Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Moving to Orlando

Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to Orlando

Hey guys,

I am moving to Orlando mid Feb. I am actually down here right now looking for places to live. Going to be here for about a year, maybe a little more. I am going to the Marine Mechanics Institute. Can you guys recommend any apartments to live in around the hunters creek/ disney-ish area? I looked at a place up in Azalea the other day and while it was very nice, it is just too far away from school...especially when you factor in all the traffic. That was a bit of a rude awakening for me. lol. Anyways, I am trying to stay in the $600 or under range. Just going to be myself so I don't need anything huge.

Hope to meet some of you guys. I know I saw a nice lifted white 2nd gen taco at the UTI building when I took a tour yesterday and have seen a few other lifted tacos rolling around here.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
Hey guys,

I am moving to Orlando mid Feb. I am actually down here right now looking for places to live. Going to be here for about a year, maybe a little more. I am going to the Marine Mechanics Institute. Can you guys recommend any apartments to live in around the hunters creek/ disney-ish area? I looked at a place up in Azalea the other day and while it was very nice, it is just too far away from school...especially when you factor in all the traffic. That was a bit of a rude awakening for me. lol. Anyways, I am trying to stay in the $600 or under range. Just going to be myself so I don't need anything huge.

Hope to meet some of you guys. I know I saw a nice lifted white 2nd gen taco at the UTI building when I took a tour yesterday and have seen a few other lifted tacos rolling around here.

Thanks!
The closer to dizzy the more the $
Try for something off the B line around narcoosee rd.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
Conway area is pretty decent.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Thanks guys!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #5

Firefighter:
Welp, ended up getting the apartment up in Azalea off Goldenrod.

How does that sunpass work? Is the toll discounted at all and does the toll just get taken out of your checking account or something?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
not sure how sunpass in o town works, but we use it over in tpa too, up and down the turnpike, and of course all toll highways, but from what I have seen there is pretty much toll reduction like instead of it being $1.25 u only pay $1.00 by using sunpass. there is a balance for your sunpass account and you can set it to replenish once it gets below a certain amount (not sure if u can do it with checking acct, i use my credit card) very worthwhile to have! welcome to FL
Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
not sure how sunpass in o town works, but we use it over in tpa too, up and down the turnpike, and of course all toll highways, but from what I have seen there is pretty much toll reduction like instead of it being $1.25 u only pay $1.00 by using sunpass. there is a balance for your sunpass account and you can set it to replenish once it gets below a certain amount (not sure if u can do it with checking acct, i use my credit card) very worthwhile to have! welcome to FL
^^^^^This^^^^Its a must have if you are going on it each day,, keep rolling, No stop and no looking for coins
Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #8

Firefighter:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
^^^^^This^^^^Its a must have if you are going on it each day,, keep rolling, No stop and no looking for coins
awesome thanks guys. I have never had to deal with the toll systems beside the very rare instance when I am rolling through FL to go to the Keys. Im definitely going to be taking the toll roads because it would only take about 25 mins to get to school vs 50 min if I avoid the tolls.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
cool! yea i was saying how I wasn't sure if it was the same in otown as in not sure if all the tolls are reduced, i remember years back to drive from gainesville to miami it costed about 18 in tolls, but if you used a sunpass it only came out to like 12ish or so. But in the state of florida, i'm pretty sure all tolls take sunpass= ezpass, and there are 2 types of transponders, one is the mini that sticks on ur windshield and supposed to not be removable and the other is the remote device thing that you can carry around. I think the mini cost $5 and it will actually give you 4.99 credit (essentially free except for tax) and the remote device thing costs 20 i believe with no credit. unless things have changed, that's pretty much what i know about it, so i'd recommend a mini transponder if you are using 1 car, and even if you are using 2 cars, might as well get 2 mini's
Old 01-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #10

Firefighter:
I was wondering about that. Looks like I am doing the mini transponder. haha I guess you can stick them on motorcycles too right?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #11

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
I was wondering about that. Looks like I am doing the mini transponder. haha I guess you can stick them on motorcycles too right?
i thought u prob could, but it says u can't

https://www.sunpass.com/pdf/MiniWebPDF_E.pdf

i'm thinking that most of the windshields are like plastic or plexiglass instead of glass glass right?
Old 01-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:
i thought u prob could, but it says u can't

https://www.sunpass.com/pdf/MiniWebPDF_E.pdf

i'm thinking that most of the windshields are like plastic or plexiglass instead of glass glass right?
yup they are a plexiglass type. dang. oh well.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #13
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, how are you liking Florida? I know that you used to live around the Cinci area then just moved down, I'm in the same position but instead of Orlando I found I job in Tampa. Just wanted to pick your brain on living in Florida vs. Ohio/Ky... I've only vacationed in Fl so that's about the extent to my knowledge.

Thanks!