Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Central Florida: Calling all lifted 2nd Gens

Old 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Central Florida: Calling all lifted 2nd Gens

I've been reading about different lift options and opinions since buying my latest Tacoma. I'm about 90% sure which components I'm going to go with, and I've listed my choices below. I'm really hoping some of you are in the Central Florida area with lifted Tacoma's and wouldn't mind letting me check out your set ups before I order.
I'd even spring for lunch or a drink if you throw in a test ride!
I'm about 90% sure which components I'm going to go with for my lift. I've got a 2012 DCSB TRD Off Road that will not see much off-roading. Definitely no hardcore off-roading as there aren't many options for this around us. I'm running 265/75-16 GY Duratacs, they are staying on the truck for a while too.

I am open to OME set ups and I've been talking DSM about their Icon set up, but I'm not sure that's really that much better for my needs than what I'm coming up with (costs almost twice as much too).

My thoughts for component are these:
Eibach springs (1/4 spacer for driver's side)
Bilstein 5100's set at .85
Icon Mini Pack AAL for rear
Bilstein 5100 for rear.

If I go this route, I could probably splurge for UCA's too. I'm thinking Light Racing has a good price and would probably work well for my needs.

I want to order soon, but I will hold off if there is anybody out there that would like to show off their own suspension upgrades. I live in Brevard County, but would travel to your location given that it's not too far away.
Thanks!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
I'll let you check out mine but i gotsa prerunner. But i'll show up for the drinks and food!! you probably won't need the uca's, unless you just want them..but you only need them for 3" or higher which is not reccomended for 4x4. but with that set up you shouldn't need em
Old 01-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the invite, but I can't make lunch in Longwood during the week.

K9C, I saw you've got the drop spindles so that probably wouldn't help me much, thanks though.

Where are all of the lifted Tacomas? I see them weekly but haven't been anle to catch up to any uet.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
dirtymike's Tacoma Gallery
Shoot me a pm I'm lifted