Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Disney World.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
Question Disney World.

Hey, I am wondering if anyone has any experience with disney world during the first week of june? I have heard that it is gay pride the week of may 28-june 3. We are planning on being there from the june 2-7. I have no issues with anyones sexuality, you like whom you like, I just dont want my kids to be thrown into the middle of PDA fest with a bunch of couples doing things that should be done in private. If you could help me out and let me know of any experiences you may have had on the subject, Thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
The place is packed till the first of July,,,Its full all summer but anytime there is something like the gay days going on the lines are Real long for just about everything.If you have school age kids then the summer is all you can do...Feb or march or Sept., Oct is what we always do with the Grand nephew's or nieces Jim
Old 01-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
just don't wear red. disney is a huge draw for gay's all year long. They usually respect that it is a place for everyone. you shouldn't have any problems. Not really sure what the dates are but Jim does!!lol
Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Disneyland and California adventure California
Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Disneyland and California adventure California
??
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
just don't wear red. disney is a huge draw for gay's all year long. They usually respect that it is a place for everyone. you shouldn't have any problems. Not really sure what the dates are but Jim does!!lol
Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for all the input. I have heard the same thing about all the red shirts, guess I will have to leave all my UGA shirts at the house.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #11
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I went that same time frame 2 years ago and it was awesome! there are so many people and attractions you wont focus on anything else, and yes bring money

Edit: and by that I mean focusing on the attractions not the people.. unless thats what you're in to
Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #12
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
I researched this a couple years ago and I found a site that monitors this stuff. Here is what they said.

The Lowest Attendance --

* January (except New Year's Day) until just prior to Presidents' Week in February
* The week following Labor Day until the week prior to Thanksgiving
* The week following Thanksgiving until mid-December

More Moderate Attendance:

* After Presidents' week in February through early March
* Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
* Columbus Day Weekend (October)
* The first part of Thanksgiving week

Highest Attendance:

* Presidents' week in February
* Mid March through Late April ("Spring Break")
* Memorial Day weekend
* Mid June through Labor Day
* Thanksgiving Day and weekend
* Christmas week through New Year's Day

A recent inquiry of Disney regarding which days to visit which parks had the following response:

"During regular attendance periods, our parks tend to be the busiest on the following days:

* Magic Kingdom: Monday, Thursday, and Saturday
* Epcot: Tuesday and Friday
* Disney-MGM Studios: Sunday and Wednesday
* Disney's Animal Kingdom: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday"
Old 01-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU View Post
I researched this a couple years ago and I found a site that monitors this stuff. Here is what they said.

The Lowest Attendance --

* January (except New Year's Day) until just prior to Presidents' Week in February
* The week following Labor Day until the week prior to Thanksgiving
* The week following Thanksgiving until mid-December

More Moderate Attendance:

* After Presidents' week in February through early March
* Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
* Columbus Day Weekend (October)
* The first part of Thanksgiving week

Highest Attendance:

* Presidents' week in February
* Mid March through Late April ("Spring Break")
* Memorial Day weekend
* Mid June through Labor Day
* Thanksgiving Day and weekend
* Christmas week through New Year's Day

A recent inquiry of Disney regarding which days to visit which parks had the following response:

"During regular attendance periods, our parks tend to be the busiest on the following days:

* Magic Kingdom: Monday, Thursday, and Saturday
* Epcot: Tuesday and Friday
* Disney-MGM Studios: Sunday and Wednesday
* Disney's Animal Kingdom: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday"
Never ever EVAR!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Used to work for Universal Studios Security and Loss Prevention. If school is out...the parks are busy. If you're trying to go right before or after ANY holiday, it'll be busy...If you are willing to pull your kids out of school on a Tues-Thurs and go on Wed...you'll be fine.

Gay days are usually busy, but half the people that are working at the parks are gay...they really don't make out on the curb. Worst case, youll see a couple of guys holding hands or hugging...anything else is usually broken (regardless of sexual preference) up by the Security team and their THOUSANDS of cameras thorough the parks.

If you want to get free tickets, or something cool from them, have your son/daughter write mickey a letter about how much they want to come and meet him. Usually, youll get either free tickets, or (hopefully) a special tour from the staff and a meet with all the characters individually...at least that's what universal did...their way of making your son/daughter feel unique, and get you to spend more money on merchandise...
Old 01-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #17
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, ENS 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
I've been to Disneyland so much it hurts. Never had a problem with anybody gay, straight, or otherwise. Cars Land will be packed. If you want to ride that ride get your fast pass early. You can buy a book (or the app) to look for "hidden Mickeys" all over the park. It will help keep everyone occupied during those long lines. Also there is an all you can eat BBQ place behind Thunder Mountain. If you're going to pay an arm and a leg, you should at least get a good meal.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #18
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
I once went on gay day and had never heard about it before that. I was stumped as to why so many people were wearing red shirts. Anyhow, the only good thing about the rampant homophobia in America is that Disney World was very empty. I estimate maybe 5000 people tops. Although my GF thought they were checking me out, no one hit on me or made me uncomfortable in any way. Its a great time to go. No waiting in any lines.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #19

Thanks for the info. Less crowds would be awesome,
Old 04-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
No idea about your time frame, but I would recommend the week after Thanksgiving. Great temps, no lines, and Magic Kingdom turns into Christmas season overnight. Too cool. Can't wait to return!