Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Can I get a better price on this 2011 Prerunner Doublecab with SR5

Old 08-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Can I get a better price on this 2011 Prerunner Doublecab with SR5

Hi, I am looking to purchase a 2011 Tacoma prerunner doublecab with sr5 in super white. I have a quote for 26,500 OTD. Does anybody think I can get a better deal than that and if so, which dealer. There is also a new 2010 tacoma which is identical for 25,700 OTD, and it only has 79 miles on it. Please give any recommendations. Thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
rev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant future
Name: Al
rev25sharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
Hi, I am looking to purchase a 2011 Tacoma prerunner doublecab with sr5 in super white. I have a quote for 26,500 OTD. Does anybody think I can get a better deal than that and if so, which dealer. There is also a new 2010 tacoma which is identical for 25,700 OTD, and it only has 79 miles on it. Please give any recommendations. Thanks
that is a good deal. i would go with the 2011. your paying bout the same as i did for a 2010 in may of last year. i had the tow pkg.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I'd go with the '10. Anytime you can get a year older model with lower or same miles your saving money in the long run. When you get rid of a vehicle year doesn't matter as much as miles. You're a year ahead with the '10. The only time year really matters is if the vehicle was redesigned, which the Tacoma wasn't.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Few Questions: Is it a TRD Sport or TRD Off Road or just the SR5? Is it Long bed or Short bed? You say Prerunner, but those prices look almost like 4x4 prices.
Here's a Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road DBL Cab with 8,000 miles for $23K :http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/picku...#ht_4158wt_958
Or a Prerunner with 7,000 miles and bidding currently at $16k: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SR5-V...ht_19467wt_982
or another 2011 4x4 Dblcab TRD Sport with only 125 miles for $29,655 :http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...t_26294wt_1047
Old 08-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
rev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Beauregard View Post
Few Questions: Is it a TRD Sport or TRD Off Road or just the SR5? Is it Long bed or Short bed? You say Prerunner, but those prices look almost like 4x4 prices.
Here's a Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road DBL Cab with 8,000 miles for $23K :http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/picku...#ht_4158wt_958
Or a Prerunner with 7,000 miles and bidding currently at $16k: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SR5-V...ht_19467wt_982
or another 2011 4x4 Dblcab TRD Sport with only 125 miles for $29,655 :http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...t_26294wt_1047
4x4 prices are higher. he states the exact truck he is looking at...
Old 08-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev25sharp View Post
4x4 prices are higher. he states the exact truck he is looking at...
I wanted to know if the trucks that he got price quotes on were TRD? Then I said the prices he got quoted seem liked 4x4 prices. (That means the prices seemed high.) You say he states the exact truck he is looking at, but that is not true! He did not say if they were short beds trucks or long beds, and that makes a big difference both in price and the set up's they come with. (the long beds do not offer lockers.) He does not say if he wants automatic or standard shift transmission. I could go on with the many things that make the price of each truck different. This means he did not state an exact truck!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Everybody, thanks for your responses, to answer the 2wd vs 4x4, I find that 4x4 are significantly more expensive. Those are 2wd prices, and the ebay links have not had their reserves met. I think the 4x4 will have the reserve for around 27-28K. As for the truck I am looking at it is for a sr5, but I was told that they will sell a trd sport for 800 more, which I think is worth it. All the prices I have been getting are for the short bed, I have been to 4 dealers, and none of them actually had a long bed, but I believe the difference in that price is only about 800 as well. Thanks for your input, I am going to try to negotiate more on the sport.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 2011 DCSB PreRunner TRD Off-Road in Silver Streak with All-Weather Mats and TOYOGUARD (not by choice) for $25,099 OTD at Central Florida Toyota.

Just FYI.

Fink
Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #10
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
I bought my 2011 DCSB PreRunner TRD Off-Road in Silver Streak with All-Weather Mats and TOYOGUARD (not by choice) for $25,099 OTD at Central Florida Toyota.

Just FYI.

Fink
Congratulations!!! Now you can start modifying it to your liking. Hope you have lots of fun with it.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #11
Quote:

Just FYI.

Fink
awesome price
Old 08-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
In 2007 I had a dealer willing to sell me a TRD O/R DC Prerunner for $24,500 OTD.

Considering your looking at an SR5, I'd say that price is on the high side.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:42 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
In 2007 I had a dealer willing to sell me a TRD O/R DC Prerunner for $24,500 OTD.

i disagree.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #14
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Beauregard View Post
Congratulations!!! Now you can start modifying it to your liking. Hope you have lots of fun with it.
As soon as the funds make themselves available...you better believe I will!

Although, it seems after owning so many Toyota's, I've learned that the slow approach to modding is almost always better...

Fink
Old 08-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #16
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
Fink, can I ask you who your salesperson was and when you purchased it, I will call them today
His name is Andre (Internet Sales), but I also spoke with a guy named Todd (Internet Sales Manager). Tell them Chris Fink sent you and maybe I'll get something free out of it!

I purchased mine (Silver Streak PreRunner TRD Off-Road) on 7/6/11 so I bet you could get an even better deal now. Assuming they have one on the lot that you like, I would walk in and demand $24,500 OTD and see how much they sweat.

I will warn you, their detail guys suck - I had to detail mine all over again when I got it home. Although, I'm quite particular so that doesn't help.

Good luck!!

Fink
Old 08-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post

That was 4 years ago... I bought mine new in 2007 for 26,xxx OTD and it was a SR5 4x4 double cab but again, 4 years ago. Prices seem to have jumped up a little since then.

I'd go after the 2010 and try to negotiate the price down a little more based on how closely is priced to a 2011. Unless you plan on trading it in within the next couple years, one model year older won't really hurt you.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
After looking at the pricing on Overstock.com - a 2011 DCSB PreRunner in Super White with just the SR5 #1 Package is going for $23,917.

Given that, I would not more than $24,000 for a brand new 2011 with that option package.

Just FYI.

Fink
Old 08-20-2011, 04:57 AM   #19
Quote:
After looking at the pricing on Overstock.com - a 2011 DCSB PreRunner in Super White with just the SR5 #1 Package is going for $23,917.

Given that, I would not more than $24,000 for a brand new 2011 with that option package.

Just FYI.

Fink
i just checked overstock for jax fl and the got 24417 and remember before tax. his original offer was good.
i forgot to add the tow pkg which brought it to 24827. i would talk to fink, he seems to have a connection with that price.
In fact, we should prolly call americas most wanted on fink. he robbed the joint with that price
Old 08-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #20

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
hey fink, I called andre this morning, and he said for sr5, he can get me 24,800 before ttl, so it seems that you got a really really good deal.