Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

South Forida Meet Up!!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #41
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B4X4 View Post
anybody up for a few hours of ridin around on wednesday at J.W. Corbett?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I work Wednesdays from 2pm-12pm
I work Wednesday morning but I might be able to change it to a closing shift if you guys wanna head out there.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #42
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anybody up for a few hours of ridin around on wednesday at J.W. Corbett?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post
I work Wednesday morning but I might be able to change it to a closing shift if you guys wanna head out there.
I'm down to head out there in the AM...as long as I'm back home by 1 to get ready for work...
Old 10-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #43
11B4X4 is on a distinguished road

Army: GRUNT
11B4X4's Tacoma Gallery
So we could do a morning ride and still get a few good hours in. I've never been so i would like to check it out
Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #44
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
So we could do a morning ride and still get a few good hours in. I've never been so i would like to check it out
Yeah. I've never been either, so it'll be a new experience for us both. I just don't want to tear my truck up...I just made my first payment...lol
Old 10-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #45

11B4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah. I've never been either, so it'll be a new experience for us both. I just don't want to tear my truck up...I just made my first payment...lol

My trucks been paid off for about two years and i still don't want to tear mine up. That feeling never goes away. However..shit happens, unfortunately.

So your in?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #46
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
My trucks been paid off for about two years and i still don't want to tear mine up. That feeling never goes away. However..shit happens, unfortunately.

So your in?
What time do you want to meet?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #47

11B4X4's Tacoma Gallery
9:00 sounds pretty good to me.

I'm hoping somebody chimes in who's been there before and is able to go.

Lets se what Fink says it sounds like he has been there and knows the trails.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #48
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

I've been, yes. Not sure on all the trails though.
Only been down one and that was going to my buddies tree stands.
Looking at maps now to get a general idea.
As far as a meeting place, just south on Seminole Pratt at Orange Blvd, there's a plaza with a Publix which would be a good place to meet up.

Edit: So my buddy has to work or he'd ride out with us but he said trail 6 has deep water and to go down 3.
http://myfwc.com/media/1388668/Corbett.pdf
Old 10-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #49
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
9:00 sounds pretty good to me.

I'm hoping somebody chimes in who's been there before and is able to go.

Lets se what Fink says it sounds like he has been there and knows the trails.
Quote:
As far as a meeting place, just south on Seminole Pratt at Orange Blvd, there's a plaza with a Publix which would be a good place to meet up.6 has

Edit: So my buddy has to work or he'd ride out with us but he said trail 6 has deep water and to go down 3.
I'm down to met at that Publix around 9am. I dont have a CB Radio, but im bringing 2 two-way radios. IDK if we'll use them. Also, I don't have a recovery strap; May pick one up if I have time tomorrow...
Old 10-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #50
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As far as a meeting place, just south on Seminole Pratt at Orange Blvd, there's a plaza with a Publix which would be a good place to meet up.

I've never been to Corbett before- but I'm the red-headed step child of the South Florida (fj) Cruisers- and several of the guys have gone out to Cobett before.

Anyways, from what I last heard from those guys, the only trail that is open is 6. To get on any others, you have to have a hunting permit and be on a 'hunt' (you have to have a gun, and be able to legitiemately claim that you're hunting)...

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I don't want y'all to go out there just to get hassled.

On a postive note, I know of a spot in Bonita Springs that we can go on a weekend- and its not patrolled by law enforcement- if y'all are interested.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #51

11B4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished checking out the website. There seems to be a few roads open to drive without hunting.

I think it's worth checking out. Publix works for me
Old 10-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #52
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Just finished checking out the website. There seems to be a few roads open to drive without hunting.

I think it's worth checking out. Publix works for me
If you want to, we can wait until Friday or Sat morning and head out...I don't have to go to work until 5 on either of those days. It would give is a little more time out there and more time to plan.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #53

And there's some roads just West of the Publix plaza that were nice and flooded and muddy.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #54

11B4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you want to, we can wait until Friday or Sat morning and head out...I don't have to go to work until 5 on either of those days. It would give is a little more time out there and more time to plan.

I could do friday or wednesday. Preferably wednesday, but whatever is more conveniant for the group
Old 10-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #55
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
I could do friday or wednesday. Preferably wednesday, but whatever is more conveniant for the group
Let's stick with tomorrow since we are already planning on it. I have a friend that's going to join us as well. He has a Blazer, but it's at least a 4x4.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #56

Sweet...I'll be the only 2wd
Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #57
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Sweet...I'll be the only 2wd
Well, he has a 4x4, but he also has street tires. It is a Blazer after all...
Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #58

My other Yota is a manual 4x4 but stock with street tires. I don't think she's worthy of trails yet.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #59
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
anyone wanna meet fer a cold one near hollywood? I been working hard as a mug!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #60
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
did u guys ever go? how was it?

BTW, did anyone drive through all of that rain and flash flooding sunday night!?!?