Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Dec 2012: South Florida Meet-Up

View Poll Results: What day would you want to go out to JW Corbett?
Sunday, December 2, 2012 0 0%
Sunday, December 9, 2012 4 80.00%
Sunday, December 16, 2012 1 20.00%
Other... 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Dec 2012: South Florida Meet-Up

Okay, I know there was a JW Corbett meet up Early October 2011. Recently, I've had quite a few people ask if there was a new way we can get together to have another meet up.

Given that we're entering the dry months here in Florida, where the weather isn't too hot, I was thinking we should probably try to set up another meet sooner rather than later. I know there is a huge meet at Citrus around the end of January, and as much as I would like to go, for some of us who live in South Florida, a 9 hour round trip drive and $100-$150 bill for fuel alone just isn't worth it. On the other hand, I don't want to plan it around the same time as the Citrus meet, just in case anyone that might join us wants to go there as well.

Here's what I'm thinking. Let's go out there on a Sunday, early morning. I'm thinking that December 2, 2012 or December 9, 2012 would be the best days. I added December 16, 2012 as well, just because I don't know how many of us are still in school, and I don't want to run up against exams either. If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know.

Notes about Corbett:
  • There is a $3 per person, up to $6 per vehicle charge to enter the WMA.
  • It is hunting season. We must stay on numbered trails and go "bird watching" or something to stay technically legal.
  • The trails are tight in some places. I also have no interest in scratching up my truck.
Things to bring:
Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Meet Up info:

11am on Sunday Debember 9, 2012

Publix Shopping Center
7050 Seminole Pratt Whitney Rd
Loxahatchee,‎ Florida‎ 33470

There is a publix, auto parts store, bank, and a gas station in the shopping center, so everyone can get anything they forgot.

List of people going:
  1. AWorthyOpponent + 2 friends
  2. jmangone
  3. TAC1 + 2 friends
  4. MxJx
  5. Finks99Taco (possibly)
  6. ccurtis0805 (possibly)
  7. Tioloco (probably, but no promises)

Old 11-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I voted December 9. I like what you said. I also do not want to scratch up my truck. I want to have fun but not at the expense of harming my truck ($$$). If I had an old beater then yes but I love my truck too much for that & you have a 2013 so i'm sure you feel the same.

I'm gonna see if I can get the 2 way radios but I have spent quite a bit of money already so I'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the update
Old 11-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
This is perfect for me December 9th is actually my birthday. Sure would a nice gift from strangers to have a day of complaint free day of trails, my wife is not up for these kind of things so ill be accompanied by a 12 pack, maybe the dog too.. i have a set of toe ropes,and a come along. This is my first time to any trails in florida, should i be a little more packed, ie.... shovel, chains..

hope to see a lot of tacos go.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Good stuff.
Corbett doesn't sit we'll with me due to past events but I may be able to make it.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Finks99Taco,

What happened to you at Corbett?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
i too am interested in your last experiance at corbett
Old 11-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
Member Caught Off Road

Fink flipped his taco on its side...

Fortunately, it did just buff out. For the most part...
Old 11-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #10
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Indeed. Not to deter anyone. We got into a tight place out there on a very nasty trail and shit hit the fan. Truck was fine wa just kinda freaky.

Like Dan said we gotta stay on trails though or they will get mad at you. There is a couple fun spots all over the place so all in all its a good place.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #11

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!
I won't let that deter me but I will say that if I see a trail where I think I am going to flip or get water in my cab then I will NOT go through it. It's one thing to get stuck and it's another to flip my truck or ruin my interior. As for trail compliance, I will comply. I don't want to upset the park officials and ruin it for the rest of you.

BTW, by tight I assume you mean branches scratching up the side or your truck. What are you referring to as nasty?

meNFinks99Taco
Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #12

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Is this something that I can expect to do at Corbett or is it goig to be all mud? I would like to go through these types of trails also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXxFiVUsd-k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIJPv...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqHrB15iVCE
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
Member Caught Off Road

Prob going to be more like the first video, but I will not be venturing into that deep water...

And some of the trails are prob going to be tighter.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #14

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
OK. It seems to me that you play it safe. I like that. I will definitely be following you!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #15

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Dan,

Here's the line-up on my end
Manny with his 89 F-150 4X4
Pablo with his 88 Bronco 4X4
& me (Peter) with my wanna
be off-roader 08 Tacoma
Prerunner.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #16
Member Caught Off Road

Okay, here we go

AWorthyOpponent
jmangone
TAC1
+2 friends joining aswell
Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #17

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I forgot to mention that besides the 2 tow straps from Wheeler's (1) 20' & (1) 30' I also have a 1st aid kit & a portable air compressor that works off of the cigarette lighter.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #18
Member Caught Off Road

Meet info updated in second post.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #19

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Good thinking!

We will be there:

Manny with his '89 F-150 4X4
Pablo with his '88 Bronco 4X4
Chris with his '94 Nissan 240SX
(he'll park it outside of the trails ofcourse, & ride with us)
&
Me with my 08 Tacoma Prerunner.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #20
Member Caught Off Road

Okay, I don't know who is going, and who has a Facebook, but I made an event...

http://www.facebook.com/events/391586040916172/