Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

FWC is on the ball

Old 12-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
FWC is on the ball

My fishing license expires in like 10 days and I was discussing with my friends today on our drive to fish the actual necessity of having a fishing license. We know its good form and all to have one, but we realized that down in our area its virtually against the odds to ever run into FWC while fishing...so I mildy considered not renewing my license (although at the end of the day good fishing form would have probably won out)...

Ironically enough after fishing for about an hour an FWC boat drove up to us and searched our coolers and checked our IDs.

It's official, the government has put microphones in our brains.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
see my thread about following dnr laws man. i learned the hard way so to speak.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
haha thats funny
Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swwacoma View Post
My fishing license expires in like 10 days and I was discussing with my friends today on our drive to fish the actual necessity of having a fishing license. We know its good form and all to have one, but we realized that down in our area its virtually against the odds to ever run into FWC while fishing...so I mildy considered not renewing my license (although at the end of the day good fishing form would have probably won out)...

Ironically enough after fishing for about an hour an FWC boat drove up to us and searched our coolers and checked our IDs.

It's official, the government has put microphones in our brains.
But doesn't the funds from the licenses support the dnr officers and conservation programs ?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Thats karma. They use the licence revenue(at least in Conn.) to raise trout, raise pheasants, keep up the boat ramps, etc. It's just a good idea to follow their rules.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
In Florida, possibly elsewhere, depending on the situation they can seize your gear,boat and the truck you hauled the boat with. I'll spend the cash, and I have been searched twice in one year at the boat ramp. And yes part of the money goes towards upkeep of ramps, research, and conservation so I can keep catching these.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
I have a lifetime GA hunting and fishing license
Old 12-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Yeah Man- Pay for the license..It's what 20 or 30 bucks for piece of mind. I've talked with some of those guys in the course of my work. On the water...They get TONS of enforcement options.

Monkey wasn't kidding when he said they'll seize your catch, boat, trailer, truck, gear, and arrest you. NOT worth it...even if you never ever got caught..It'll cost you less to have it...than NOT have it and get caught just once.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:33 AM   #9
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Man! What timing! Mine expired yesterday and I'm going out tomorrow.

The nice thing is that FL FWC lets you renew using their web page. You get a code number to use until the license actually comes in.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:05 AM   #10
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
All done. I now have the temprary authorization number for my combo freshwater/saltwater fishing license with a snook stamp. The actual license will come in the mail but I'm good to go now.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:51 AM   #11
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
here's how to get around the license....

go fishing without it, if law enforcement comes a knockin, explain to them that you were merely just taking your pet fish for their daily swim. explain that its for their health that they spend some time swimming in a fresh stream every day and that you have them trained to jump back into the bucket when you whistle. Tell the officer that you would gladly show him your routine (because at this point he won't believe it till he see's it) and go put the fish back in the water at the edge of the bank. As you begin to walk away the officer will most likely tell you to stop, make the fish jump back in the bucket, don't forget your pet fish... etc. something along those lines.

and all you have to do is reply "what fish?"
Old 12-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #12
NorCal Rock Whore
Killer Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Whatsurname
Killer Red Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Well out here In jacked up California and it's like $40 for the basic license and if you want to fish the bay or delta and it tributaries below the last dam you gotta buy a stamp I think it's like $15 and if you want to use 2 pole thats another stamp.

CA DFG is underfunded and understaffed alot of the license is suppose to go to DFG but it doesn't make it there.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #13
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
In Florida, possibly elsewhere, depending on the situation they can seize your gear,boat and the truck you hauled the boat with. I'll spend the cash, and I have been searched twice in one year at the boat ramp. And yes part of the money goes towards upkeep of ramps, research, and conservation so I can keep catching these.

Nice Red! +1
Old 12-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #14
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
Yeah, like I said...I would have renewed regardless come the end of the day...it was just funny that they showed up the day we were talking about it.