1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jacksonville area Tacos..

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Oh_Six_Taco_4x4, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Mar 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM
    mromeo

mromeo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Atlanta GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD OR
    None yet
    looks like fiber glass for a satoshi grill.. a man much braver than myself haha

2. Mar 4, 2014 at 2:17 PM
    s1ck s0n

s1ck s0n Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah man no problem. $700 is crazy for labor! And yes that's fiberglass. Still waiting on it to dry then gonna hit it with another layer from behind. Then try to get the paper off and do the front. Then just a little cutting and bondo and paint. Lol starting to see why people pay so much for these. There's no write up doing it like I am either. Venturing into the unknown with no guide. Haha

3. Mar 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    SeminoleTRD

SeminoleTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Fleming Island
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Sport DCLB
    3" ProComp Add-a-leaf, 1.5" SpiderTrax, Center Bearing shim, Nitto TerraGrappler 285/70R17, Volant Air Box, BakFlip Tonneau HD, DIY 3.5mm AUX Jack install, D-Ring bed mounts, Plasti-Dipped badges, Dumped 50 Series Flowmaster with DeltaFlow Tech, Lumen LED Fog Lights, Lumen Marker Lights, Spyder Smoke Headlights, Satoshi Grill, Anytime Fogs
    Hey man you are doing good! Just take your time and don't rush. I remember that phase of my Satoshi. Granted I believe yours is harder since you have the newer grill, but it will be sick son! lol see what I did there?

4. Mar 4, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    SeminoleTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Fleming Island
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Sport DCLB
    3" ProComp Add-a-leaf, 1.5" SpiderTrax, Center Bearing shim, Nitto TerraGrappler 285/70R17, Volant Air Box, BakFlip Tonneau HD, DIY 3.5mm AUX Jack install, D-Ring bed mounts, Plasti-Dipped badges, Dumped 50 Series Flowmaster with DeltaFlow Tech, Lumen LED Fog Lights, Lumen Marker Lights, Spyder Smoke Headlights, Satoshi Grill, Anytime Fogs
    Also, I see you are using the fiberglass mat, I used the cloth and felt it was pretty strong from the get go where mat you have to keep building up. Do you prefer the mat?

5. Mar 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    No way I am that brave. good luck, can't wait to see the end result.

6. Mar 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
    TACOMA GNOME

TACOMA GNOME Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    13, SR5, 4x4, silver
    Nothing much. I haven't been bitten by the mod bug. A little plasti dip. And a set of Wet Okole seat covers with gun pouch.
    Wow, there are some Jacksonville members out there

7. Mar 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    SeminoleTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Fleming Island
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Sport DCLB
    apparently lol forum has been quiet for a while

8. Mar 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM
    mromeo

mromeo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Atlanta GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD OR
    None yet
    with all the tacomas I see in jax everyday im surprised its not more active here. I swear I see atleast 10 modded tacomas everyday between my school and the gym.

9. Mar 4, 2014 at 5:53 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    well from the few meets we have had it seems the jacksonville area meet thread gets a little more action than this one…or at least lately

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/florida/298947-jacksonville-area-meet.html

10. Mar 5, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    s1ck s0n

Member:
    Lol I've never fiberglassed anything before. This is just the stuff my friend had laying around. I had no idea there were different kinds Haha. One layer of this stuff is already pretty stiff. Just want to make sure it's tough so I'm gonna do at least one more layer probably two before I bondo it.

11. Mar 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM
    SeminoleTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Fleming Island
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Sport DCLB
    Oh ok, mat works fine, just depends what you prefer. I did 2 layers as well for strength. Looking forwawrd to your results.

12. Mar 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    S1ck S0n I might take you up on helping me install the lift if you want. I have been pondering it over the last 2 days and I always prefer doing things myself so I can see how they work. I am going to order the bilstein 5100s already with the 885 coils and new bushings mounted so it should be plug and play with it all. I pulled the trigger on some light racing UCAs today but those I have no idea how to install. I am pretty handy and have done my fair share of installs so I am sure it wouldn't be too hard.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  13. Mar 5, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    SeminoleTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Fleming Island
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Sport DCLB
    1500 or 5100? I always see Billys 5100 lol Dont know much about those. Anyway the UCA is pretty easy if you do it with the lift since you are right there taking everything apart anyway. I want to get the same ones but haven't done it yet.

14. Mar 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    5100s…I was typing fast. Anyone know where to get the cab mount chopped at in J-ville and cost? I am thinking I might need it to get 285s on with the 5100s and 885 coils set at 0.

15. Mar 5, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    SeminoleTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Fleming Island
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Sport DCLB
    I have seen others do this mod themselves. I run 285s with my ProComp lift and 1.5" Spacers. I dont hit the cab mount or UCA. I did have to trim the inner wells though. How much lift does the 5100 and 885 give you?

16. Mar 5, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    it is supposed to give right at 2.5" but I have read a few guys got 3" but most everyone seems to get the 2.5" I am not familiar with the pro comp lift. What does it get? What kind of MPGs are you getting with the 285s? Is is bad?

17. Mar 5, 2014 at 6:02 PM
    SeminoleTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Fleming Island
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Sport DCLB
    I have the 3" ProComp with Add A Leaf. Up front is new struts and rear is a middle leaf addition and new shocks.

Define "bad" lol It is not great. I drive like an ass and get on it quite a bit and I get 15.5ish mpg and my commute is city and highway. Right now I am actually doing another mpg test while driving slightly more conservative and so far I am in the 16 mpg range. That seems to be the norm for guys in the 3" lift range with 285s.

18. Mar 5, 2014 at 7:40 PM
    s1ck s0n

Member:
    I'm down man. Just pm me and we'll figure out details. I also know someone who is selling some uca's lmk I'll get details.

19. Mar 6, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    Lilbigman

Lilbigman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab TRD SPORT 4X4
    20x12 Fuel Krank. 33x12.50 Toyo Open Country . 6" FabTech lift. Dirt Logic 2.5 Coilovers front Dirt Logic Shocks rear. Billet grille. Pioneer DVD touchscreen. Hertz 6.5 2 way in front & rear. 3 10" JL AUDIO 10w0 subs. 2 Pioneer amps powering the system. Magnaflow catback single in dual out
    Westside is the bestside lol

20. Mar 6, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    I guess that is about right. I am averaging around 16.8-17.5 driving around town with my 265/75/17s. I was also looking into the 275/70/17s as well to maybe save a little on my mpgs but I am not familiar with how they will look. When I look at pics they look exactly like my 265s imo.

Products Discussed in

To Top