Given that we're entering the dry months here in Florida, where the weather isn't too hot, I was thinking we should probably try to set up another meet sooner rather than later. I know there is a huge meet at Citrus around the end of January, and as much as I would like to go, for some of us who live in South Florida, a 9 hour round trip drive and $100-$150 bill for fuel alone just isn't worth it. On the other hand, I don't want to plan it around the same time as the Citrus meet, just in case anyone that might join us wants to go there as well.
Here's what I'm thinking. Let's go out there on a Sunday, early morning. I'm thinking that December 2, 2012 or December 9, 2012 would be the best days. I added December 16, 2012 as well, just because I don't know how many of us are still in school, and I don't want to run up against exams either. If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know.
Notes about Corbett:
- There is a $3 per person, up to $6 per vehicle charge to enter the WMA.
- It is hunting season. We must stay on numbered trails and go "bird watching" or something to stay technically legal.
- The trails are tight in some places. I also have no interest in scratching up my truck.
- Food/Drinks for everyone in your party
- Cash for entry fee
- Recovery gear
- Mainly Tow Straps
- 2 Way Radios (much cheaper than a CB and portable)
- I have these...http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-CXR925-3...keywords=cobra
- Good attitude...