1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Central Florida: Calling all lifted 2nd Gens

Discussion in 'Florida' started by JpAdct, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Jan 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
    JpAdct

JpAdct [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PB County, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma ExtCab
    I've been reading about different lift options and opinions since buying my latest Tacoma. I'm about 90% sure which components I'm going to go with, and I've listed my choices below. I'm really hoping some of you are in the Central Florida area with lifted Tacoma's and wouldn't mind letting me check out your set ups before I order.
    I'd even spring for lunch or a drink if you throw in a test ride! [​IMG]
    I'm about 90% sure which components I'm going to go with for my lift. I've got a 2012 DCSB TRD Off Road that will not see much off-roading. Definitely no hardcore off-roading as there aren't many options for this around us. I'm running 265/75-16 GY Duratacs, they are staying on the truck for a while too.

I am open to OME set ups and I've been talking DSM about their Icon set up, but I'm not sure that's really that much better for my needs than what I'm coming up with (costs almost twice as much too).

My thoughts for component are these:
    Eibach springs (1/4 spacer for driver's side)
    Bilstein 5100's set at .85
    Icon Mini Pack AAL for rear
    Bilstein 5100 for rear.

If I go this route, I could probably splurge for UCA's too. I'm thinking Light Racing has a good price and would probably work well for my needs.

I want to order soon, but I will hold off if there is anybody out there that would like to show off their own suspension upgrades. I live in Brevard County, but would travel to your location given that it's not too far away.
    Thanks!

2. Jan 28, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    I'll let you check out mine but i gotsa prerunner. But i'll show up for the drinks and food!! you probably won't need the uca's, unless you just want them..but you only need them for 3" or higher which is not reccomended for 4x4. but with that set up you shouldn't need em

3. Jan 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    We will be doing a late lunch this wednesday @ 4Rivers in Longwood. I think there will be 2-3 lifted 2nd gens there. You are more than welcome to join.

4. Jan 29, 2013 at 6:59 AM
    JpAdct

JpAdct [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PB County, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma ExtCab
    Thanks for the invite, but I can't make lunch in Longwood during the week.

K9C, I saw you've got the drop spindles so that probably wouldn't help me much, thanks though.

Where are all of the lifted Tacomas? I see them weekly but haven't been anle to catch up to any uet.

5. Jan 30, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    dirtymike

dirtymike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    orlando fl
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Fiberglass,spindles, coils, 4"leafs, gears&locker, no skids :-/
    Shoot me a pm I'm lifted

Products Discussed in