Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

4Runner ARB install

Old 04-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #21
Up is difficult. Down is dangerous.
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Guy
GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Well, it's been awhile since I updated this thread. So, I shipped the 3rd back to Trail-Gear and UPS promptly lost it! I was starting to wonder why I hadn't heard back from TG and that's when I figured out UPS lost it. Got TG on the phone and
their salesman Chris helped with UPS and after another 5 days lost they found my 3rd. The 3rd made its way back to Cali, it arrived today. TG immediately had their tech tear it down. They determined it was a defective carrier bearing. The faulty parts were replaced and Chris had the 3rd back on the UPS truck same day, he shipped it 3 day select too. I thought that was a nice touch.

I was pleasantly surprised on how Trail-Gear handled that return process. Hopefully all goes well when I plug it back in next week.

Guy,
Old 04-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHuey View Post
Well, it's been awhile since I updated this thread. So, I shipped the 3rd back to Trail-Gear and UPS promptly lost it! I was starting to wonder why I hadn't heard back from TG and that's when I figured out UPS lost it. Got TG on the phone and
their salesman Chris helped with UPS and after another 5 days lost they found my 3rd. The 3rd made its way back to Cali, it arrived today. TG immediately had their tech tear it down. They determined it was a defective carrier bearing. The faulty parts were replaced and Chris had the 3rd back on the UPS truck same day, he shipped it 3 day select too. I thought that was a nice touch.

I was pleasantly surprised on how Trail-Gear handled that return process. Hopefully all goes well when I plug it back in next week.

Guy,
How customer service should be
Old 04-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #23
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
Exactly. and i still say that gear pattern didn't look as good as i would want it. But good deal.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #24
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Got the runner back together today.

The only thing left is to wire the switch for the locker.

Guy,
Old 04-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #25
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
the wiring is really easy lol
Old 04-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #26

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon4x4 View Post
the wiring is really easy lol
No kidding and it's literally just the switch. I just need to decide where I want it.

Guy
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #27

Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
headliner like a jetfighter haha
Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #28
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Good job man
Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #29

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Finally, the ARB works!

Now I need to test this thing out. Going to head up to Citrus with a small group on the 19th, should be able to put it to work.

There's a clay pit with a pretty good climb that no one made it up last time we went there. Ryan gave it hell last time and I could only make it down it. That's the challenge for the 19th.

Guy,
Old 04-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #30

Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
next weekend is camping. bring it out here ahah
Old 04-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #31

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Jon, thanks for the invite but I can't make it that weekend.

I wired the ARB switch yesterday.