Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

West Palm Beach meet: Sunday 03/03/13

Old 03-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #121
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
MIAtaco,

How's your healing/therapy going? I need a wingman to help me explore 8st a little so I can show the guys up north if it's worth going to or not.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #122
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
And I quietly sneaked in. Avoided any embarrassing photos. More likely knowing not to put stock oem tires into that slime. Not even into the sand.

That should change I hope.

I did have the wife say that doesn't sound good when we were pulling away from the mud flats back towards the sand. The sound she heard was the ATRAC or whatever they call the brake gets applied traction control. You could hear the brake controller cycling (pumping) the brake to the slipping tire. Seemed to work.

Fun meeting you guys and girls. I had thoughts on a few other local spots, when I looked while passing by, some were fenced.

PK
Old 03-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #124
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, your entrance WAS very stealth like! I first glanced over to your general area and didn't even see you standing there. It wasn't until you were right next to me that I even noticed that you were there. LOL!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #125
TacoTues is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
TacoTues's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAtaco View Post
im so bummed i missed all the fun, taco tues i wish i could have gone with you ive been wanting to go up to ocala for a while and theres plenty of turkeys by my old house in silver springs shores, too bad they are all on the golf course lol
Yeah man had fun it was small game so we even topped it off training my dog tracking he's 4 months does it like a pro. The sugar sand was fun but we couldn't find any mud to get dirty.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #126
Baberuth is on a distinguished road
Baberuth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTues View Post
bought mine through a private sale.. where are you located?
Thanks guys. I live in Miami...there's no way I'm buying a truck at a dealership down here.

Most likely I'll get one at a dealership in Broward or Palm Beach.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #127

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Let me say this about the dealerships in Miami. I have dealt with quite a few of them down here as far as buying, getting parts for, or servicing the vehicles & I can say that Headquarter Toyota has a great reputation here. I never bought a vehicle from them but I will buy my next Toyota from them.

My truck had a small rust spot.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

I went there expecting to hear "we don't cover that" because I was 2 months away from the 60 month warranty on corrosion to expire. They were very helpful & friendly. Even took pics of the truck with the bed & rear window removed (necessary to access the area).

BTW, It was the caulking type material that was bad & the metal just had very minor surface rust. They did a great job & gave great service. I'm willing to bet that their sales department is just as good.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #128
Baberuth is on a distinguished road
Baberuth's Tacoma Gallery
TAC1...thanks amigo.

Considering your positive recommendation and also how dang close it is to me...I will definitely pay them a visit.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #130
jmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of lightjmangone is a glorious beacon of light
Name: josh
jmangone's Tacoma Gallery
just to say i was out at that site yesterday and i saw a dodge caravan in the area and he was stuck in the mud where that excursion was at. idiots thought it was a 4x4. what dodge caravan is a 4x4, dam drunks. they said it was a company truck and that they wanted to see where the dirt road went to. i can only say that its because of the salt air is the reason why there is OSHA.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #131
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im doin ok kinda walking but still using the crutches for stability hopefully ill be driving by next month, it sucks paying for a truck you cant drive
Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #132

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah but you'll appreciate it more than ever once you are behind the wheal again. Glad to hear that you're health is improving.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #133

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
WOW!

Even if it was 4X4 those things have like no ground clearance at all. I rented one to go to the Smokey Mountains & I would scrape the front with those cement things in the parking lots.

I'd be afraid to go throught that hole & I am atleast better equipped than a Caravan. LOL!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #134

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
is anyone going to import face off in jupiter next month? by then i should be back on my feet
Old 03-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #135

TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't even know what that is until I Googled it. I'm not going though. Except for one weekend, I have plans for all the other ones in April.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #136

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
i've missed it every year even when i lived in ocala, just wanted to see if anyone else was interested. itws not as big as hot import night but still seems really fun
Old 03-16-2013, 04:59 AM   #137
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Damn can't believe I didn't see this til now :/. Oh well I'll catch the next one.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #139
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
There's always next time FLtaco24. Where in Florida do you live?
Stuart