Jacksonville area Tacos..

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #3941
navy1970 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Costal Warfare
navy1970's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomawv View Post
Taco owners of Jacksonville I need your help with a little local knowledge. First I want to drive on a beach. Any in the area? Second is bass fishing. I am in the area and have my 12 foot canoe. Were should I go? Any help would be great.
You also have Amelia Island state Park and farther south Matanzas inlet. Some cost some don't. I have a disabled veteran state park pass so I don't have to pay at state parks. Huguenot Memorial Park is a county park only get like 10% discount. Would be cool to have a GTG and camp out there. I have thought about camping out and taking my kayak there numerous times. Huguenot Memorial Park does seem to have nice camp sights and facilities. Heck I might shoot for Veterans Day weekend if the weather is good and there is not to many people there.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #3942
hmasonb34 is on a distinguished road
Name: Heath
hmasonb34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by navy1970 View Post
You also have Amelia Island state Park and farther south Matanzas inlet. Some cost some don't. I have a disabled veteran state park pass so I don't have to pay at state parks. Huguenot Memorial Park is a county park only get like 10% discount. Would be cool to have a GTG and camp out there. I have thought about camping out and taking my kayak there numerous times. Huguenot Memorial Park does seem to have nice camp sights and facilities. Heck I might shoot for Veterans Day weekend if the weather is good and there is not to many people there.
Yes I agree HUGUENOT Park is the bomb love that place. Live near there just to be close to such a great place. its a buck a head to get out on the beach we take a grill and a canopy cant drink alcohol there JUST DONT GET CAUGHT we do it all the time just poor it in a cup and don't act like a dumb ass the they don't mess with you to much. Good time great place. has a bunch of camp sites pretty cheap to. Just keep in mind if its a Holiday when you wanna go please remember to reserve ahead of time or they may be all rented up. Some time it get packed.

We don't go unless the grill and corn hole boards go and make a day of it. We go early park opens at 800 am you can buy early bird passes for 10 bucks for a book of 10. It allows you to enter at 600 am in case you wanna get out early and fish before the beach crowed shows up. Early Bird pass have to be bought ahead of time. its one pass per person. theres a person at the gate that will take your pass and open the gate and let you in. They just don't take cash till 800 am so with out buying the passes ahead of time you have to wait till 800. Love the place one of the best places to still go and have a good time for cheap.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #3943
navy1970 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Costal Warfare
navy1970's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmasonb34 View Post
Yes I agree HUGUENOT Park is the bomb love that place. Live near there just to be close to such a great place. its a buck a head to get out on the beach we take a grill and a canopy cant drink alcohol there JUST DONT GET CAUGHT we do it all the time just poor it in a cup and don't act like a dumb ass the they don't mess with you to much. Good time great place. has a bunch of camp sites pretty cheap to. Just keep in mind if its a Holiday when you wanna go please remember to reserve ahead of time or they may be all rented up. Some time it get packed.

We don't go unless the grill and corn hole boards go and make a day of it. We go early park opens at 800 am you can buy early bird passes for 10 bucks for a book of 10. It allows you to enter at 600 am in case you wanna get out early and fish before the beach crowed shows up. Early Bird pass have to be bought ahead of time. its one pass per person. theres a person at the gate that will take your pass and open the gate and let you in. They just don't take cash till 800 am so with out buying the passes ahead of time you have to wait till 800. Love the place one of the best places to still go and have a good time for cheap.
Cool didn't know about the early bird!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #3944
2k4Taco will become famous soon enough2k4Taco will become famous soon enough

Navy: PO2 USN
Name: Swanny
2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey fellas has anyone in the area ever applied Raptor Liner? I'm trying to see the texture and that the bed looks like.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:44 AM   #3945
Huh?
trectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrectenwald is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Hydraulic Systems Craftsman (AFSOC)
Name: Tracy
trectenwald's Tacoma Gallery
For sale, set of 4 - 16" TRD T/X Pro Black Bead lock Wheels with 265/75/16 BFG Rugged Terrain T/A Tires (NO TPMS SENSORS). Rings are powder coated black. I will also include the TRD wheel installation kit (12 lugs, 4 locks). Need to sell these soon, asking $1200 OBO.

