Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Hardrock - Ocala

Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #141
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Thomas
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrussell View Post
Sounds good to me ill be able to make it on the tenth for sure even though my trucks a stock prerunner its done good in the rock query over here in belleview
Add your name to the list in this thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...y-brother.html
Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #145
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

Navy: Naval Flight Officer
Name: Chris
kriskross's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TRD View Post
My rear flares got a workout .. Broke a cple clips , they are coming off asap and looking to sell them , to fund aftermarket flares ... Suggestions ?
You can do what I did, check out here. Removing the stock flares gives a little extra room. Got my flare material online in a 25 foot bulk order and just cut it to size.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #146
Shits & Giggles
kriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud ofkriskross has much to be proud of

I wish this place wasn't 5 hours from Pensacola... I really want a place I can make a day trip to.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #147
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskross View Post
You can do what I did, check out here. Removing the stock flares gives a little extra room. Got my flare material online in a 25 foot bulk order and just cut it to size.
I will look into that . Thanks
Quote:
I wish this place wasn't 5 hours from Pensacola... I really want a place I can make a day trip to.
It's well worth the trip.. They have camping at hardrock also..
We have a couple other secret spots near hardrock that is probly more like what your used to being from Oregon ...
Keep an eye on this thread for future meets
Old 07-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #148
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keep an eye on this thread for future meets
So we're using this thread for future Ocala meet notices? K.

(edit: Hopefully, by the time I've got everything squared away and ready for another adventure things will cool down a bit. The heat was really kicking my tail last time. Be nice to give any new paint a month or two to cure before I start dragging bushes across it and staining it with mud as well. )
Old 07-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #149
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
So we're using this thread for future Ocala meet notices? K.

(edit: Hopefully, by the time I've got everything squared away and ready for another adventure things will cool down a bit. The heat was really kicking my tail last time. Be nice to give any new paint a month or two to cure before I start dragging bushes across it and staining it with mud as well. )
I agree to give paint time
Old 07-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #151
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Planning a meet for a Saturday in August ..
Any interest ? And what date is best for you ?
For me, even if I don't do anything about the paint, August isn't looking good. Gonna have too much work to do and the sliders have about a 3 week availability before they ship, let alone getting all the variables in place so they can be welded on. I definitely want to do something once that's done, hopefully in September or October at the latest (if I'm waiting on paint to cure). I'm kinda hoping for a nice cold winter this year since we were cheated last winter.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #152
Shits & Giggles

Anyone been to Silver Lake Rec Area or Tate's Hell? Both are in Apalachicola Nat'l Forest and are listed on the Nat'l Forest website for OHV use. They are closer than Ocala but if they don't have anything worth seeing than I might end up just going on weekend trips to Ocala.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #153
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Planning a meet for a Saturday in August ..
Any interest ? And what date is best for you ?
I might be down, but I'm pretty sure I have a trip planned for a weekend that month so I dont know. You'd better recruit someone with a winch though, just to be safe.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #155
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
For me, even if I don't do anything about the paint, August isn't looking good. Gonna have too much work to do and the sliders have about a 3 week availability before they ship, let alone getting all the variables in place so they can be welded on. I definitely want to do something once that's done, hopefully in September or October at the latest (if I'm waiting on paint to cure). I'm kinda hoping for a nice cold winter this year since we were cheated last winter.
No worries , there will be more trips , I go once a month
Quote:
Anyone been to Silver Lake Rec Area or Tate's Hell? Both are in Apalachicola Nat'l Forest and are listed on the Nat'l Forest website for OHV use. They are closer than Ocala but if they don't have anything worth seeing than I might end up just going on weekend trips to Ocala.
Never been, but my guess given location, is sand , mud , scrub oaks, and palmettos. Like most of Florida panhandle
Old 07-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #156
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMBne...e_gdata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUr8a...e_gdata_player

These should give you an idea of what to expect
Old 07-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #157
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
michaelrussell's Tacoma Gallery
I might be down for a day on the trails I've got some stuff in the works so ill see how things turn out before I say yes
Old 07-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #158
Tacomanole is a jewel in the roughTacomanole is a jewel in the roughTacomanole is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
Tacomanole's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I live near Silver Lake Rec Area and the ANF. They have decent trails, but as someone pointed out it's mostly sandy loam soils and such. Khaos and I ride out there fairly frequently. We are planning a little ride this coming Sunday if you are interested. The videos above show the dirt bike and ATV trails. Those aren't available to jeeps/trucks. However there are plenty of trails open to both. I take my Polaris RZR out there often. Hit us up if you're interested.

Ocala National Forest and Hard Rock are nice, but you have to make a weekend trip out of it.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #159
Shits & Giggles

I won't be in FL until October but I will definitely hit you guys up for some wheeling. I went on the Alabama thread and there is another place halfway between Andalusia and Brewton, just under two hours north of Pensacola, that might be worth checking out as well. This is their website http://www.boggsandboulders.com/home.html

On another note, is the salt real bad down there? I'm wondering if there is anything I should do to prepare for FL conditions before I get there. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #160
Tacomanole is a jewel in the roughTacomanole is a jewel in the roughTacomanole is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
Tacomanole's Tacoma Gallery
I've lived in FL for 18 years and haven't had any problems with salt on any of my vehicles. Mostly problems with just sand getting in things. Sand will eat stuff up quicker. For instance, I've had my brakes replaced 4 times with only 36,000 miles on it. Sand gets in the brakes and eats up the pads. Just got to remember to clean it out better after wheeling.