Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Jacksonville area Tacos..

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #3841
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsez2000 View Post
Where is this behind the town center? I have been trying to find somewhere to get my truck dirty at....can my 2wd ted sport make it without getting stuck?
Take the road right next to publix and take it back behind the houses and it comes to a culdesac and u will see the trail. Ya 2wd is fine. U less someone went back there and tore it up
Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #3842
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Take the road right next to publix and take it back behind the houses and it comes to a culdesac and u will see the trail. Ya 2wd is fine. U less someone went back there and tore it up
ohhh I know..I have been in that culdesac before "hanging out" with my girl...I thought that trail was fenced off when we were there...that was at least 6-9 months ago or longer
Old 03-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #3844
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
If anyone else knows of any trails in Jacksonville let me know. I am always looking when I drive around.
Jennings state forest is close by and it's got a lot of trails.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #3846

Navy:
Quote:
True. I will have to check it out...just got done playing in the mud behind the Towncenter. There was several vehicles back there.
I have been back there a few times and never seen anyone. i never went on the weekends or anything so im sure people go out and party there on the weekends.

If you wanna drive alittle check out Matanzas state forest. You have to call and get a permit to go there, which is just asking the person on the phone to drive there and they give you the gate code and you let yourself in and lock the gate behind you. So theres usually no one in there and its some fun little trails nothing crazy. I have see lots of hogs back there.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #3847
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
I have been back there a few times and never seen anyone. i never went on the weekends or anything so im sure people go out and party there on the weekends.

If you wanna drive alittle check out Matanzas state forest. You have to call and get a permit to go there, which is just asking the person on the phone to drive there and they give you the gate code and you let yourself in and lock the gate behind you. So theres usually no one in there and its some fun little trails nothing crazy. I have see lots of hogs back there.
Interesting...I might check that out...I was a little hesitant at first with the 2wd but it seemed to do alright. I just didn't know how good it would do offroad since 1 hour after I bought the truck last June I was stuck offroading in North Jax for like 3hrs until my finace's dad could come pull me out lol...all during that time I kept thinking, "should have got the 4x4" lol
Old 03-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #3848
NavyGuyAN is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Structual Mechanic
NavyGuyAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmasonb34 View Post
Ok guys so been looking around trying to find a decent tire for a decent price and still upgrade to a bigger tire and not have any rubbing issues.

Well I took my first step to figuring out what i want.

First off i decided to stick with the stock rims. Its a money issue so for now unless i just run across a deal i cant refuse im going to stick with the stock steelies.

Was walking sround the beach blvd flea market and they got this tire store there selling new and used tires. (Great price and sevice) I was shocked.

So to start out i bought a set of tires and put them on the back they are Goodyear Wrangler Radials. I went with 235/75/15 there 2 inches taller than stock. Old tires were 26 inches new ones are 28's. And of course I want bigger. So im going to put these on the fronts drive around for a while and make sure I dont have any rubbing issues. If so (and I dont suspect to have any issues) Im going to keep them up front and see how big of a tire i can wedge on the back with no issues.

Does anyone know if a 31/10.50/15 will fit the rear. Also is that 2 wide of a tire for our stock steelies.

Ok i was able to upload some pics. heres whats going on so far. Pic one is stock tires that came on the truck when i bought it. Pic to is old fronts new backs. Pic 3 new tire on rear. I want to move it to the front check for rubbing issues. Then see what i can shoe horn under that rear fender with no issues.
I actually just went through this. I just bought 4 Blistein 5100's all around set at 2.0 in the back and 2.75 in the front. The fronts are adjustable. I was told by Extreme Truck Stuff on St. Johns Bluff, I could clear 285/70/17 on the stock rims. I tried putting on some Goodyear Duratracs and they ended up rubbing pretty bad on the "stock UCA's" so I down graded to 265/70/17 BFG all-terrains. And there is no rubbing at all even at full lock. I ended up putting 55,000 miles on the stock tires. Next I think I gonna get some Total Chaos UCAs. The truck rides a lot stiffer but I don't really notice it and it feels 4" higher
Old 03-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #3849
Quote:
If anyone else knows of any trails in Jacksonville let me know. I am always looking when I drive around.
If you have "base access" and can get on Camp Blanding. There is TONs of trails on the south side of the camp towards Keystone. I remember driving back there last year and had to pull over for a national guard training convoy of Humvees to pass. They all looked at me funny. Lol I was running stock tires and ended up turing around out by "Lowe Lake" on some humvee trail as the ruts were too deep and it was mostly sand. It was kinda hard navigating with GPS as there is limited to no cell reception.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #3850
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGuyAN View Post
I actually just went through this. I just bought 4 Blistein 5100's all around set at 2.0 in the back and 2.75 in the front. The fronts are adjustable. I was told by Extreme Truck Stuff on St. Johns Bluff, I could clear 285/70/17 on the stock rims. I tried putting on some Goodyear Duratracs and they ended up rubbing pretty bad on the "stock UCA's" so I down graded to 265/70/17 BFG all-terrains. And there is no rubbing at all even at full lock. I ended up putting 55,000 miles on the stock tires. Next I think I gonna get some Total Chaos UCAs. The truck rides a lot stiffer but I don't really notice it and it feels 4" higher
?

