Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Miami Meet: Sunday, 03/24/13

Old 02-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #61
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Jmangone, sleep is overrated! JK. I understand. There's always next time.

AWorthyOponent, can you take pics of the area?
Does it have more available area to ride in than that one spot we found at Corbett?
Is it 2WD friendly?

I can't find that area on Google maps. Does 441 intersect anywhere with Okeechobee BLVD?
Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #62
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
AWorthyOponent, can you take pics of the area?
Does it have more available area to ride in than that one spot we found at Corbett?
Is it 2WD friendly?

I can't find that area on Google maps. Does 441 intersect anywhere with Okeechobee BLVD?
It's bigger than that area in Corbett, but more spread out. There are trees around it and whatnot. Some trails fro. What I could tell...

Deff have to check it out more before you make the drive. Seems like a place you could spend a couple hours...but idk...
Old 02-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #63
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

As far as 2WD friendly...I made it through in 2 wheel, but switched to 4 in the spots where I didn't want to risk it (I was in uniform ready for work). Defiantly a lot of muck...
Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #64
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
When I leave Tarpon Springs today I'm gonna check out the 8 st place in Miami. The good thing about Corbett is that you can drive fairly quickly through that area where the one in Miami, you have to put ut in D & let it idle over the mud covered rocks just to get in. The suspension definitely gets a work out. Maybe it's smoother inside I won't know till I check it today. I'm gonna double check this thread that I started but as far as I know I am the only Miami guy going. My friend Manny may not go (again). My friend Chris and his wife are going. May come with his wife in my truck or in his Nissan Xterra, not the 240 as last time. My kids are not going. Is there a spot where he could park his truck and then go riding in mine? Maybe I'll just end up going to this new place you found. Depends on what I see at 8 st and what you see at this new spot. Any possibility that you can check it out today?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #65
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I made it through in 1wd the whole time.
Its a pretty wide area once you get back into it but I wouldn't say anymore than maybe 4 trucks?

The muck out there was the best part. Had stuff flying everywhere.
I'll post some of the 200 my gf took yesterday. We only spent about an hour, hour half tops out there.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #66
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Quote:
441/St Rd 7 and Okeechobee blvd

Scroll the map South a little ways and you'll see it on the East side of 441.
On the map you can point it out by all the green for the trees and almost like a circle of white from all the sand.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #67

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
An hour is STILL more time than what we spent riding at Corbett. Sounds like it might be worth it. I'll check out the pics. I truly want to "ride", not "crawl over muddy rocks" like at 8 st. I may have to change this whole thread around and go up there. It's also a little closer than JW
Old 02-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #68

Some highlights.
Attached Thumbnails
Miami Meet: Sunday, 03/24/13-img_2679.jpg   Miami Meet: Sunday, 03/24/13-img_2720.jpg   Miami Meet: Sunday, 03/24/13-img_2726.jpg   Miami Meet: Sunday, 03/24/13-img_2825.jpg   Miami Meet: Sunday, 03/24/13-img_2895.jpg  

Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #69
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post
I made it through in 1wd the whole time.
Its a pretty wide area once you get back into it but I wouldn't say anymore than maybe 4 trucks?
Agreed. It's spread out so more than that in one area would be crowded.

Quote:
The muck out there was the best part. Had stuff flying everywhere.
I'll post some of the 200 my gf took yesterday. We only spent about an hour, hour half tops out there.
Seems like a great place for pictures...lol
Old 02-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #70

Quote:
An hour is STILL more time than what we spent riding at Corbett. Sounds like it might be worth it. I'll check out the pics. I truly want to "ride", not "crawl over muddy rocks" like at 8 st. I may have to change this whole thread around and go up there. It's also a little closer than JW
Uploaded some pics.
It's a good 30-45 minutes closer, maybe more.
There's also some dry sandy areas and some deep holes filled with water along with the muck.
Nice combo of all 3 I'd say.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #71
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Uploaded some pics.
It's a good 30-45 minutes closer, maybe more.
There's also some dry sandy areas and some deep holes filled with water along with the muck.
Nice combo of all 3 I'd say.
Agree...actually 43 minutes from the entrance of Corbett according to google...

Not a huge area that you could spend all day, but defiantly a couple hours if you had good people with you...

Best part...there's food, gas station, Walmart, and car wash thats good with muddy trucks almost within walking distance.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #72

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Oh HELL YES!!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! I can tell you that wont happen at 8 st. From all the vids that I have seen of 8 st (and I've seen a lot!), that wont be as fun as the pics that Fink put up! BTW, I wouldn't WANT to stay all day anyways, but a couple of hours and a shorter trip than JW is good in my book. You guys good for next Sunday? If so, when I get home tonight I'll redo the whole first post. I'll make sure I write that you guys will set it up from here as far as the address and info but please make the meet for 11:00 am.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #73

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Dan or Fink,

if you guys can post up the meet info, I can then copy and paste it on the first post so that when someone opens it up, they can read that first. Theres no way to change the tirle, right?

BTW, if my friend does go in his Xterra, can he park at the entrance somewhere and ride with me without any parking issues?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #74

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Dan or Fink,
could you post the address to the Walmart or gas station so that I can find it better? Plus, you can make this the meet-up place before we hit the dirt.
Thanks
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #75

Only mods can change the title I believe.

And as far as the parking, he can park at the storage place right out front or the movie theater. Less trucks inside probably the better.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #76

Regal
1003 N State Road 7
Royal Palm Beach‎ Florida‎ 33411
United States

Storage place its right behind
1201 North State Road
Royal Palm Beach‎ Florida‎ 33411
United States
Old 02-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #77
TacoTues is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
TacoTues's Tacoma Gallery
Wow i've been to that spot before back when i was like 16 or 17. it use to have a canal running next to the road i have a video and some pictures somewhere i see if i cant get up. i towed my cousin with my truck from the road on his skimboard in the canal.
Attached Thumbnails
Miami Meet: Sunday, 03/24/13-pictures-749.jpg   Miami Meet: Sunday, 03/24/13-muddin-grant-002.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #78

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Got it Fink, let me know which of the 2 addresses you want me to post as the meet-up spot and again, lets make it 11:00 am. I will update the info when I get home. I'm leaving Tarpon at 1:00pm.

I tried to change the title but I guess that once you create it, it's locked. However, when I update it, I will erase all the other info and just have the address that you post and the info so it's ALL CLEAR fir anyone reading the first post.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #79

You can use regal I guess. Big open parking lot. Can meet at the end of the parking lot.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #80
TacoTues is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
TacoTues's Tacoma Gallery
how do i post videos found some from back in 07 of the spot in west palm