Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Has Anybody has Trouble with Tint in Florida

Old 09-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Has Anybody has Trouble with Tint in Florida

Hi, I was thinking about getting my tacoma tinted with 5% up front and 20% on top of the factory tint on the back of my double cab to make it roughly 5%. I was just wondering if anybody in Florida has had a problem with their window tint? thanks
Old 09-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I've hung out in Florida a lot got 20% that darkened to 15% and never had any problems down there. Being out of state I figure they would be on my ass before a local.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Nikwanchoo is on a distinguished road
Nikwanchoo's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had 30% tint on my front side windows for 2 years now. No problems in terms of color shifting or bubbling. Other then that, what problems were you specifically talking about?

Legal trouble for your setup will be an issue...if you get caught.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikwanchoo View Post
Ive had 30% tint on my front side windows for 2 years now. No problems in terms of color shifting or bubbling. Other then that, what problems were you specifically talking about?

Legal trouble for your setup will be an issue...if you get caught.
^^^^^^^ This IF the police cant see in with a flashlight at night its ticket time + you have to remove your tint and get it redone... Jim
Old 09-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
I cannot remember the number tint I have but a cop asked me about it once at a dui check. If I'm ever pulled over I immediately roll my windows down just in case. 10 years ago in highschool it seemed like everyone was pulled over for tint alone, not now.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
hi sorry, I meant trouble with the police, because I was reading apparently in georgia now, it's a misdemeanor, not just a fix it ticket
Old 09-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #7
fuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to behold
fuzz master's Tacoma Gallery
i havn't had any issues so far ....knock on wood....and my fronts are matched to my rear windows and a strip up front. i changed my interior lights to leds so they have no problem seeing inside when i turn them on.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
hi sorry, I meant trouble with the police, because I was reading apparently in georgia now, it's a misdemeanor, not just a fix it ticket
I've had mine on for 9 years up here (Georgia) and never been questioned.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, FYI 5% is DARK. Coming from personal experience, I had 5% on the back window of my last vehicle and backing up at night was a bitch. I usually had to roll down the window and use my mirrors to back up.

I have 15% up front and the factory back tint on mine and it's dark enough for me.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
It is a red flag to the police. If you don't want to get hassled by the police I would go legal. 28% on the front 15% on the back windows. don't go below the as1 liine on the front. If you want to go darker feel free. It is a pet peave with many cops. I was just kiddin with jon by the way...lol
Old 09-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #14
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
It is a red flag to the police. If you don't want to get hassled by the police I would go legal. 28% on the front 15% on the back windows. don't go below the as1 liine on the front. If you want to go darker feel free. It is a pet peave with many cops. I was just kiddin with jon by the way...lol
All of mine is illegal
Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #17
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
I take it your working tonight. wanna go get some doughnuts/?
I am and hell yeah I want a doughnut!!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #18
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
JSO will take a dark tint as an excuse to pull you over. Keep your tags and all your info valid and you should be fine.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #19
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on type of cop. Some will pull you over just be a ass, some dont care. Keep it legal and you wont have a problem.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:24 AM   #20

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
yea thanks everybody, from the sounds of it, I think 15% up front is a little safer than 5% (even though 15% is still illegal) and that way it will more or less match my rears so I can save money on that