Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Miami Meet: Sunday, 03/24/13

Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #21
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, they have some of those FPL areas up here...they'll nail you if you get caught...

I'd hate to be a buzz kill, but I'd rather hit up a Mudfest one weekend and camp...little more expensive, but we all know it'll be a safe environment.

Or make the trip and hit up Big Cypress...
Old 02-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #22
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. It makes since that it could have been damaged when you fell off the ladder because jumping off of a foot and a half of elevation shouldn't damage anything. I assume you will be going to therapy for a few weeks. Let me say this, don't skip any therapy sessions, no matter what! It makes a world of difference in your final outcome. GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #23
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I understand AWorthyOpponent but you won't have any problems at 8 st. My concern was 41 st but we know now thats not going to happen. I'll drive by there the Sunday before the 24th to make sure it's OK but I'm sure it will be.

BTW, I think Big Cypress is only 4WD.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 AM   #24
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yea that 41st st one I was leery on but everything else sounds good to me.
Like you said traffic shouldn't be too bad since its Sunday. No 5-o'clock traffic on a weekday to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
BTW, I think Big Cypress is only 4WD.
He is 4wd. Only thinking about himself again.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #26
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I have plenty of. Therapy to go but it's a waiting game because of workers comp
Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #27

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Fink,
Glad to hear that you like the areas!

MIAtaco,
Make sure you pressure them. Health is first. Good luck and may you have a speedy recovery.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #28
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post
He is 4wd. Only thinking about himself again.
Quote:
LOL!

Seriously tho, I keep forgetting that vital fact...
Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #29
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post

Seriously tho, I keep forgetting that vital fact...
Haha

It's ok my one wheel drive impresses me too.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #30
TacoTues is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
TacoTues's Tacoma Gallery
You all should of got 4wd and I'm pretty sure big cypress you need a vehicle permit. OP where can I go ride today?
Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTues View Post
You all should of got 4wd
Overrated.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #32

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Fink. Some people think that "having" 4WD is all it takes. Yes, 4WD is an advantage over 2WD but tires, suspension, & driver skill are just as important. TacoTunes, I hear what you are saying but I truly like my truck ALOT & I don't off road enough to "need" a 4WD. What's the worse that can happen? You get stuck? Don't go alone is my solution. Cheaper then trading for a 4WD.

At JW (with Fink, AWorthyOpponent, and 2 other trucks, sorry, don't remember the names now) Fink was the only one with the balls (as stated by AWorthyOpponent) to take chances but he was well accompanied by us also.

As for your question TacoTunes, I can only recommend where I have been, JW, 8st, & 199st. 41st is out if the question.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #33
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTues View Post
You all should of got 4wd and I'm pretty sure big cypress you need a vehicle permit. OP where can I go ride today?
Wish I had seen this yesterday. I was off and would have go e somewhere if I wasn't soo lazy...

I'm off today and tomorrow aswell...if anyone wants to go to Corbett or something...
Old 02-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #35

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
BTW,

Anyone know of anywhere in Broward that we can offroad at? I never see Broward mentioned or even asked about. Broward is a good halfway point for the Miami & Palm Beach members.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #36
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
BTW,

Anyone know of anywhere in Broward that we can offroad at? I never see Broward mentioned or even asked about. Broward is a good halfway point for the Miami & Palm Beach members.
Broward's kinda shitty as far as I know. I know that JW is a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) and there are other WMA's in the area...maybe we should call them.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #37

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
The problem with Corbett (for me) is that it's a long drive for the little bit of available trails. With the 2 Miami locations, we can meet up in the actual place that we are going to off road in and it's easier to get to then JW. I'm not saying that I will never go again but I'm not missing it.

In Miami, we can spend about 2 hours in the 1st spot, drive 20 miles to the next spot & spend about 2 hours there. Then, you are ready to leave.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #38
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
The problem with Corbett (for me) is that it's a long drive for the little bit of available trails. With the 2 Miami locations, we can meet up in the actual place that we are going to off road in and it's easier to get to then JW. I'm not saying that I will never go again but I'm not missing it.

In Miami, we can spend about 2 hours in the 1st spot, drive 20 miles to the next spot & spend about 2 hours there. Then, you are ready to leave.
I completely understand the drive for you. I wouldn't drive to Miami to hit up Corbett (the way it is now) either. At the same time, I'm hesitant to make the same drive to wheel on someones private property.

As much as I don't want to make the drive, I think we need to just suck it up and go to one of the Orlando area meets or something...lol. They tend to camp out and theres enough to spend multiple days there.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I completely understand the drive for you. I wouldn't drive to Miami to hit up Corbett (the way it is now) either. At the same time, I'm hesitant to make the same drive to wheel on someones private property.

As much as I don't want to make the drive, I think we need to just suck it up and go to one of the Orlando area meets or something...lol. They tend to camp out and theres enough to spend multiple days there.
I'm leery on the private property aspect but we'll drive down to take a stab at it.

Citrus meets are fun. But most of the time its just trails with sand and hill climbs and off camber and some technical stuff. Last time we went up there I came across one wet spot.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #40
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post
I'm leery on the private property aspect but we'll drive down to take a stab at it.

Citrus meets are fun. But most of the time its just trails with sand and hill climbs and off camber and some technical stuff. Last time we went up there I came across one wet spot.
Hardrock looks fun...