1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jacksonville Service Shops

Discussion in 'Florida' started by JAJI4, May 23, 2011.

1. May 23, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    JAJI4

JAJI4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunshine State
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma; Double Cab; TRD Offroad; 2WD
    Forgive me if this topic has already been covered in a previous post. I'm a relatively new tacoma owner and don't immediately need service. But, I'm wondering where you all take your trucks if it needs servicing. Things I will likely need done in the next 12 months are: (in no particular order)
    1. Leafs are pretty flat and may need replacement - I have a little axle wrap too
    2. Dealer who sold me the tacoma put on some cheap GeoTrack tires which are out of round. Can these be rounded out or should I replace? I've confirmed it is the tires and likely not something else with the wheels or suspension.
    3. I'm getting a slight raw gasoline smell when the truck is running. The smell is only on the outside of the truck, there are no leaks that I can see and the check engine light is not on. Could this be a charcoal canister in need of a change? BTW - this is a 2001 V6 with 108k on the meter.

Thanks in advance!

2. May 24, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    I get all my warranty work done at Coggin Toyota. I couldn't be happier with their service. Rick is the man!

3. May 24, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    JAJI4

JAJI4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunshine State
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma; Double Cab; TRD Offroad; 2WD
    Thanks for the tip.

Products Discussed in

To Top