Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

LOVE BUGS!!!!

Old 04-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
Apricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lcpl, 3/8 & 3rd FAST
Name: Henry
Apricotshot's Tacoma Gallery
LOVE BUGS!!!!

Those damn things are back! It took me 20 minutes just to get them off the grill!

Anybody have a good way of getting them off besides scrubing?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
whats a love bug?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
What about bug and tar remover? Is that stuff any good?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
I think they have some kind of shampoo at the pharmacy?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
Apricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #6

^^
These little bastards are on the roads by the billions. Their vile carcasses will eat through your paint.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
^^
These little bastards are on the roads by the billions. Their vile carcasses will eat through your paint.
OOOOO you mean black flies?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
OOOOO you mean black flies?
In FL we call them Love Bugs. Nuts to butts
Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
tacosuprem will become famous soon enough
tacosuprem's Tacoma Gallery
the best thing i have found to use is a dryer sheet like bounce or downy. Wet them and they rub right off with ease. Then rinse off the truck. EZ PZ
Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #10
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Agrred with the dryer sheet idea. I used it and it def. works!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
hate a road trip in FL round love bug time!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosuprem View Post
the best thing i have found to use is a dryer sheet like bounce or downy. Wet them and they rub right off with ease. Then rinse off the truck. EZ PZ
I love you in a non-gay way. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #13
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
NNNNNNOOOO. I hate them so much. They are attracted to exhaust fumes, so naturally they hang by the roads. Just don't let them sit on there for very long the sun bakes them real nice.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #14
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Hate em! I had to have the hood repainted on the black 92 yota I had because of those damn things! Went to the beach, didn't get a chance to wash it while down there (was too busy drinking) when I got home 3 days later it was too late. When i washed the devils spawn bugs off the front edge of the hood, the paint came off too. Can't stand em!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #15
MattS67 is on a distinguished road
MattS67's Tacoma Gallery
Yup..they're back. Had a bunch on my truck today...the key is to remove them before they bake on and dry, and keep a good coat of durable wax on your front end. Collinite works very well for this and is quite cheap.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
GrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Paratrooper
Name: Andy
GrayTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
HATE THEM BASTERDS!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #18
pb4ugotobed is on a distinguished road
pb4ugotobed's Tacoma Gallery
You have to keep on top of it, but spray some pam on the front bumper. They wash off REAL easy.

Or if you want a more permanent solution, get an invisibra. IT's basically a clear window tint type film that goes over the front of your car/truck. great for those damned love bugs, as well as rock chips and stuff like that. IT's thick and you don't ever even notice it's there. Most window tint shops that carry 3m tint can do these. Kinda pricey, but if you got a new truck and want to keep it nice, a good investment.

This is one thing I love about my 91. It's old, faded, and the front bumper is flat black krylon (cause I dont like chrome). Paint chips? Oh well, 2 bucks and I'm back to looking new again
Old 05-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #19
oldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Security Police
Name: John
oldranger821's Tacoma Gallery
for the poster in AB, Canada. Your black flies bite. Our love bugs just mess up you truck's paint. get them off as soon as possible!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #20
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Ah I hate those damned things. I hit them every year when I come see my parents. Nothing like driving for a day and a half and then spending an hour scraping bugs as soon as you quit moving.