Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Miami Meet: Sunday, 03/24/13

Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I understand. I might just go in there a couple of weeks before and explore it a little. I drive by there about twice a month on my way to my moms house. Last Saturday I drive by at 1:45 am and saw lights in there and 5 trucks driving around. It's not like the FPL section on 41 st where the gates are closed. I'll check it out and if it's not worth it then we'll plan something else. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #42
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I was reading a few Youtube comments and some people say that you can't go too far in because the mud is so thick that you literally need a huge 4X4 to go in there, and they have gotten stuck. I think that the best thing would be for me to go to the 8 st location before the 23rd and drive in there and record the area so you can view it.

I decided to go on Sunday, March 3. My friend Manny will be off that day so he can accompany me in his 4X4 F-150. It would be AWESOME if I can get at least 1 or 2 Miami members out there with me. Either way, thats my plan. If it turns out that it's not worth the trip then I will cancel the meet for the 23rd and I'll take AWorthyOpponents advice and we'll plan something in Orlando later on. BTW, I can relate to what you said. It is a long drive for what may potentially be a small amount of trails. However, as far as legal issues? I don't see that happening. Well, I'm going to post this in the Miami Members section also to try to gather some members for the Sunday, March 3 "mini" meet!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #43
TacoTues is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
TacoTues's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
TacoTunes, Where in Florida do you live?
I'm in Lauderdale
Old 02-20-2013, 03:23 AM   #44
There use to be places all over broward. As far as I know everything's been shut down. No trespassing signs at all my old spots, checked them all out sunday. It would be nice to get the truck muddy. Also I was just messing with you guys about 4wd but it is bonus to have for me everyone's got their own opinion.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #45

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello,

TacoTues, no offense taken. And when I mentioned that some people think that "having" a 4WD is all it takes, I said that as a general statement. That wasn't a personal comment to you because: 1) I don't know you, & 2) I am as amateur as they come (less than a year and only gone out about 8 times total). For all I know you could drive my truck and go where I never thought possible.

It is true that 4WD IS an advantage over 2. I just don't off road enough to change my truck for a 4WD. When I bought my truck on New Years 2012 I did not think I would be off roading I ended up giving it a try. That being said, I like my truck ALOT and with one son driving and my other son doing the same in 2 years, I need to plan for that also so I plan on driving my truck for a LONG time!

I was able to change out my open diff for a LSD one last month and that alone was an improvement. The sandy place on nw 199 st is where I got stuck while open diff. I installed the LSD & drove out there the next day and did NOT get stuck. Same spot, same dry sugar sand. I can only imagine if I had 4WD and both diffs locked but I am happy with the improvement that I got.

BTW, I'm going to check out the 8 st place on Sunday, March 3. Lauderdale is about 30 to 35 miles north of me. Would you like to come along? My friend in his 4WD F-150 is going also. It's stock except for mud tires but it's an old beater so it's fun. If you come with us then at least there will be 3 trucks there. Let me know

Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #46
Quote:
Hello,

TacoTues, no offense taken. And when I mentioned that some people think that "having" a 4WD is all it takes, I said that as a general statement. That wasn't a personal comment to you because: 1) I don't know you, & 2) I am as amateur as they come (less than a year and only gone out about 8 times total). For all I know you could drive my truck and go where I never thought possible.

It is true that 4WD IS an advantage over 2. I just don't off road enough to change my truck for a 4WD. When I bought my truck on New Years 2012 I did not think I would be off roading I ended up giving it a try. That being said, I like my truck ALOT and with one son driving and my other son doing the same in 2 years, I need to plan for that also so I plan on driving my truck for a LONG time!

I was able to change out my open diff for a LSD one last month and that alone was an improvement. The sandy place on nw 199 st is where I got stuck while open diff. I installed the LSD & drove out there the next day and did NOT get stuck. Same spot, same dry sugar sand. I can only imagine if I had 4WD and both diffs locked but I am happy with the improvement that I got.

