Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

West Palm Beach meet: Sunday 03/03/13

Old 02-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #21
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I had a friend in High School that worked at a used car lot and they used it in the engine bays of the vehicles that they sold. I'll look into that option.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:17 AM   #22
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
TAC1, wife, 2 friends in my truck (going)
AWorthyOpponent (99%)
DodgeAnarki (going)
Finks99Taco (going)
TacoTues (probably)
PMK (possibly)
Old 02-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #23
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Is it trails or just like a ton of mud? Seriously debating on driving down to wheel the 5 lug a little...
Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #24
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
Is it trails or just like a ton of mud? Seriously debating on driving down to wheel the 5 lug a little...
It's a mix of a lot.

You have a sandy-like path to get to a big sand pit area that has a trail that wraps around in a circle (haven't been all the way around) and then on the outskirt of all there's a muddy/mucky path.

I'll see if I can get a screenshot of the satellite image and label it for everyone to see.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #25
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Red dot - entrance
The yellow is the muddy/muck part.
The area above it is the sandy trail and sandy clearing.

(This was all based on Saturday when I went out there. Not sure how it will be Sunday)
Attached Thumbnails
West Palm Beach meet: Sunday 03/03/13-spot.jpg  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #26

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Fink,
Thanks for posting that info! I now have a better idea of what to expect this Sunday. What is the area below the yellow line? Any trails there?

Hello fgcutaco,
I hope you can make it. Get that truck dirty!

Looks like we are going to have good weather also:
Rain today & tomorrow.
Sun afterwards with partial cloudiness through Sunday.
Sat

66 / 19°
48 / 9°

Sun

70 / 21°
43 / 6°

Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #27
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
The next time you guys go im in. if anyone has off on a wed. in march that would be nice.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #28
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
Does that car wash that Dan mentioned clean the engine bay also?
Yeah...they did mine after last Sunday...
Old 02-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #29
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

From what I know of the area back there, there are alot of little trails back there. Some are ATV trails that might be a bit tight, but others are wider. I went back there again yesterday to see how bad it was with the heavy rain we just had, and it was about the same as when we went...

Just so you know fgcutaco, theres little trails that run along the really muddy areas so you can still bypass them if you feel you dont wanna try it...
Old 02-27-2013, 03:29 AM   #30

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
OK. Cool. Thanks Dan.
Jmangone, we'll be there if you decide to go. If not. We'll plan something again soon.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #32
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Still trying to see if i can get the weekend off. If i can i would make a weekend of it and pick up my hood from trdagule in naples on my way back up.

Finks99taco, i know your 2wd, do you think its '5 lug friendly' wheeling? Haha
Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #33
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Hey Dan, still at 99%?
Currently reading 99.9999996354679002%...

And if I have to go I to work, it won't be until at least 4...and I can go plain clothes...
Quote:

He made it through everything with the 2WD...I personally think that you could make most of it...I was in 2wd except in the muck.

Where are you actually driving from? If you're actually coming from Sarasota, I wouldn't bother...
Old 02-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #34

Quote:
My 1 wheel driving did pretty good.
My worst enemy is the sand. Tires just dig like crazy in it.
But honestly if anyone gets stuck, it won't be an issue for recovery.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #35

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
fgcutaco,

I am 2WD also. I have a limited slip diff but still 2WD. I only have a slight advantage over you so don't worry about it. Plus, almost everyone going is strapped...... "Tow straps, that is"
Old 02-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #36

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Dan
judging by what you wrote after the 99.9999996354679002%... I would say it sounds more like 99.99999999999999999999999.... LOL!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #37

Quote:
fgcutaco,

I am 2WD also. I have a limited slip diff but still 2WD. I only have a slight advantage over you so don't worry about it. Plus, almost everyone going is strapped...... "Tow straps, that is"
Common misconception... not all 5 luggers are open diffs... im LSD too

Anyways, im still trying to get the weekend off, so i still have no clue if i can make it
Old 02-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Fink, if you cropped the aerial shot a few hundred more feet south I could see my house.

PK
So it's right in your backyard practically.
Ever been back there before?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #40
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
fgcutaco,

Speak for your self...I'll have both....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Fink, if you cropped the aerial shot a few hundred more feet south I could see my house.

PK
So...you're coming???