Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Ham Radio Help

Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #1
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Ham Radio Help

It appears I am technically challenged. I have a Yaesu VX-8dr handheld ham radio and a Yaesu Ft-8900 Mobile radio. I can not get these set up for the life of me. Is anyone in the orlando area famiiar with these. I could sure use some help, I would even be willing to pay fo your time to help me setup these radios.
Thanks
Old 07-29-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
Say what you mean.Mean what you say !!
Yon tu has a brilliant futureYon tu has a brilliant futureYon tu has a brilliant futureYon tu has a brilliant futureYon tu has a brilliant futureYon tu has a brilliant futureYon tu has a brilliant futureYon tu has a brilliant futureYon tu has a brilliant futureYon tu has a brilliant futureYon tu has a brilliant future

Army: 67N2F UH-1 Helicopter Crewchief./dr.gunner
Name: Moe
Yon tu's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Yon tu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
It appears I am technically challenged. I have a Yaesu VX-8dr handheld ham radio and a Yaesu Ft-8900 Mobile radio. I can not get these set up for the life of me. Is anyone in the orlando area famiiar with these. I could sure use some help, I would even be willing to pay fo your time to help me setup these radios.
Thanks
Radio help...................have a number of a shop in De Land ,Fl.,if not to far away that installs CB,and does great work, its called Cowboys CB shop,ph#386-740-7444...........hope that it helps,its on the truck route
Old 07-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard of that shop and I'm in Texas. Truckers talk about when they are headed east on 1-10 and need a good shop for some reason.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
gfiber is a splendid one to beholdgfiber is a splendid one to beholdgfiber is a splendid one to beholdgfiber is a splendid one to beholdgfiber is a splendid one to beholdgfiber is a splendid one to behold

Name: Gary
gfiber's Tacoma Gallery
Craig,

I assume you are having programming troubles? RT Systems makes some good software that allows you to use your computer to program your rigs.

Have you visited AES in Orlando and asked if they could get your started? Maybe they can suggest a local radio club with someone who can assist.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #6
kd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rocky
kd8awe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfiber View Post
Craig,

I assume you are having programming troubles? RT Systems makes some good software that allows you to use your computer to program your rigs.

Have you visited AES in Orlando and asked if they could get your started? Maybe they can suggest a local radio club with someone who can assist.

I agree.... The RT Systems software makes it much easier. I have an 8900 in my truck and a 7800 that I use in my shack.

http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/