I live in the Pensacola area, but I'm originally from jacksonville. Figured I'd post them here too... worst case scenario, I ship them or come home to see some family and drop off the wheel/tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Jacksonville area Tacos..-1a.jpg   Jacksonville area Tacos..-1b.jpg   Jacksonville area Tacos..-1c.jpg   Jacksonville area Tacos..-1d.jpg  
Old 01-08-2014, 01:01 PM   #3946
billstickly1 is on a distinguished road
billstickly1's Tacoma Gallery
URD 5 speed short shifter kit for sale. Make me an offer. Never installed. I am located here in Jax
Old 01-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #3948
TheBeatenPath is on a distinguished road
TheBeatenPath's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys. I just got my 2014 doublecab. Im wanting to hear any of yalls wxhaust and I would also like to see what lift heights and tires look like on these trucks. Im down for a get together if yall are. I traded my jeep wrangler jk that I had a lot done too but I dont really know much ehen it comes to ifs and tacoma parts.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #3949
SeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: PO1
Name: James
SeminoleTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
Hey guys. I just got my 2014 doublecab. Im wanting to hear any of yalls wxhaust and I would also like to see what lift heights and tires look like on these trucks. Im down for a get together if yall are. I traded my jeep wrangler jk that I had a lot done too but I dont really know much ehen it comes to ifs and tacoma parts.
Hey bud, welcome to the forum. I just ordered a Flowmaster 50 Series with Deltaflow Tech and when it comes in I am going to do a dump/turn down right off the muffler. There are a bunch of sound clips on YouTube that you can spend hours listening to from Borla, FlowMaster, Magnaflow, Bosal/TRD, DynoMax, Thrush...etc.

I have a Jeep YJ as my project rig that I have a lot done to as well. IFS was definitely a lot different to work with in my Tacoma. I still use 4WheelParts for both vehicles. As far as Tacoma specific, check out URDUSA.com. I lot of custom shops that do Jeep stuff also do Tacoma stuff.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #3950
NJBill is on a distinguished road

Army: Huey Crew Chief 84-87
Name: Bill
NJBill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmasonb34 View Post
We go early park opens at 800 am you can buy early bird passes for 10 bucks for a book of 10. It allows you to enter at 600 am in case you wanna get out early and fish before the beach crowed shows up.
Just a heads up, they did away with the Early Bird passes because of budget issues... Still pissed about it, hopefully they will have the early bird passes for summer.

Park opens at 8 now.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #3951
fasteddy is on a distinguished road

fasteddy's Tacoma Gallery
Hey all, I'm new to forums and looking to get into a Tacoma soon. Moving back up to Jax in a week or so! Would love to join any trail rides etc in the future when I get my truck!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #3952
SeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeminoleTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
Hey all, I'm new to forums and looking to get into a Tacoma soon. Moving back up to Jax in a week or so! Would love to join any trail rides etc in the future when I get my truck!
Welcome and cya soon. We are due for a meetup!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:11 AM   #3954

Picked it up a couple nights ago!

2014 dcsb 4x4 trd sport. Even has JBL and NAV with some running boards. Dealers trying to move trucks and gave us a steal of a deal. Looking forward to some group events like camping!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #3955

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
Picked it up a couple nights ago!

2014 dcsb 4x4 trd sport. Even has JBL and NAV with some running boards. Dealers trying to move trucks and gave us a steal of a deal. Looking forward to some group events like camping!

post a pic!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #3956
mromeo is on a distinguished road

Army: Rigger/Paratrooper
Name: Mike
mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
Would anyone be up for a meet up next weekend?
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #3957
s1ck s0n is on a distinguished road
s1ck s0n's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down. I missed the last one. Had a garage sale that morning and starting drinking waayyy too early Haha.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #3958
mromeo is on a distinguished road

Army: Rigger/Paratrooper
Name: Mike
mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1ck s0n View Post
I'm down. I missed the last one. Had a garage sale that morning and starting drinking waayyy too early Haha.
haha that seems like the best way to handle an early morning garage sale
Old 02-15-2014, 02:54 PM   #3959
s1ck s0n is on a distinguished road
s1ck s0n's Tacoma Gallery
Haha yup had a great time!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #3960

Products Discussed in this Thread