1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official Fl. Tacomas back to nature bash weekend

Discussion in 'Florida' started by k9cop, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Aug 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    this is putting a damper on things.

2. Aug 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    k9cop

k9cop [OP] if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    I'll put a call into my buddy who is a Lt. with FWC and see if there is anyway around it.

3. Aug 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    Maverick904

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    you have a Lt. buddy in the FWC...good to know.

4. Aug 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    I thought the areas that we ride in wre authorized areas tho

5. Aug 14, 2012 at 4:58 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    Along with the camp sites, didnt someone last time have to get a permit or something for "group riding" in a wildlife reserve? I could swear i read it on the website that a group of trucks "off roading" is permitted, with a permit.

6. Aug 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    GuyHuey

GuyHuey Up is difficult. Down is dangerous.

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
    89 4Runner, 2020 MGM TRDOR 4X4
    Ball joint spacers and lift blocks, am I doing it right?
    90 percent of the fun area's in Citrus are posted as off-limits to motor vehicles, they have little black and white signs showing you that you shouldn't be there. I've lucked out the 5 or 6 times I've been out there, haven't even seen a ranger.

Guy,

7. Aug 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    j, I am somewhat sure last time we stayed on the "authorized trails" not sure though. hopefully someone can look into the permit thing. May have to make a call up there.

8. Aug 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    Maverick904

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
  9. Aug 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    It's cool seeing that, last time i saw it i had no idea of the lay out of citrus, now i know exactly where that is.

10. Aug 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    GuyHuey

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
  11. Aug 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    GuyHuey

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
    I posted the following on a Citrus County Jeep forum. I've met several of their members out at the forest and maybe they can offer some insight?

"Greetings Citrus County Jeepers!

My name is Guy Huey and I'm an avid off-roader. Even though I was born in Florida I grew up out in the country in Michigan. I have always had a great respect for all things out doors. I'm a family man and enjoy taking my 1st generation 4runner and my kids out to the forest. I've always been respectful of the forest and made sure to not leave anything behind, heck even picked up extra trash when I've seen it.

I have heard reports lately of the rangers cracking down on off-roaders going into the area's that are posted, even issuing tickets. Everyone that's been out there knows the best spots are technically off limits. Has there really been a crack down or is this the game you have to play to use the forest?

Any feedback that can be offered is certainly appreciated.

Admins, if you feel this post is out of line please accept my apologies and delete.

Best regards,

Guy Huey"

Link: http://www.citrusjeepers.com/Forum/index.php?topic=606.0

12. Aug 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM
    EdwardHBLW

EdwardHBLW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando, Fl
    Vehicle:
    12 PreRunner SR5 Access Cab
    Was really hoping to go after talking to K9 about it at a recent meet up, but turns out I'll be in Boston that weekend for work.

13. Aug 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    2010TRD

2010TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM trd offroad DCSB
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
  14. Aug 15, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    Toyota Tech31

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    This was posted by the member formerly known as Jesse:

"If anyone wants to post this on TW, I haven't heard of any crackdowns on offroading in Citrus. People from school and some buddies of mine go out there all the time. I haven't heard of anyone getting tickets lately unless I'm not in the loop anymore. Of all the times I have been out there I have ran into maybe 1 or 2 ranger vehicles but never have I been stopped and ticketed. The only places I've been warned about are the ponds and riding on horse trails. People have told me that if the rangers catch you playin in posted ponds/areas then yeah you might get ticketed. Also, no cutting down trees b/c thats a big fine in itself. Just FYI "

He lives just down the street from the reserve, he might know whats up. Maybe.:rolleyes:

15. Aug 15, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    yeah, as long as you abide by the signs, you're good. Jims buddy probably go a ticket because he went a little off trail when he was turning around. might be harsh if you get ticketed for a single tire off trail, but rules are rules :/

I've never had an issue at citrus, even when we were in areas i know we weren't supposed to be it. i think most tickets are a result of bad luck or disregard for posted signs.

16. Aug 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    ^settled then.

17. Aug 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM
    Nd4Spd86

Nd4Spd86 Turdarado extractor

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Crystal River, FL
    Vehicle:
    '10 trd off-road 4x4
    some crappy dealer installed lift , 285's, trail pin striping, and a grill full of lights.
    This sounds right to me. I live about a half hour from there and have spent quite a bit of time in those woods. If you stay on the marked trails and don't do stupid stuff you will be fine, but if you want to go to the more challenging areas you have to drive a little off the main trail and risk getting a ticket. I personally have never got one and I spend a decent amount of time out there. As they say, "you have to pay to play," I suppose. Also, after reading this thread I did a little research and supposedly the tickets can range from $55-$300 depending on the mood of the officer.

18. Aug 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    No stink in here brother, thats good information. Good to know before we go. Also a good reminder to be kind to mother nature. the only problems I have with Hard rock are i'm 2wd:mad:.

19. Aug 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    we do or part for mama nature

[​IMG]