Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Help Please Regarding Fair Price For A 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD SPORT

Old 01-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
ricoefamoso is on a distinguished road
Name: William
ricoefamoso's Tacoma Gallery
Help Please Regarding Fair Price For A 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD SPORT

I've just spent over an hour with my local Toyota Dealer trying to negotiate a price for a '13 Tacoma TRD Sport Package with Entune / Navigation / JBL / Ipod Interface / 17" Tires Bridgestone / Chrome Tube Steps / Engine Skid Plate / V6 Tow Package / Toyota Bed Liner / etc. etc.

MSRP window sticker price with "Toyota Guard and Dealer Fee's is $37,850.

Offered $32,500 plus Tax - Tag - Registration. We have gone around and around with this. They countered at $32,500 + $650 Dealer Fee with the total to $33,150 plus Tax - Tag - Registration.

I would appreciate feedback from Tacoma folks out there. The out the door price would equal approx. $35,639 out the door.

Please let me know your thoughts on this price ... any information will be much appreciated. I have not owned a Truck for some years.

Thanks !
Old 01-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoefamoso View Post
I've just spent over an hour with my local Toyota Dealer trying to negotiate a price for a '13 Tacoma TRD Sport Package with Entune / Navigation / JBL / Ipod Interface / 17" Tires Bridgestone / Chrome Tube Steps / Engine Skid Plate / V6 Tow Package / Toyota Bed Liner / etc. etc.

MSRP window sticker price with "Toyota Guard and Dealer Fee's is $37,850.

Offered $32,500 plus Tax - Tag - Registration. We have gone around and around with this. They countered at $32,500 + $650 Dealer Fee with the total to $33,150 plus Tax - Tag - Registration.

I would appreciate feedback from Tacoma folks out there. The out the door price would equal approx. $35,639 out the door.

Please let me know your thoughts on this price ... any information will be much appreciated. I have not owned a Truck for some years.

Thanks !
Sounds more than fair to me. Toyota guard is junk, get rid of it.

Also, do a little research. There is a whole thread dedicated to pricing on 2013's
Old 01-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
celec is on a distinguished road
celec's Tacoma Gallery
I just put a deposit for a 13 MGM Double Cab TRD Sport with Entune and Tow package. The truck was ordered, built date is 1/18 will be here first week of February. Im in South Florida and price was $30500 OTD with a new tag. I know it comes with 17 inches tires but no clue which brand. The MSRP for this truck is $32444. I would suggest to purchase the step tube online, it is a DIY installation and can be had much cheaper, not saying that whatever you add at the dealership you are financing for 5 years. Same for the skid plate and bedliner. ToyoGuard is just Toyota stealing your money. I also went to 7 dealerships over a weekend and had each one of them give me a written quote. If you are willing to drive down I know of a dealer that has a silver one with TRD Sport and Entune willing to match that 30.5K OTD.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Entune and Navigation is crap...if you have a smartphone, you should skip this and go with the standard touchscreen. After three years, you have to pay to use entune...it works with most phones, but uses your data, and moreso than if you were to play via smartphone. I had entune n my 2012 Camry, and found that even with the upgraded audio, the music playback still sounded better streaming off of the phone.

Most all the tacomas have Bluetooth now, and that's what you'll use the most. I believe a iPod jack and USB port are now standard as well.

If you do that, you'll cut like $1000-1500 off the price immediately. And most likely be happier in the long run.

For that price, it better be a 4x4 also...if not, drop 2k off...

After that, if its a double cab short bed its an okay price...double cab long bed, good price...

