Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Cargo slide out

Old 09-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Up is difficult. Down is dangerous.
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Guy
GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Cargo slide out

Every time I go camping or wheeling, the cargo area of my 4 Runner quickly becomes a huge mess! I can't get to things I need without moving 5 other things. So here's my solution. The top compartment under my jack flips open, less essential items will go here for now ( at least until the jack moves to my swing-out tire carrier that I haven't built yet).

The other part is a large slide out, this should make it easy to get to the items I need.. I do have to build a face for the drawer still, ran out of wood today.

Phone pics, sorry they're not that great.

Not sure if I'm going to carpet it or just urethane it.

Guy
Old 09-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that looks great!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
X2. Am trying to convince the wife she needs something like this in hers...
Thanks!

Hey a Mod in a Florida thread and no trouble.P

Should I be nervous?
Old 09-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Don't jinx it =)
Old 09-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #8

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Finished the face plate to the drawer, just need to pick a finish.

Thanks for the complements!

Old 09-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I did one similar many years ago, I loved it.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #10
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I have been thinking about doing something like this for my work truck (Explorer). What did you use for drawer slides, or are they just wood on wood?
Old 09-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #11

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Looks good. I have been thinking about doing something like this for my work truck (Explorer). What did you use for drawer slides, or are they just wood on wood?
I used 24 inch heavy duty slides from home depot. They will support 100lbs and cost 16 bucks for the pair.

Guy
Old 09-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #12

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoster View Post
Looks good. I did one similar many years ago, I loved it.

Very nice!
Old 09-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHuey View Post
I used 24 inch heavy duty slides from home depot. They will support 100lbs and cost 16 bucks for the pair.

Guy
Thanks
Old 09-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHuey View Post

Guy
Same ones i used! good slides. Want a suggestion? I made 2 legs and a top for the drawer when it was pulled out. Made a good little table.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #15

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to post about this part of the design. The cut outs on the side not only give access to the factory storage panel, they hold two gallons of water perfectly.