Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

renters insurance

Old 02-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
renters insurance

Hey guys,

I am moving in to my apartment down in Orlando in 2 weeks and am looking for renters insurance. Who do you all recommend? I have my car insurance through USAA but they wont insure me for some reason..
Old 02-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Is the apartment you're moving into requiring that you have it? If they do, generally they'll recommend someone. I paid like $149 for my fiancé and myself for a year.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Is the apartment you're moving into requiring that you have it? If they do, generally they'll recommend someone. I paid like $149 for my fiancé and myself for a year.
yeah they are requiring it but didnt really recommend one specific place. just a handful that I already know about. I am just trying to see who you all use and if you have had bad experiences with one or the other.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
when I had allstate for auto insurance, I bundled my renters and ended up getting a discount every 6 months. the discount actually covered the cost of the insurance for the year, plus gave me an extra $50 off. not sure how that worked out, but try pricing both when looking for renters insurance.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
Hey guys,

I am moving in to my apartment down in Orlando in 2 weeks and am looking for renters insurance. Who do you all recommend? I have my car insurance through USAA but they wont insure me for some reason..
Well, you already canceled out my recommendation. My wife always had renters for us even though it wasnt required. But we had it through USAA and never had a problem. Good luck OP and welcome to Orlando. You ever need anything just ask. I am on the East side of town and work at a local dealer, lots of the local guys come to me for work.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you bank?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #7

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Well, you already canceled out my recommendation. My wife always had renters for us even though it wasnt required. But we had it through USAA and never had a problem. Good luck OP and welcome to Orlando. You ever need anything just ask. I am on the East side of town and work at a local dealer, lots of the local guys come to me for work.
thanks! I have been really happy with USAA. I am on the east side as well up in Azalea Park. I will certainly let you know if I need anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Where do you bank?
Right now I have Huntington. Its a local bank. Once I move down I am probably just going to switch everything to either USAA or one of the local banks down there.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
thanks! I have been really happy with USAA. I am on the east side as well up in Azalea Park. I will certainly let you know if I need anything!

Right now I have Huntington. Its a local bank. Once I move down I am probably just going to switch everything to either USAA or one of the local banks down there.
Some banks will act as a brokerage for insurance, so that's why i asked. I know you said USAA won't insure, but just something to keep in mind. Geico is decent IIRC...
Old 02-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #9

Firefighter:
Ok cool thanks. I will check around with some local banks
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I have State Farm and my auto insurance is bundled with my renter's policy
Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
State farm. It was 15 dollars a month on top of my auto insurance. They wrote me a check when my laptop and bike were stolen.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
ndub86 will become famous soon enoughndub86 will become famous soon enough
Name: Neal
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
I have Travelers insurance for my renter's policy. I use an independent insurance agent that shops around for me when my policies come up for renewal. He recommends Travelers because the price is good and they have full coverage (i.e. they cover the price of stolen goods when NEW, not the depreciated value). I think I pay about $120 a year. Whoever you go with, make sure the coverage will pay out for the purchase price of your items, not the depreciated value (could be a difference of thousands if you have a lot of stuff stolen).

**Just kidding...I looked it up. I paid $176.00...so just under $15 a month overall.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #13
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Where in Orlando ya'll gonna be? If it's in the city I can give ya a heads up
Old 02-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #14

Firefighter:
Thanks guys! going to do some shopping around tonight.

K9cop- I am in the Azalea Park area off Goldenrod.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #15
Captain Stabbin is a jewel in the roughCaptain Stabbin is a jewel in the roughCaptain Stabbin is a jewel in the roughCaptain Stabbin is a jewel in the rough
Navy: PO1
Name: Justin
Captain Stabbin's Tacoma Gallery
I tried to get USAA for Renter's 4 years ago and they wouldn't do it (forget why). Called em again a year ago and they were all for it. $20/mo for an unGodly amount of coverage. Never made a claim, but I'm sure they're just as good as on the auto policies.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stabbin View Post
I tried to get USAA for Renter's 4 years ago and they wouldn't do it (forget why). Called em again a year ago and they were all for it. $20/mo for an unGodly amount of coverage. Never made a claim, but I'm sure they're just as good as on the auto policies.
you have a very interesting username...
Old 02-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
Captain Stabbin is a jewel in the roughCaptain Stabbin is a jewel in the roughCaptain Stabbin is a jewel in the roughCaptain Stabbin is a jewel in the rough
Navy: PO1
Name: Justin
Captain Stabbin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
you have a very interesting username...
Thank you. I trimmed up my youngest daughter's hair the other day and told my wife she should call me the "bang boss." Apparently one of the kids heard it and told the kids at school that's what they call me. FML.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Thank you. I trimmed up my youngest daughter's hair the other day and told my wife she should call me the "bang boss." Apparently one of the kids heard it and told the kids at school that's what they call me. FML.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #20

Firefighter:
Quote:
I am not sure why they wont cover me but I tried once. maybe I will give it another try tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Did you get a job with orlando fire?
No I am going to school to learn how to work on boats. I had a few injuries that have kept me from being able to work with the FD. Did all that schooling only to work in the FF for about a year then screw myself up. I am a rescue diver though so I might try to get on with a dive team while I am there.