Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

West Palm Beach meet: Sunday 03/03/13

Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #41
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
fgcutaco,
I did not know that they came with LS Diffs. That's cool! Hope you can make it.

Dan, you can pull us out and keep trouble away! YOU are prepared!

PMK, so, are you willing to make that LLOOONG drive? LOL!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #42
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
Dan, you can pull us out and keep trouble away! YOU are prepared!
Mud/range trip?

I will protect you, but you have to bring your own food rations and hold your own weight at the bug out location...

Thinking about it, we should do food or go play pool afterwards...since a couple people are making a drive...
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #43
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink,

In light of the recent flash flood, we should go out there and check it out on Sat or so...I went back there just now, and although it was dark and rainy, it looked beautiful....
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #46
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
That's a great idea! Of course, you WPB guys should choose which since you know the area.
We can hit up food or fun times...doesn't matter to me. Throw out ideas and ill recommend the place..

Hurricane wings is right down 441 and Lake Worth Road...that's good stuff right there...

Or Bru's Room on Southern Blvd...
Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #47
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Good choices.

Don't know of any good pool places except Kelly's but that's lantana and congress.

I get out of work at 2 err'day if you wanna check it out an afternoon or wait till Saturday. Been coming down pretty hard here.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #48
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post

I get out of work at 2 err'day if you wanna check it out an afternoon or wait till Saturday. Been coming down pretty hard here.
Lets hold off till Sat...let the water subside..lol...
Old 02-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #49
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it is in my backyard.

Never been in there with a truck.

Years ago, when I raced motorcycles, I had a short practice track in there. Back then there were some small hills of sand from when they dug the water drainage thing. I probably had a 1 1/2 mile practice woods and moto loop.

When I moved into this house, nothing was on that corner. No apartments, no cinema, no restaurants. It was a lot bigger area.

You will see a paved road leading through it. They were going to build homes in there long ago, but never did. The land was just recently sold to build a supermarket distribution site.

As far as a trail around the entire area, there are some short trails on the North end, along with the open area. The mud hole is kind of central. The west edge is a canal with a grown over double track. The NW corner often had a short but nasty mudhole that led to the west canal.

As a thought, I would suggest not parking at the storage place, but rather more out front like at Applebees or Golden Coral. That will be less noticed if the cops go by.

As for local food. There is a Hurricane Wins on Southern which we believe is better than LW road / 441. Really, there is a lot of food available along 441 between Okee and the mall, or go west on Southern. Park Avenue in Wellington is close too.

I need to see what Sunday brings. I know we have plans already, but we'll see.

PK
Old 02-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #51
Member Caught Off Road

Okay...looks like another friend in a 2nd Gen DAKOTA wants to join...

It'll be interesting to see how the Tacoma fairs against it...if he shows up...he was supposed to go to Corbett aswell.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #52
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Okay...looks like another friend in a 2nd Gen DAKOTA wants to join...

It'll be interesting to see how the Tacoma fairs against it...if he shows up...he was supposed to go to Corbett aswell.
Lifted or anything?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #53
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks99Taco View Post
Lifted or anything?
Looks like he leveled it and put a bro bar on it.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #54

Nice.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #55
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. Welcome Dan's friend with leveled Dakota. Looking forward to see you there. I'll update the attendees sheet.

My current height specs with:
4 Bilsteins with front @.85,
Toytec 1/4" spacer on left front strut,
2012 OEM 3/1 leafs, Wheelers 3 leaf AAL + OEM overload leaf,
265/75r16 BFG A/T's:
LF 36.00 / RF 36.00
LR 39.00 / RR 39.00

RIDE HEIGHT (hub to fender)
LF 21.25 / RF 21.25
LR 24.25 / RR 24.25

I replaced my original 2/1 pack with these 3/1 leafs last Monday. It came off a 2012 with 5K miles on them. I like the raked look but a 3" rake is pretty steep. I'm gonna give it some time but if they don't settle then I'll put the Billies @ 1.75.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #56

From 08 to 12 and one extra leaf gave you 3" difference?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #57

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget the Wheelers 3Leaf AAL.
Plus, I left in the OEM overload leaf.

Basically, from the top down:
OEM 3 leafs,
Wheelers 3 leaf AAL,
OEM overload leaf.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #58

Ah gottcha.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #59

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I have a low speed shudder from 15-23 under light acceleration. If you stand on the gas pedal from a complete stop the shudder is quicker & then goes away. It had this before but now it's a little more noticeable (if you look for it). No one notices it but me. Long story short, it can stay like that. I drove it up to 105MPH & it is smooth the entire way.

I'm still undecided about raising the front to 1.75 from .85. That would give me a 2" rake vs 3"'s. The thing about these trucks is that even when they are exactly leveled, they look nose high. We'll see. Maybe this Sunday will give the springs a good work out & I'll take some measurements afterwards.

Looks like the list is slowly growing. Still no 100% from Dan or PMK. We'll see
Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #60

Yea my springs were way up there when I first bolted them on. Eventually settled a little. You could put a load back there to give it a little work.

The shutter may be because the height difference or the mounting points on the leafs. Just moving from the driveshaft power...honestly talking out of my ass cause in not 100% sure.