like to join.

8. May 1, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    Hungryholler

Hungryholler [OP] Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 4 door silver
    Stock...so far.
    I wish I would have read your post there...umm...bawlzdeep...before we took a trip there this past weekend. We didn't realize the enormity of the place!!!! We tried poking around the area that was closer to the Jackson Guard, but didn't find much. We didn't really know where to go! I asked the desk lady where some good spots were, but she made it seem like it was frowned upon.
    Anywho...where do you guys usually go? Nothing too nuts...but enough to have some fun!

9. May 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    Bawlzdeep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Penn Valley CA
    Vehicle:
    S/C'd 97 4Runner 5spd
    Mainly up around HWY 87. We live in Navarre. Theres a bunch of creeks and beach spots and quite a few off-camber trails. My rad popped Sat and filled my trans with the pink milkshake but it should be ready to go next weekend. Jordan (98 Taco) is working on fabbing a new rear bumper which should also be finished.

10. May 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    Hungryholler

Hungryholler [OP] Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 4 door silver
    Stock...so far.
    Sweet. I'll definitely hit you up next time we roll out.
    Do you do anything in Blackwater park?

11. May 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    Bawlzdeep

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Penn Valley CA
    Vehicle:
    S/C'd 97 4Runner 5spd
    Only thing I've done up there was Bob's Canoe. I have to install an external trans cooler before this weekend and pray to the offroad gods that my trans isn't cooked. I got the pink milk shake last Saturday. It may just be the two Tacos, give me a text if you wanna head out this weekend, Jon 850-240-4821

12. May 7, 2011 at 6:47 PM
    Chris20

Chris20 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pensacola,Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Trd off-road
    Arb front bumper SAS swap all-pro rock sliders Warn winch
    There are a couple of side roads off of quintet rd in cantonment. I use to go out there when I lived there.

13. May 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    Hungryholler

Hungryholler [OP] Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 4 door silver
    Stock...so far.
    Nice. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip.

14. May 8, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    Chris20

Chris20 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pensacola,Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Trd off-road
    Arb front bumper SAS swap all-pro rock sliders Warn winch
    If you dont mind the drive out to milton back behind the mcdonalds there use to be abound of intersecting dirt roads and a couple trails back near the bout launch on the side of the interstate.

15. May 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    Dusther

Dusther Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 FJc
    there are still a few things to do around here you just need to know where they are located.. but very few and far between
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm still waiting on more pics to be posted from this past weekends 150 mile ride.

16. Nov 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    ILikeTacosToo

ILikeTacosToo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    ARB front locker, alpine nav, image dynamics i5800, Polk audio front rear and subs, TOYTEC 3 inch coilovers wiht AAL, awesomest driver ever!
    If anyone is planning on going wheeling in the next few weeks please let me know. I have been trying to find some legal places to go but no one i seem to talk to knows of any. Take it easy.

17. Nov 20, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Looks like a good time, I'm trying to pull orders to Eglin maybe by the end of next summer.

18. Feb 14, 2014 at 9:06 PM
    ccy

ccy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    christian
    pensacola
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma
    4.5in total chaos lift,18in rims, 285\65 allterrain tires, custom front bumper,tiregate on back
    hey i just got medically retired out of the army and i have a 06 tacoma and i like to go off roading and well im looking for some trails and ppl to go with just in case i get stuck and to just have a good time

19. Feb 15, 2014 at 4:06 AM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    Hey ccy check out the Pensacola meet thread and Pensacola area tacos thread. They shouldboth be on this page. We have an eglin meet coming up next Saturday.

Products Discussed in

To Top