No such thing as setting rear 5100s at 2", they are not adjustable,, there is no way to get lift from rear shocks. And I believe the front only goes to 2.5".
Old 03-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #3851
Simon SEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGuyAN View Post
If you have "base access" and can get on Camp Blanding. There is TONs of trails on the south side of the camp towards Keystone. I remember driving back there last year and had to pull over for a national guard training convoy of Humvees to pass. They all looked at me funny. Lol I was running stock tires and ended up turing around out by "Lowe Lake" on some humvee trail as the ruts were too deep and it was mostly sand. It was kinda hard navigating with GPS as there is limited to no cell reception.
yeah I don't have base access so that wouldn't work for me
Old 03-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #3852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
?

No such thing as setting rear 5100s at 2", they are not adjustable,, there is no way to get lift from rear shocks. And I believe the front only goes to 2.5".
The front are max'd out at 2.75 (adjustable) and the rear (non adjustable) comes in either 1.0 and 2.0. They were both the same price so I went with the 2.0's. Don't get me wrong the ride is almost too stiff. There is 2" blocks on the rear. About to swap those out for a AAL
Old 03-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #3853
rjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Airframer
Name: Rob
rjsimz's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be driving by Jacksonville if anyone is interested in buying my JLtw5 sub wrapped in a mr Marv box. Fit perfectly in the back of our seats. Let me know
Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #3854
Shabutie is on a distinguished road

Name: Zach
Shabutie's Tacoma Gallery
Does the North florida tacos every have a meet somewhere?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #3855
dc22ap1 is on a distinguished road
Name: joshua
dc22ap1's Tacoma Gallery
Every couple months we meet up for lunch.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #3856
Just seen someone with a BADASS looking taco in the Avenues Mall parking garage. Silver double cab, Black XD wheels with Nitro grapplers, atleast a 6inch lift with HIDs and front light bar, black brush guards! Don't kno the year though. Looked pre 2012.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #3857
navy1970 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Costal Warfare
navy1970's Tacoma Gallery
Good day of fishing Friday on the river. I went down to the end of Baymeadows near Hooters and put in the kayak. Caught some nice trout and the weather couldn't have been better.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #3858
navy1970 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Costal Warfare
navy1970's Tacoma Gallery
Might go some place Sunday. Thinking it might not be all to busy on the water.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #3859
Shabutie is on a distinguished road

Name: Zach
Shabutie's Tacoma Gallery
We are going to the beach at 330ish today
Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #3860
hmasonb34 is on a distinguished road
Name: Heath
hmasonb34's Tacoma Gallery
New Tirres

finally got The rest of my tires. Here some pics. Have yall ever herd of milestar tires. Backs are 31/1050/15's.
The front are goodyear 235/75/15's.

Let me know what you guys think...
Attached Thumbnails
Jacksonville area Tacos..-06-after-new-shoes-bath.jpg   Jacksonville area Tacos..-06-driver-rear-view-new-tires.jpg   Jacksonville area Tacos..-06-driver-side-after-new-bath-shoes.jpg   Jacksonville area Tacos..-06-passenger-side-new-shoes-bath.jpg   Jacksonville area Tacos..-milestarpatagonia-31105015.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread