Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Short notice Orlando Meet 08/11/12

Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #21
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Family in town that weekend. Damnit.

Fink
Old 07-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #22
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Family in town that weekend. Damnit.

Fink
Excuses, Excuses!!!! First you get rid of your truck, then you are too good to have lunch with us, now you cant bring yourself to be around us for dinner? I am not happy with who you have become..... Europe changed you my friend!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #23
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Excuses, Excuses!!!! First you get rid of your truck, then you are too good to have lunch with us, now you cant bring yourself to be around us for dinner? I am not happy with who you have become..... Europe changed you my friend!
It most certainly did. The Romanian girls there are like no other.

Fink
Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #25
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWillDaBeast View Post
I may do one of my signature random appearances
If you do, I will. I'm trying to convince myself to drive the 9mpg mess to Orlando 2 weekend in a row.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #26
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmadcowx View Post
If you do, I will. I'm trying to convince myself to drive the 9mpg mess to Orlando 2 weekend in a row.
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I havent seen this beast since all the changes.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #27
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
holy shit, since when did you start getting 9 mpg?!?! you must drive like Ricky Bobby.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #28
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Since your death of a Jurassic Park roof rack hit the highway! I get 16 in the city..and just around 10-12 on the highway. I put the magnaflow off-road exhaust on a few weeks ago and well...you could say I'm a little heavy footed now and then because of it. I think I want to put another muffler on it, it is loud as shit.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #29
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Since your death of a Jurassic Park roof rack hit the highway! I get 16 in the city..and just around 10-12 on the highway. I put the magnaflow off-road exhaust on a few weeks ago and well...you could say I'm a little heavy footed now and then because of it. I think I want to put another muffler on it, it is loud as shit.
you do have to adjust your driving style and crusing speeds a litle with a roof rack. i used to get 12 on the highway, but now i average about 16 for pure highway. even got 19 on one tank this summer i don't even think i did that well stock. 5 mph here or there, depending one the gear, makes a surprising difference.

city, on the other hand, destroys me. that's a product of a heavy truck though, not the rack.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #30
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
when is the other time youre coming to orlando?
Old 08-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #31

Quote:
Sounds to me like you want to trade me for my flowmaster 40 series.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #32

Quote:
is that on your truck now? i honestly can't remember what your truck sounds like and i'm usually pretty good with that kind of thing
Old 08-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
is that on your truck now? i honestly can't remember what your truck sounds like and i'm usually pretty good with that kind of thing
Yup. Just the muffler welded in placed of the factory muffler.I love the sound, not super loud and really nice in the cab. Everyone tends to like my exhaust, @ citrus the guys near me complemented on it.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #34

nice, i have the same muffler, it's just a little different in the y-pipe and outlet areas.

they are good sounding mufflers
Old 08-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #35
75PSI or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
when is the other time youre coming to orlando?
Lindsay and I are spending the weekend of the 18th at our favorite hotel there..Hilton something. We always stay there when we go to a park or something, but have yet to actually enjoy the hotel, so we are killing a weekend just hanging out there. The only thing planned is Blue Man Group.

Quote:
I like the form and function of the magnaflow, that's why I bought it, but hell is it loud and annoying. Can I bring my truck to a muffler shop and say "shut this thing up"? I don't know if that is a common request, or can even be done without adding length to the exhaust. I like where it sits now...just not the racket.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #36
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I cant officially say I am going, because that would ruin the "oh hey Will, where the hell did you come from? I had no idea you were coming" moment
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #37
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lindsay and I are spending the weekend of the 18th at our favorite hotel there..Hilton something. We always stay there when we go to a park or something, but have yet to actually enjoy the hotel, so we are killing a weekend just hanging out there. The only thing planned is Blue Man Group.

I like the form and function of the magnaflow, that's why I bought it, but hell is it loud and annoying. Can I bring my truck to a muffler shop and say "shut this thing up"? I don't know if that is a common request, or can even be done without adding length to the exhaust. I like where it sits now...just not the racket.
I forget what day I'm coming back from nc, if I'm back I'll hit you up.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #38

Quote:
the two things they may do is add a resonator (if there's room), or cut out the current muffler, and weld in a new one of your choice. as long as they could find the proper size resonator, either option could be done without extending the length.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #39
75PSI or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
I forget what day I'm coming back from nc, if I'm back I'll hit you up.
You better! Get your ass over to Sanford, that's quite a hike for me. I might be a little groggy FYI. Need to go into work from 11pm-3am Friday night, but I'm committed to make it.

on a related note, who is doing what during the day? I'm going to visit a buddy around 1ish, but that's still some serious time to kill before 7.