Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Where are all the Tampa Bay area people at?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #21
TRDTundra is on a distinguished road

Name: Ken
TRDTundra's Tacoma Gallery
807 West Hillsborough Ave
Tampa Florida
Old 02-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #22
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDTundra View Post
Tampa Florida
Great! Thanks for the info!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #23

No problem. I'd like to do a little offroading with some Tacoma World members. Where are some local places, and not mudding places.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #25
COACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud of

Army: SNIPER HHC, 3 BATTALION,73 ARMOR,82ND AIRBORNE
Name: JC
COACHPPARK's Tacoma Gallery
LIVIN HERE IN THE ST PETE AREA JUST TURNED IN MY 2010 TACO FOR A 2013
Old 03-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #26
Conex is on a distinguished road
Conex's Tacoma Gallery
Live in Bradenton but working in NYC for the next year.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #27
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDTundra View Post
Tampa Florida

Is it ghetto or does he actually do good work? Tampa lacks in the 4x4 department.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #28
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
Fort myers here
Old 04-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
Is it ghetto or does he actually do good work? Tampa lacks in the 4x4 department.
Ian's shop is far from Ghetto, although it is near the ghetto, the shop itself is not. Ian does great work and is a good friend of mine. He can get you any parts same week as well. Go check it out. Ask to talk to Ian and tell him Ken sent you.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #30
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
So I was wondering if you guys could help me out. My GF and I just received a great job offer in the clearwater/st pete area, and would like to know how life is in that area? or in Florida in general? I've only been in the area for vacation, so that's the extent to my knowledge.

We're young and like to be outdoors, we kayak, rock climb, MTB, hike, backpack, camp, snowboard, raft, 4 wheel etc I'm trying to gather some info to help my decision. Any and all info would help!

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #31
i30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i30nes's Tacoma Gallery
Well I have done kayaking out near Weedon Island. Its near St Pete and was pretty good. Plus I would be certain that there are a multitude of other launch points you could use. They also do it in the Hillsborough river. Have yet to do that area. By 4wheeling you mean by truck or atv?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #32
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30nes View Post
Well I have done kayaking out near Weedon Island. Its near St Pete and was pretty good. Plus I would be certain that there are a multitude of other launch points you could use. They also do it in the Hillsborough river. Have yet to do that area. By 4wheeling you mean by truck or atv?

Thanks for the info!

Both, but mainly by truck since I don't have an ATV.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
i30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i30nes's Tacoma Gallery
No problemo. As far as I know I believe citrus will be the closest which is in north central FL. But I will let someone else chime in to confirm that. I just ride my ATV in brooksville at Croom. Supposedly there are some areas to wheel there. Thats about an hour north of Tampa. Being 2wd I'm a lil sketchy of wanting to take the truck to far off the beaten path.

Im just south of Wesley Chapel in Tampa Palm area. There is also Flatwoods park in my area. Never been personally but you can ride a bike and possibly walk the trails.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #34
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! i'm across the bay in ruskin, so i'm not too familiar with the outdoors stuff to do in st pete/clearwater, but yea from the sounds of it, citrus is the big offroad area that us TWers like.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #35
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
So I was wondering if you guys could help me out. My GF and I just received a great job offer in the clearwater/st pete area, and would like to know how life is in that area? or in Florida in general? I've only been in the area for vacation, so that's the extent to my knowledge.

We're young and like to be outdoors, we kayak, rock climb, MTB, hike, backpack, camp, snowboard, raft, 4 wheel etc I'm trying to gather some info to help my decision. Any and all info would help!

Thanks!
There are quite a few places to mtb here, main places would be Balm Boyotte, Alifia, Loyce Harp Park, and Croom. Check out www.swampclub.org for the local mtb club.

There are quite a few rivers to kayak in, plus camping at Ft Desoto. There are plenty of places for outdoor activities in Floriduh.

I know there are a few climbing gyms in the area
Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #36
fizzlebag is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: TC
fizzlebag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
There are quite a few places to mtb here, main places would be Balm Boyotte, Alifia, Loyce Harp Park, and Croom. Check out www.swampclub.org for the local mtb club.

There are quite a few rivers to kayak in, plus camping at Ft Desoto. There are plenty of places for outdoor activities in Floriduh.

I know there are a few climbing gyms in the area
^^^^ What he said. The Tampa area is probably the best metro area in FL IMO. There are lots of things to do in Tampa (good resturaunts, bars, amusement parks, aquariums/zoos, 3 major sports teams, etc.). I think the cost of living seems to be getting a little high though when it comes to the rent-to-income ratio. Then again, I'm in South Tampa and everything's expensive...
Old 04-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #37

Thanks for the Info guys! Looks like if this happens it won't be until September, which gives me time to find a nice house or apt to rent! I'll definitely be looking into those MTB, Kayaking, and Wheeling spots!

This may be a dumb question, but is there surfing in that area? Do the waves get big enough in the gulf? JW
Old 04-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #38
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
That's funny, my wife and I will be looking to relocate to the Tampa area around September as well. I've been researching the area to locate some nice, safe areas to rent in. Not sure to look at North Tampa, South, or the Sarasota area. I hear Bradenton isn't so great unless you're right near the ocean, still doing research though. Let me know what you discover, I'd love to get as many opinions as possible.

Quote:
Thanks for the Info guys! Looks like if this happens it won't be until September, which gives me time to find a nice house or apt to rent! I'll definitely be looking into those MTB, Kayaking, and Wheeling spots!

This may be a dumb question, but is there surfing in that area? Do the waves get big enough in the gulf? JW
Old 04-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #39

I am a fishing guide, if anyone wants something to do, let me know. I will cut deals to Tacoma World members!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #40
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I don't think we get big enough waves to surf over here

Products Discussed in this Thread