Here is my local dealer...DCSB TRD Off Road starting at $32,914...Offroad package costs roughly the same as the Sport, if not maybe a couple hundred more....

http://www.royalpalmtoyota.com/detai...w-9446806.html
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
is this 4x4??I got my pre-runner O/R for 27otd in '10. like stated if thats 4x4 it's a decent prrice if not go down or go to a different dealer
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 AM   #6
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Try Deluka in Ocala ..They have beat all Orlando dealers on out the door on new toyo's..352 414 1965
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 AM   #7
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would do more research if I were you. Determine the exact package you want and a price you want to pay. Find a dealership that has what you want on the lot. Give them your price and do not waver from that price. If they can't do it, thank them for their time and go to the next dealership. The only time I negotiate is if I know I am shooting a lowball number but usually I don't want to waste my time or the salesperson's time.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
So i take it your going to Daytona toyota? Which is right next door to my work.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #9
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Is it 4x4 short bed or long bed? I bought a 4x4 short bed just like that without all the extras for $32k otd. Personally I would tell them to take all that crap off. No point in allowing them to use it in negotiation and having to finance more (assuming your financing). Just buy what you want later and put it on yourself.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #10
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Entune and Navigation is crap...if you have a smartphone, you should skip this and go with the standard touchscreen. After three years, you have to pay to use entune...it works with most phones, but uses your data, and moreso than if you were to play via smartphone. I had entune n my 2012 Camry, and found that even with the upgraded audio, the music playback still sounded better streaming off of the phone.

Most all the tacomas have Bluetooth now, and that's what you'll use the most. I believe a iPod jack and USB port are now standard as well.

If you do that, you'll cut like $1000-1500 off the price immediately. And most likely be happier in the long run.

For that price, it better be a 4x4 also...if not, drop 2k off...

After that, if its a double cab short bed its an okay price...double cab long bed, good price...

Here is my local dealer...DCSB TRD Off Road starting at $32,914...Offroad package costs roughly the same as the Sport, if not maybe a couple hundred more....

http://www.royalpalmtoyota.com/detai...w-9446806.html
I like entune! Maybe it's just me. Navigation is the best I've seen IMO and that includes factory systems and aftermarket. Now if you don't need navigation than its not worth IMO. Also the voice controls have worked seamlessly since I've had it. In my line of work I have to go to job sites in small towns and the maps are great and are free to update.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
robbery ! what is that a DC ?

I am getting a 2013 AC 4x4 TRD offroad w/7x100,000 VSA for 29,000 bucks
Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
robbery ! what is that a DC ?

I am getting a 2013 AC 4x4 TRD offroad w/7x100,000 VSA for 29,000 bucks
Entune isn't offered in AC right? At least that's what I thought.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
jslum is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Im in south FL 2 days ago bought a 2013 DC TRD sport with tow package and navigation with predator steps and bed extender for $29900 OTD after TTL. Wanted them to order me a 2013 TRD sport with tow package and all weather flooring with predator steps. They had this one on the lot and wanted to make a sale.... apparently badly. by the way the new one also came with toyo guard and some other small dumb stuff like paint protection and window tint which I told them I didnt care about. The deal was too good to pass up in my opinion cause I can always sell the navigation and put in all weather flooring even though its a PITA.
Anyway, point is you can do wayyyy better. Call and make an appointment with the internet director at your dealer or another one and get your info right before you go in, including finding out exactly what invoice, not MSRP is for the truck they have. If you get invoice or less you are doing good. you can find out what invoice is on KBB. I looked for 2 months and went to about 8 dealers through palm beach broward and dade county.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAggie View Post
Entune isn't offered in AC right? At least that's what I thought.
no entune but I don't want it anyway
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
no entune but I don't want it anyway
But he must be looking at a DC, which was your question.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAggie View Post
But he must be looking at a DC, which was your question.
Ok...get it now
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #17
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
OP has disappeared...
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #18
tradarcher is on a distinguished road
tradarcher's Tacoma Gallery
Wow..great price for the trd. I bought a 2013 short bed SR5 this morning. Out the door 30,800 in Wesley Chapel.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #19
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradarcher View Post
Wow..great price for the trd. I bought a 2013 short bed SR5 this morning. Out the door 30,800 in Wesley Chapel.
2x4 & crew???
Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #20
tradarcher is on a distinguished road
tradarcher's Tacoma Gallery
It's a 4x4 crew cab SR5 . they are delivering to my house today. I had a bug shield and roof rack put on , and that's why i didn't drive it home yesterday
$30,800 including tax, title everything. It is the short bed