Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

The beginning, 4Runner SAS

Old 04-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #21
Up is difficult. Down is dangerous.
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Guy
GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Got one steering knuckle painted, the rotors separated from the hub and locking hubs disassembled. The hub lock body's are pretty beat up, I may have to go another route. Longfield makes a conversion gear so you can use your IFS hub locks on a solid axle. My IFS hub locks are in great shape. One spindle is pretty beat up too, I'm debating scraping both of them and getting new ones from Trail-Gear.

I'm doing the steering knuckles in VHT engine enamel paint.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #23
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Sweet!

HA, Great minds!

The Runner in your avatar?
Old 04-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #25

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup. Just finished putting a whole mess of parts in it. Going to test it out next weekend.
I'm reading your build thread right now. May have some questions later, correction I will have some questions later.

GH
Old 04-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #26

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, this little 50 amp Chinese Plasma is bad ass! I just did a couple test cut's. The thickest was only 1/8 but it went through it like a hot knife through butter.

Hopefully between this weekend and next I can get the axle built. After that I'm planning a 3 day weekend for the swap.

GH
Old 04-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #27
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #28

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quick video, 1/4 inch mild steel with the plasma.

http://youtu.be/xHremxlCitA
Old 04-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #29
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
subbed i love 4runners
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #30

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm waiting on a pair of brass spindle bushings, once I have them I can assemble the axle.

This is the reason for the new bushing, this spindle was very beat up. Looks like the dumped a wheel bearing at some point and drove on it for a while:

So I'm replacing both parts with these. 4140 chrome moly steel, made in the USA and sold by Trail-Gear.

Big improvement over the beat to shit stock one.

GH
Old 05-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #32
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
You done yet lol
Old 05-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #33

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^Lol, not even close. Getting all the parts here was the easy part, time to work on it is the challenge. I'll be lucky if I can touch any truck stuff this month.

GH
Old 05-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #34
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
Gayyyy. Time to take some PTO
Old 05-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #35

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
I had some unexpected free time today. So I got a little done on the truck.

I painted the pitman arm, shock hoops and high steer arms. Pressure washed the 3rd and got it ready for paint. Drove in new bearing races into the hubs and bolted up the rotors and spacers.

I didn't like the diff armor that came with the kit so I ordered this.

I thought about ordering frame stiffeners too, but I'm just going to cut my own out of 3/16th plate (good excuse to play with the plasma)

GH
Old 05-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #36

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon4x4 View Post
Gayyyy. Time to take some PTO
Not as Gayyy now, maybe just a little metro?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #38

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is the passenger side arm on the driver side knuckle, just fyi

It took me a while to get my junk put back together. Half of my limited freetime I was too lazy or unmotivated to mess with it
Testing you guys...

Actually it was the one in reach for the picture.

GH
Old 05-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #39
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHuey View Post

So I'm replacing both parts with these. 4140 chrome moly steel, made in the USA and sold by Trail-Gear.

Big improvement over the beat to shit stock one.

GH
Old 05-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #40

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Welded the diff armor on today. The sanding dust is from sanding down the skim coat of JB weld I put on the steering balls to correct a little pitting.

The plan is to cut off the IFS next Saturday, wish me luck!