BTW, I'm going to check out the 8 st place on Sunday, March 3. Lauderdale is about 30 to 35 miles north of me. Would you like to come along? My friend in his 4WD F-150 is going also. It's stock except for mud tires but it's an old beater so it's fun. If you come with us then at least there will be 3 trucks there. Let me know

Thanks
Alright well keep me posted about the 3rd. If I'm in town I'll ride down. I know there has to be a few more people that wanna go, so keep this going.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #47
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I may show up on March 3rd, so keep me posted...just found out I may have gotten a vacation day that I have to use or I lose it...
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #48

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
YEEEAAHHH!!!!!!

Now we're talkin'!!!!!!

Where's jmangone?

Where's Finks99taco?

With this kind of turn out, I'll definitely drive by there this Sunday to check that everything is OK. Maybe this can become the official "meet"!

I'm going to Tarpon Springs for the weekend so I'll swing by there on my way out of Miami or on my way in!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #49

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished talking to my little brother who plays Paintball. He told me that his friends and him have been practicing on 8 st since June of last year and they have never had any problems, legal or otherwise. I have a good feeling that it's going to be a positive experience for all us.

Also, in the corner accross from 8 st there is a Walmart, Gas station, amd a shopping center so food and drinks are nearby!

I would like to meet up at the 8 st location at 11:00am. Let me know if that works for you.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #50
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm...might be open for that.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #51

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I hope so Finks99Taco! You'll have fun here, I know it.

Guys, keep in mind that even though it is a bit of drive from WPB, it's location is very central. You want to buy sonething to eat or drink and it's less than a mile away. When it's time for you to hit the Turnpike, less than 3 miles away. There may be food vendors there again but I can't vouch for them. I've never eaten there.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #53
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Refer to post #1 for the UPDATE!
I'm trying to find that on a map...no luck. Lol.

Is there an address near by...I don't now Miami at all, and will be using my gps...I trust your directions, but I like to know where I am...lol
Old 02-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I'm trying to find that on a map...no luck. Lol.

Is there an address near by...I don't now Miami at all, and will be using my gps...I trust your directions, but I like to know where I am...lol
13700 SW 8th St
Miami‎ Florida‎ 33184
United States This for the gas station
Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #55
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTues View Post
13700 SW 8th St
Miami‎ Florida‎ 33184
United States This for the gas station
Sweet...why don't we meet here at 11am?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #56

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello boys,

I updated the info on the 1st post thanks to AWorthyOpponent & TacoTues sorry if it seems that I am all over the place butI'm on the road so I pullef over right before the Tampa Bay Skyway Bridge since I wanted to focus on what I am posting, and not the road. LOL!

Thanks guys. Hope to see you ALL there!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #57
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
ya it doesnt look like im gonna be able to make it, my shift is sat & sun 7pm to 7am so im asleep mostof the day. im want to do another meet maybe corbett sometime in the future.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #58
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmangone View Post
ya it doesnt look like im gonna be able to make it, my shift is sat & sun 7pm to 7am so im asleep mostof the day. im want to do another meet maybe corbett sometime in the future.
FAIL!!!

Fink found this place in Palm beach county...big enough for a few of us to go and have some fun...

This is from mildly driving partially in...maybe 5 minutes tops...not tearing it up, just checking it out....

Best part is that with the crazy rain we had, plenty of puddles, and fresh coat of wax, the truck cleaned itself...

Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
FAIL!!!

Fink found this place in Palm beach county...big enough for a few of us to go and have some fun...

This is from mildly driving partially in...maybe 5 minutes tops...not tearing it up, just checking it out....

Best part is that with the crazy rain we had, plenty of puddles, and fresh coat of wax, the truck cleaned itself...

Nice where at? I use to ride around west palm with my cousin in my old truck.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #60
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTues View Post
Nice where at? I use to ride around west palm with my cousin in my old truck.
Off 441 just south of Okeechobee blvd.