Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Where are all the Tampa Bay area people at?

Old 05-29-2013, 06:12 AM   #61
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
Also saw a sweet ass silver yota this morning with a camper top... didnt see a TW sticker but mayb hes on here, or will join cause he saw my sticker...
Old 05-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #62
SpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpruceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
When I was looking for a Tacoma it was cheaper to buy new versus used plus get a new truck w full warranty. I also found my best deal at clearwater toyota.
Same thing with me new was the way to go & they had the best deal. They also had the best deal when we bought my wife's Camry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR52012 View Post
Clearwater was a bunch of assholes to me, and ended up walking me out... i got mine at autoway toyota in st pete... Delt with Andre who is in fleet sales and i didnt have to talk to anyone else and he didnt need to get "approvals" for prices... Best car deal ever, called him, told him what i wanted. he found it and i drove down the next day, signed the papers and left.
They were good us when we bought my Tacoma & my wife's Camry. When Autoway was Sutherland Toyota I bought my 94 pickup new from them.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #63
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Tampa folks.....leaving Texas on the 12th to arrive at the new place on the 14th. Looking for advice for Hd cable/internet service. Brighthouse vs. Verizon Fios in the area? Which one is better?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #64
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
Hey Tampa folks.....leaving Texas on the 12th to arrive at the new place on the 14th. Looking for advice for Hd cable/internet service. Brighthouse vs. Verizon Fios in the area? Which one is better?
Depends on what you're looking for. This is just my experience, but Fios has been much more reliable for me for internet (plus is generally smokes Brighthouse internet speed-wise), but I've also found Fios TV's on-screen menus to take a lot longer to load than Brighthouse did. It has been a few years since I had Brighthouse, but I prefer Fios overall. Your mileage may vary.

Welcome to the jungle.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #65
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
Depends on what you're looking for. This is just my experience, but Fios has been much more reliable for me for internet (plus is generally smokes Brighthouse internet speed-wise), but I've also found Fios TV's on-screen menus to take a lot longer to load than Brighthouse did. It has been a few years since I had Brighthouse, but I prefer Fios overall. Your mileage may vary.

Welcome to the jungle.
Hey thanks a lot! Looking for reasonable internet speed to run a common household wireless network ie. ipad, phones, router, etc. But more importantly is the hd tv service. I'm weigh more heavily the ease of user interface and the ability to have multiple set top boxes throughout the house and back porch for sporting events, etc. Also DVR ability is high.

Tks for the info and any additional as well!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #66
fizzlebag is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: TC
fizzlebag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedirye View Post
Spring Hill area, when I'm home! Looking to buy at AutoNation in Pinellas Co. if anyone has experience there, or could recommend in the area.
When I bought my '13 I went through the USAA auto buying program and Autonation was one of their dealers. I remember they wouldn't budge at all on their price, maybe like 1500 off MSRP or something like that.

I ended up going to Courtesy Toyota in Brandon and got a decent deal on my trade and price of the Taco. I talked to Steve Blank at Courtesy since they came with a quote of 3k off MSRP out the gate. I was able to get the price a little lower than that and the buying process was easy with little back-and-forth haggling.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #67
fizzlebag is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: TC
fizzlebag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey thanks a lot! Looking for reasonable internet speed to run a common household wireless network ie. ipad, phones, router, etc. But more importantly is the hd tv service. I'm weigh more heavily the ease of user interface and the ability to have multiple set top boxes throughout the house and back porch for sporting events, etc. Also DVR ability is high.

Tks for the info and any additional as well!
I have Brighthouse and it's pretty decent but technology wise FiOS is superior. I have their digital cable/internet/phone combo and it's only like $120 OTD after taxes and what not. Their basic internet is only 10Mbps so if you're a big downloader you would have to pay more than I do for more bandwidth. 10M works fine for me and I have no problem steaming HD Netflix with it. I've never had any issues with them but your mileage will vary with your service area (I'm in S. Tampa).

I'm running Tivo so I can't speak much for their DVR service. I think they are doing the whole home DVR thing now but not sure.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #68
SpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpruceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would like to help but fios isn't available in my area. Like fizzlebag I have the brighthouse combo, the internet works pretty good with 2 laptops, a tablet, ipad & my son's Xbox. The hd cable is pretty good for the most part but it does have its up & downs.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #69

Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Great feedback guys, tks so much for taking the time to chime in. (sorry for hijacking the thread as well Probably going to stick with Brighthouse as it's more cost friendly
Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #70
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Great feedback guys, tks so much for taking the time to chime in. (sorry for hijacking the thread as well Probably going to stick with Brighthouse as it's more cost friendly
That works, especially if your priority is on the tv part of the equation (I thought Brighthouse did the TV stuff a little better than Verizon). However, if you start having issues with loosing your internet connection and have to call out the techs to fix it and they tell you that your signal is weak (often with the suggestion of getting a booster or amplifier)...switch to Fios. That was my experience with Brighthouse and I've never had that sort of issue with Fios. I've lost a router or two over the years to electrical fluctuations and Verizon sent me a new one with no issues, but other than that, it's been a pretty solid service.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:44 AM   #71

Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
That works, especially if your priority is on the tv part of the equation (I thought Brighthouse did the TV stuff a little better than Verizon). However, if you start having issues with loosing your internet connection and have to call out the techs to fix it and they tell you that your signal is weak (often with the suggestion of getting a booster or amplifier)...switch to Fios. That was my experience with Brighthouse and I've never had that sort of issue with Fios. I've lost a router or two over the years to electrical fluctuations and Verizon sent me a new one with no issues, but other than that, it's been a pretty solid service.
Great, tks! Yea it seems that's the services are hit and miss depending on location. I'm in the Westchase area so I may try BH and see how it goes. If I see those issues then I'll make the switch.

Tks again guys!
Old 06-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #72
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
Great, tks! Yea it seems that's the services are hit and miss depending on location. I'm in the Westchase area so I may try BH and see how it goes. If I see those issues then I'll make the switch.

Tks again guys!
No problem. Glad I could offer some input. West Chase? That's not especially far from where I am in Forest Hills. Maybe we'll spot each other now and then.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #73
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Southern Tampa Bay here.

I live in Ellenton and work in Sarasota/Bradenton area.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #74

Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to seeing you guys out and about! Appreciate the welcome!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #77
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
anybody interested in getting together for a mini meet or something sunday the 16th?

more tampa members the better
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...ea-trails.html
We'll see how much carnage happens at Hard Rock (edit: later today). Assuming I don't grenade something important, I might be up for a little sojourn to Richloam or something.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #79
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
Do any of my Tampa Peeps know someone who paints boats on the cheap... im trying to save for a wedding and the boat i bought an am peicing together could use a pj.

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #80
brian65oh is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: machinery technician
Name: Brian
brian65oh's Tacoma Gallery
new to clearwater

hey guys i just got stationed in clearwater been here about 4 weeks now, and moved from WA. Any good shops in the area or have you guys had any meets lately?