MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I live across from the dump on eureka dr
Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #22
theUtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
theUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
137th and saw 8th can get pretty intense if you go back about a 1/4 mile but everything else looks pretty 2wd friendly, just don't go after rain or else you can get screwed
Old 01-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Forum,

In these vids you can have an idea of how the sw 8 st/137 ave location & the nw 41 st/147 ave location look like in the summer.

Keep in mind two things:

1) As theUtaco posted, if you go deeper into these areas then it gets intense.

2) This past summer was the 2nd wettest on record so it was extra wet. These vids are not deep into the 8 st location.

I may go back to the 8 st location in February or March (those are typically the driest months in Miami) because I want to explore further in there and reduce the risk of getting stuck.

The 5th video is some fellow TW members who invited me up there. It was fun but almost 2 hours to get there & unfortunately it's hunting season (as you will hear the gunshots in the vid) & alot of the trails were closed off to us.

I am trying to decide if I am going to replace my diff with an LSD one, or swap the complete rear for an E-locker one. Either way, I just do mild off-roading. I hate cleaning off all the mud after but I enjoy getting it dirty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weOiRc3w6W8
This was my 1st time off roading with my 2WD 4.0 Tacoma so I was very cautious. I did end up going through the trail that I mentioned in the video as "too risky" after I recorded this. It wasn't that bad. My truck did just fine for what it is & for my amateur skills. LOL!
The point here is that my 2 boys & I had a blast! My wife had fun too except for the fact that she gets car sick. This isn't just a smooth, muddy surface. In most areas it has small boulders & rutts underneath the mud so you literally drive 5 mph & you are bouncing in the truck. The sidewalls of my tires have scuff marks due to these rocks that are under the mud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDN52zLY80w
Here I am leaving the wooded area. When I drive out I fishtailed to the right then to the left (on purpose) & my wife thought that I was going to hit the rocks! LOL! We had fun! Once we drove home & my wife was feeling less nauseous she said it was fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62TXOmRZe4
Here I am with my youngest son & my wife. I folowed the trucks since I am not too familiar with the area. If they weren't there I would have walked it. I won't take a chance & one of the guys out there told me that there is a lake to the left of this so you have to be careful. There is mud in the other surrounding areas but I had fun with this & cleaning mud off of a truck is a P.I.T.A.! As it is it took a while to get it cleaned the next day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvBAK71A6NY
This is just showing the entrance to the flooded area that I drove through in the previous video.

http://s1056.photobucket.com/albums/...=12-09-129.mp4
JW Corbett on December 9, 2012
Old 01-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure it's too far for most but ya'll should convoy up to Citrus for the meet in the next couple weeks.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #25
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Fink! HAPPY NEW YEAR BUD!

I have seen pics of Citrus & it looks way different than anything down here! Plus, it's a much larger gathering. I actually like the landscape of North Florida, Georgia, North & South Carolina, & Tennessee when I've visited those places. Florida looks different to me once you pass the center of the state.

I don't see myself driving up there from Miami just to go off-roading but one thing I didn't realize before is that Citrus is about 60 miles northeast of Tarpon Springs. My father lives in Tarpon Springs. I can plan my vacation to go see him & dedicate a day or 2 in Citrus! PERFECT! It didn't occur to me before, otherwise I would be going this year. I get 4 weeks of vacation a year but I already have my 1st one planned for March of this year.

Is this Citrus meet every January? If so, I will DEFINITELY plan this for next year!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #26
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Happy new year

I'm pretty sure this is the 2nd or 3rd January we've gone. Lovely weather.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #27
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in miami FIU area.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #28

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello forum,

I posted this on the Sunday March 23 meet:
I was reading a few Youtube comments and some people say that you can't go too far in because the mud is so thick that you literally need a huge 4X4 to go in there, and they have gotten stuck. I think that the best thing would be for me to go to the 8 st location before the 23rd and drive in there and record the area so you can view it.

I decided to go on Sunday, March 3. My friend Manny will be off that day so he can accompany me in his 4X4 F-150. It would be AWESOME if I can get at least 1 or 2 Miami members out there with me. Either way, thats my plan. If it turns out that it's not worth the trip then I will cancel the meet for the 23rd and I'll take AWorthyOpponents advice and we'll plan something in Orlando later on. BTW, I can relate to what you said. It is a long drive for what may potentially be a small amount of trails. However, as far as legal issues? I don't see that happening. Well, I'm going to post this in the Miami Members section also to try to gather some members for the Sunday, March 3 "mini" meet!