Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

Where are all the Tampa Bay area people at?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #81
SpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
SpruceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian65oh View Post
hey guys i just got stationed in clearwater been here about 4 weeks now, and moved from WA. Any good shops in the area or have you guys had any meets lately?
Welcome to Clearwater, the last meet was back in November & it kind of fell apart only 4 of us showed up but was cool anyway. Not really any off-road shops around here, I go to S&M on gulf to bay but they mainly do wheels/tires, lifts & other accessories. I saw you going down Belcher on Mon. afternoon your fenders are what caught my attention, you don't see those much around here.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #82
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Hey all you Tapma area peeps, just throwing this out there for some consideration:

August 13 & 14, I will be making a pit stop in the Tampa area to stay with some friends. Wanted to see if anyone would want to try to get dinner one of those 2 nights while I am there? If so, which night is better? I will have to narrow down exactly where I will be staying, but for now, those are the dates if anyone is interested.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #83
brian65oh is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: machinery technician
Name: Brian
brian65oh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTaco View Post
Welcome to Clearwater, the last meet was back in November & it kind of fell apart only 4 of us showed up but was cool anyway. Not really any off-road shops around here, I go to S&M on gulf to bay but they mainly do wheels/tires, lifts & other accessories. I saw you going down Belcher on Mon. afternoon your fenders are what caught my attention, you don't see those much around here.
ya i cant sneak around anywhere with these fenders haha, is S&M that jeep 4x4 place? I drive by it all the time and was thinking about stopping in and talking to them to see how they feel about doing some work for me.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #84
SpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpruceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian65oh View Post
ya i cant sneak around anywhere with these fenders haha, is S&M that jeep 4x4 place? I drive by it all the time and was thinking about stopping in and talking to them to see how they feel about doing some work for me.
S&M is a truck accessory store on Gulf to Bay Blvd close to the causeway.I think the jeep place your talking about may be Jeff's jeep yard close to the corner of Court & Missouri.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #85
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
There is a shop on 580, alot of huge trucks there... i think more offroad shop then S&M...

And Toy Tech... I can possible do the 14th...
Old 07-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #86
WiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud of

Army: 12B Comabt Enginneer, OEF 11-12
Name: James
WiR3D's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know who drives the dark green taco with black fuel wheels and has the 6 shooter tow mount cap? It's a TW member.. I saw the truck yesterday but don't recall ever seeing it on the forums.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #88
WiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud of

Army: 12B Comabt Enginneer, OEF 11-12
Name: James
WiR3D's Tacoma Gallery
I was at Dick's Sporting Good yesterday! Blacked out emblems and all?!

Truck looks good man!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #90
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Hey all you Tapma area peeps, just throwing this out there for some consideration:

August 13 & 14, I will be making a pit stop in the Tampa area to stay with some friends. Wanted to see if anyone would want to try to get dinner one of those 2 nights while I am there? If so, which night is better? I will have to narrow down exactly where I will be staying, but for now, those are the dates if anyone is interested.
Where abouts in Tampa are you gonna be? There's a slight chance I can come up.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #91
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
Where abouts in Tampa are you gonna be? There's a slight chance I can come up.
You need to meet up with me either way if you want that satoshi mesh. Not completely sure where I will be.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #92
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
You need to meet up with me either way if you want that satoshi mesh. Not completely sure where I will be.
Haha, I know, still gotta figure out my school schedule and all
Old 07-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #94
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Update on the meet up? I might be able to make it!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc4216 View Post
Update on the meet up? I might be able to make it!
I will get some details worked up within the next couple of days. I have the address where I will be staying so I will check out what's in that area and set it up. Looks like it should be the night of August 14th.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #96

Actually, Here is the address where I will be staying, if anyone has any recommendations, please feel free to post up. Maybe Yebor city?

10844 Kirkwall port dr.
Wimauma, fl 33598
Old 07-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #97
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Funny seeing everyone talk about familiar roads etc. Still go down about 1 per year to see my mom. I spent the first 12 years of my life in the clearwater area. Maybe I'll get stationed @ macdill afb in tampa a

Where do you guys wheel down there (or do you?)..
Old 07-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #98
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
Funny seeing everyone talk about familiar roads etc. Still go down about 1 per year to see my mom. I spent the first 12 years of my life in the clearwater area. Maybe I'll get stationed @ macdill afb in tampa a

Where do you guys wheel down there (or do you?)..
Most of the action is happening in Ocala as far as I can tell. After I get everything squared away on my truck, I'll probably head up there again. I also want to take a ride to Richloam at some point if I can drum up some interest. It's not as challenging as Ocala, but I enjoy riding the trails and fording the water crossings.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #99
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
im down in fort myers, but willing to make the drive if we do something more than eat dinner and circle jerk
Old 07-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #100
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
im down in fort myers, but willing to make the drive if we do something more than eat dinner and circle jerk
Rgr that. It'll be a while for me. I'm thinking the Monday after next, the Taco's goin' in for paint so I'll be without it for at least a week. After that, I get to experience the adventure of installing my OME 3" lift (and hopefully replacing my ball joints and CV axles at the same time). I'm expecting just about every fastener to be seized and if anything can go wrong it will. Then it's off to the tire shop for new wheels, rubber, and an alignment.

At any rate, I want to give the paint at least a month, or preferably two, to fully cure before I go dragging brush down the sides and covering it with mud. I'll let ya know once things are squared away because I definitely wanna get back out there.

I do have to wonder why it seems like every time I have to undertake a project like this is always seems to be in August...the hottest month of the year.

Products Discussed in this Thread