Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Help

Old 12-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
princess126 is on a distinguished road
Name: Patti
princess126's Tacoma Gallery
Help

Suddenly out of no where my passenger side access door will not open. When I go to open from inside with handle it just pushes in like a locked door would act.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like the cable may have broken, or the latch might be stuck. What part of florida? Orlando area? If so swing by the shop and i will look at it for you. Already have 1 member swinging by later today.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
child lock?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #7
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
child lock?
Some reason that didnt cross my mind, this is very possible, wouldnt be the first time i have seen this happen. Good call.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
child lock?
That was my first thought, but I'm not familiar with the access cabs. Didn't know if they had a child lock since you have to open the front door first anyway. Welcome from GA.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Same thing happened to me on my rear door after putting the stereo in, just randomly decided not to open. Ended up taking the panel off, and reseating the cable in the mechanism. This sounds like something Jason would be much better off doing, considering I think it was just dumb luck I got it to work. I don't know if something was preventing movement in the lock itself or what. I hate not knowing what I "did" to fix it...

just realized I typed all this and it is probably zero help for you, sorry. Best of luck, get in touch with Jason.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #11
princess126 is on a distinguished road
Name: Patti
princess126's Tacoma Gallery
it doesn't open from the outside. it is an access cab. there is only one way to open and that is from the inside handle
Old 12-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #12
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
something came loose inside the panel or broke i think
Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #13
neophyte
John BIG will become famous soon enoughJohn BIG will become famous soon enough
Name: mann
John BIG's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess126 View Post
it doesn't open from the outside. it is an access cab. there is only one way to open and that is from the inside handle