1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ham Radio Help

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Rellik01, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Jul 28, 2011 at 1:30 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    It appears I am technically challenged. I have a Yaesu VX-8dr handheld ham radio and a Yaesu Ft-8900 Mobile radio. I can not get these set up for the life of me. Is anyone in the orlando area famiiar with these. I could sure use some help, I would even be willing to pay fo your time to help me setup these radios.
    Thanks

2. Jul 29, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    Yon tu

Yon tu Say what you mean.Mean what you say !!

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Sorrento Florida
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4X4 with the "TRD Pkg"
    Daystar 2.5 level lift, Toytec AAL,Aluminess winch bumper, Rigid Dually's, Grillcraft grill, All fluids Royal Purple, K&N, tires filled w/Nitro
    Radio help...................have a number of a shop in De Land ,Fl.,if not to far away that installs CB,and does great work, its called Cowboys CB shop,ph#386-740-7444...........hope that it helps,its on the truck route:D

3. Jul 29, 2011 at 7:14 AM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    I've heard of that shop and I'm in Texas. Truckers talk about when they are headed east on 1-10 and need a good shop for some reason.

4. Aug 4, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    gfiber

gfiber Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black TRD Sport Access Cab
    TRD sport pkg, Towing Pkg, Ham radio installation, bed lights, front 32 inch LED Bar behind the grill.
    Craig,

I assume you are having programming troubles? RT Systems makes some good software that allows you to use your computer to program your rigs.

Have you visited AES in Orlando and asked if they could get your started? Maybe they can suggest a local radio club with someone who can assist.

5. Aug 5, 2011 at 3:35 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    Thank You for the advice.
    Craig

6. Aug 5, 2011 at 4:03 AM
    kd8awe

kd8awe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rocky
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road
    Fog mod, 3" lift, ShoMe stobes, MicroLight LED Strobes, HiLift Jack, RCI 2950, Yaesu 8900r, 20% Tint, ScanGauge II, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, *** New Mod's (parts on the way) *** U-Bolt flip kit. Tom Woods 1 Piece Double Cardan Drive Shaft. 3* Axel Shims

I agree.... The RT Systems software makes it much easier. I have an 8900 in my truck and a 7800 that I use in my shack.

http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/

Products Discussed in

To Top