Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Little ants driving me crazy!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
GerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
GerhartCss's Tacoma Gallery
Little ants driving me crazy!!!

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I've lived down in Florida now for about 4 months and recently I have been seeing a bothersome amount of very small ants all around my apartment. These ants are smaller than anything I'm used to seeing up in PA where I'm from and your basic black ant traps don't seem to be doing anything. Just wondering if there is some secret to getting rid of these bastards.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 06-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
whatever that shit in the little brown bottle that's been around for years and years is the best. you just put a few drops on a little square of cardboard where they eat. they eat it, they die, no more ants. . . .give me a second and i'll tell you what it's called. . . .

EDIT: Terro!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having the same problem. I've had to put everything that isn't in a can or plastic bag in the fridge so the ants dont get into it. Its really starting to irritate me.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
What about my Member???
NaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NaYoung's Tacoma Gallery
If you're in an apartment I'd say something to the management and have them come out and spray. Ultimately though you live in Florida which the majority of the state is reclaimed swamp land. Short answer...get used to it, at least it's just ants.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #5
wcm608 will become famous soon enoughwcm608 will become famous soon enough

wcm608's Tacoma Gallery
I never used terro but heard it works well.

I just eliminated my ant problem with:
1 tbs boric acid (found in most drug stores)
1 heaping tbs of sugar
1 tbs of extremely hot water

cut the bottom off an aluminum can. all you really want is the indented part of the can. pour the melted solution into the well of the can and let
dry hard. put this down where the ants are and somewhere your pets or
anybody's pets can't get to it. Mine happened to be under the dishwasher.
After an hour or two, you'll see ants feasting on it and taking it back to the
nest to get the queen/s. The solution doesn't kill them right away but gives
them time to share it with others.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
i30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i30nes's Tacoma Gallery
I second terro. Those lil piss ants are annoying as hell. Worked well for me.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Go to a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) or the like, and get a shit load of those "Honey sauce" packets. Leave a little trail of the honey suace going twards whoever you want to have the ants. At the end of the trail, leave a puddle of the honey sauce. Problem solved. Youre welcome.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
Retired?
gatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired
Name: Scott
gatlin69's Tacoma Gallery
I grew up in Florida, ants were kind of part of the scenery. I would notify the complex manager. Just be thankful they are not fireants.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #9
What about my Member???
NaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NaYoung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Go to a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) or the like, and get a shit load of those "Honey sauce" packets. Leave a little trail of the honey suace going twards whoever you want to have the ants. At the end of the trail, leave a puddle of the honey sauce. Problem solved. Youre welcome.
Set up the trail straight to the management office and the managers car.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If you know where they are coming in from, put a dryer sheet there... They wont go near it.

"Sevin" dust also works well.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #11
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
If you know where they are coming in from, put a dryer sheet there... They wont go near it.

"Sevin" dust also works well.
Damn, good thinking!

There called sugar ants. Probably around your sinks right? Use the ant product listed, it works! And try your best to clean dishes and such right away.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #12
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
soo...are you saying not to bother with the blow tourch?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hda_t...eature=related
Old 06-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #13
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever you do don't leave food or empty bags that had food in it. They will find it. Happened to me when I lived out in Loxahatchee. We didn't have that problem in Kansas.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I understand if you leave a little pile of ARM AND HAMMER BAKING SODA the Ants take it back to their nest and when they all start eating it (especially the Queen Ant) the baking soda expands inside them..blowing them up! Bbye Ants!

Good luck and Bon Apitite!

Steve
Old 06-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #16
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
salt will do the trick also- just spread em around those corners, bud.