Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Okay, I took the new Tacoma out for a Test Wheeling at RRR.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
PaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud of

PaulPhotographer's Tacoma Gallery
Wink Okay, I took the new Tacoma out for a Test Wheeling at RRR.

I happened to be very near RRR today, so I could not resist and decided to take a quick run through the place. I did almost ALL of the standard wheeling spots, that I used to do with my FJC.

And Maria shot video of most of it. But I restricted this video to only two NEW hills. And both of them are pretty fun! One of them is very steep! Yeee Hawww!!!

I am pretty impressed by the New Tacoma. Even with the "street tires"!

Take a look at the video and let me know what you think. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoxb0aGh7Mg
Old 03-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Fun! Looked like some good rubbing of the front passenger tire at flex - what wheel/tire combo?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:33 AM   #5
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
That reminds me. I need to get a tripod mount for my GoPro.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
fj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of light
Army: 63T H8 Mechanic
Name: Howard
fj6high's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Paul, now I know were you been hangin out! What was that I remember you saying...something about retiring from 4wheeling!

I knew it was a matter of time... Bwa Ha Ha...Now you better not push your luck in that sawheet Taco...better take your FJ when you get the Itch... I can't bear to see a scratch or dent before the first year .
Old 03-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Okay...I have searched...came up with nothing...

What and where is RRR? Looks like fun...
Old 04-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
PaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud of

PaulPhotographer's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Great videos. Always nice when someone takes the time to take them. Honestly I had no idea there were 2 hills in Florida...I mean I knew about the one but two?!!!?!?!?!. JK Keep the videos comming.
Oh there are a few GREAT places left! But they are getting closed down fast, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Fun! Looked like some good rubbing of the front passenger tire at flex - what wheel/tire combo?
Wheels and tires came with the NEW purchase. And between the time I got an "out-the-door price" and when I arrived, they had these wheels and tires one it and the price skyrocketed!!!! Needless to say we were super angry with the "bait and switch" tactic. And the dealership was pretty hard nosed until I started talking about the obvious "bait and switch"! In the end we did pay more than we were told but I do think we got a pretty decent deal on it. But I am sure they made a few extra bucks also.... aaarrgghhh...

Plus this wheel tire combo is NOT for off roading! They are "MKW Off Road" wheels at 20 inches tall and I believe 11 inches wide! The tires are "street" tires and are only 32 inches tall. Funny thing is they are the same height as the tires on my FJ Cruiser which are on 17 stock wheels.

Yes, it seems it rubbed some there. That is probably why they never did put the front mud flaps back on the Taco. Which I did not notice where not there until the next day after I got it home. But it does not seem to rub too bad.

I kind of like them now. lol (But NOT for wheeling!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Nice video!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Very cool!
Thanks! it was just a quick shoot and edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
That reminds me. I need to get a tripod mount for my GoPro.
Personally, I do not care for the GoPro setup. The GoPro camera is just too limited in it's zoom capabilities. I did just purchase a watertight case for this small Canon camera and a Vacuum Cup attachment setup to attach it anywhere on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj6high View Post
Hey Paul, now I know were you been hangin out! What was that I remember you saying...something about retiring from 4wheeling!

I knew it was a matter of time... Bwa Ha Ha...Now you better not push your luck in that sawheet Taco...better take your FJ when you get the Itch... I can't bear to see a scratch or dent before the first year .
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.... lol It is NOT going to be wheeling like the FJC did. But I had to see what it was capable of in comparison of the FJC. So I know what I can do and go with it. That is, without calling someone on our "Emergency! Help, I'm Stuck" phone tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Okay...I have searched...came up with nothing...

What and where is RRR? Looks like fun...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
^^^X2, where is this "RRR" place???

Awesome video BTW.
Thanks for the video compliment!

Uh oh! Here it comes again.....

RRR is a "Secret Spot" near Tampa. Sorry but I don't just give out these locations. I will happily take you there sometime, as long as you agree to keep it secret also. Too many of these "Secret Spots" are getting closed down because of open forums and YouTube and such.

Here is my "Official Statement on Secret Spots"!

http://www.fjcruisersflorida.com/for...0.html#msg4620

I hope you understand. As I said I would be glad to take anyone there.

-----

PaulThePhotographer
WonderfulPhotography
Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPhotographer View Post

Uh oh! Here it comes again.....

RRR is a "Secret Spot" near Tampa. Sorry but I don't just give out these locations. I will happily take you there sometime, as long as you agree to keep it secret also. Too many of these "Secret Spots" are getting closed down because of open forums and YouTube and such.

Here is my "Official Statement on Secret Spots"!

http://www.fjcruisersflorida.com/for...0.html#msg4620

I hope you understand. As I said I would be glad to take anyone there.

-----

PaulThePhotographer
WonderfulPhotography
I respect that, and completely agree. Places like this are becoming hard to find. Secret places should remain secret. I thought that this was an actual place, otherwise I would have pm'ed you