Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

The Florida Jobs Page

Old 12-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
The Florida Jobs Page

I know I am out of work, looking for a part time/full time gig, and a permanent job as a Paramedic.

And I know there are probably a few others in FL on TW looking for work right now, so if you see any job postings, post them up.

Post the Company/Agency and the Location.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
bobg03 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Retired Chauffer
bobg03's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...I'm really surprised that a paramedic can't find at least a somewhat decent gig especially as the country grows older.

If I was young and had to do it over again, I'd try to get my PA....good luck in your search.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg03 View Post
Wow...I'm really surprised that a paramedic can't find at least a somewhat decent gig especially as the country grows older.

If I was young and had to do it over again, I'd try to get my PA....good luck in your search.
thanks man. I also have my fire standards, but it expires in May '12, so I cant get a Fire gig until it gets renewed. (some rule that says that its technically expired 6 mos. before the expiration date) But I am toying with the idea of just doing transport. I enjoyed it a lot when I was interning with EVAC ambulance here in Volusia county.

I'm only 21, so If I can get a gig w/ a transport company, renew my fire, volly somewhere, get experience as a Medic, then get a paid fire gig before I am 26 or so, I would be pretty happy.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
bobg03 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Retired Chauffer
bobg03's Tacoma Gallery
CSX always seems to be hiring conductors, bet it'd be a much easier job in a state w/no snow and freezing rain...

Medics here in the North are primarily attached to the "cot jockey" brigade.....very few fire depts that do have an in house "bus" provide it (they may provide a level of ALS, but on a limited level) it is the medic ambulance service that typically provide ALS.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #5

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
jon have you considered the military?
Yeah, I have it a lot of consideration right when I graduated from HS...still runs through my head a lot. But I have it good here, and I have a great girlfriend that I am pretty serious with now, so it would be hard to leave her behind periodically.

I dont think I would be 100% dedicated to it. And until I think I will give 100% into being in the military, I wont join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg03 View Post
CSX always seems to be hiring conductors, bet it'd be a much easier job in a state w/no snow and freezing rain...

Medics here in the North are primarily attached to the "cot jockey" brigade.....very few fire depts that do have an in house "bus" provide it (they may provide a level of ALS, but on a limited level) it is the medic ambulance service that typically provide ALS.
Its about 50% here. Many FD's here (especially in the metro Orlando Area) transport. Almost every fire agency here is ALS, and at least has a rescue truck for running medical calls. Here in the county where I live, we have a two tier system, where all the Agencies are ALS (except one), and there is an Ambulance detachment that runs the EMS calls. When there is a medical call, both Fire and EMS is dispatched, and the ambulance co. transports.

Quote:
one guy i know has been contracting waste management with nas jax, just lost his contract, now he is laying fiber optic cable for comcast b/c they are doing all that new xfinity- thats all fiberoptics and there is little to no residential infrastructure for it. anybody looking for a job now should give comcast a ring they seem to be hiring like crazy for it

I'll look into that, thanks.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #6

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Any mechanics out there: Orange County Fire Rescue is hiring Mechanics w/ at least 4 years of automotive/diesel experience to work on Fire Apparatus.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #7

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
anyone who is an accountant/book keeper/trained in medical billing; EVAC ambulance in Voluisa county is hiring an Accounting clerk

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/vol...FwddxPacket%3E
Old 12-17-2011, 04:41 AM   #8
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO, Although I am retired I think this is a great idea for a thread. Post if you know of someone hiring as alot of folks are out of work now.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #9
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Quote:
damn man you worked nypd and retired already? you either are older than i thought (i figured like low 40s at the most cause you said you have young kids) or you did reallllly well for a leo...
NYPD is a 20 year sentence then parole (pension) if things continue as is, I will never work another day of my life. Already retired 5 years and i am 45 years old. The first 20 years suck but you are working for the pension. BTW you keep all your benefits such as medical, dental, glasses and etc. Great job for the pension. In fact my pension is more than I made thanks to loads of overtime which is pensionable.
Being retired is the best job I ever had.(kinda like the movie groundhog day).

Also have to add that I got injured on the job when I was run over and have numerous metal surgical steel holding my back together. The disability portion of the pension =$

All joking aside I miss the clowns but not the circus.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #10

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I have an interview w/ Orange City Fire Department next Thursday for a Fire/Medic spot.

Really excited about this one! Wish me luck!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #11
Why ask why?
ohohvette is a splendid one to beholdohohvette is a splendid one to beholdohohvette is a splendid one to beholdohohvette is a splendid one to beholdohohvette is a splendid one to beholdohohvette is a splendid one to beholdohohvette is a splendid one to behold

Name: David
ohohvette's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
I have an interview w/ Orange City Fire Department next Thursday for a Fire/Medic spot.

Best of luck!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
Quote:

Good luck. Can't beat civil service....working man's welfare.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #13
fsusteve is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
fsusteve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks man. I also have my fire standards, but it expires in May '12, so I cant get a Fire gig until it gets renewed. (some rule that says that its technically expired 6 mos. before the expiration date) But I am toying with the idea of just doing transport. I enjoyed it a lot when I was interning with EVAC ambulance here in Volusia county.

I'm only 21, so If I can get a gig w/ a transport company, renew my fire, volly somewhere, get experience as a Medic, then get a paid fire gig before I am 26 or so, I would be pretty happy.

we are in the process of going to ALS transport probably within the next 18 months, you may want to fill out an interest card and keep continuing with your CEU's and fire classes.....http://www.naplesgov.com/Departments...epartment.aspx
Old 01-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #14

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta rant really quick:

Its unbelievable how many Jobs I have applied online to in the past couple of weeks.

So far this week alone I have applied to about 20-25 jobs....all of them online with the companies because NO ONE does in person applications anymore

It pisses me off because you apply to these jobs, get a confirmation email, and never talk to a human fucking being.

If you call the place of business the say "we do all our hiring online, if you are selected you will be contacted..."

WTF? And all the jobs I apply for I am qualified for. I have 2 years experience in customer service/retail and thats what the jobs I am applying for are.

I need to start repaying student loans in less than a month and I am running out time!!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #15
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Before I left Tampa, I was unemployed/underemployed for 26 or 27 months.

All I can say is keep trying. I know nothing about your industry, but if your skilsett is not getting you hired, perhaps re-training is a venue worth considering. I was accepted @ UCF (again) to finish enough hours for another undergrad (would've been my third) in Marketing, when I was offered a job in Denver.

From Tampa to Denver, Denver to NOLA, NOLA to Tulsa in 15 months...

I guess what I'm trying to say is relocation or re-training should not be too far from your thoughts...

Good luck!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #16

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Before I left Tampa, I was unemployed/underemployed for 26 or 27 months.

All I can say is keep trying. I know nothing about your industry, but if your skilsett is not getting you hired, perhaps re-training is a venue worth considering. I was accepted @ UCF (again) to finish enough hours for another undergrad (would've been my third) in Marketing, when I was offered a job in Denver.

From Tampa to Denver, Denver to NOLA, NOLA to Tulsa in 15 months...

I guess what I'm trying to say is relocation or re-training should not be too far from your thoughts...

Good luck!
Well, right now I am just trying to get part time or full time temporary gigs till I can get what I really want.

I am looking for a "real" job as a Firefighter Paramedic, or just a Paramedic because I just finished my education for that.

These other jobs I am looking for are grocery store and retail jobs that shouldn't be this hard to get

I get more interviews for FF and Paramedic jobs than anything else.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Med-Cor...Kissimmee looking for a EMT-B

Orlando Sentinel ad...kind of a ride for you

Yes, this Old Yankee keeps tabs on Florida....Once you get "sand in your shoes" it stays..

Lake county was hiring but so many of the towns are now trying to "Make their own" departments...

Good luck.....
Old 01-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #18

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
Med-Cor...Kissimmee looking for a EMT-B

Orlando Sentinel ad...kind of a ride for you

Yes, this Old Yankee keeps tabs on Florida....Once you get "sand in your shoes" it stays..

Lake county was hiring but so many of the towns are now trying to "Make their own" departments...

Good luck.....
thanks applying now
Old 01-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #19

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Just got offered a customer service job in Lake Mary by a company called convergys.

Its full time, $10/hour with benefits. Decent pay, not what I want to do long term, but for now its a blessing

I start Feb 6th.

Now its time to fuck bitches...mod tacos
Old 01-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #20

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I just hope that having a full time gig doesn't interfere with interviewing/testing for Fire and paramedic jobs.