Florida Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Florida

Notices

The beginning, 4Runner SAS

Old 08-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #101
I drive over stuff
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Guy
GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't work on it too much, but I got another couple small jobs done. The steering stabilizer is installed and the gussets on the front spring hanger are burnt in. I'm debating painting the shock for the stabilizer black.

Oh, I almost forgot the kids got me a GoPro silver for fathers day. Once it's all back together I should be able to get some good video's. With the GoPro app I can control it right from my iPad or phone.

GH

Old 08-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #102
I drive over stuff
GuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyHuey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed from this last pic that the drivers side caliper I rebuilt is leaking . I took this as a sign that I should just upgrade to the bigger V6 calipers, paint's drying on them now. I was really surprised that the local parts store had them in stock.

GH
Old 08-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #103
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
At least it's just a caliper and not something really labor intensive! Looking good man. Keep it going!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #104
I drive over stuff

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Got the V6 brake calipers and pads in, nice difference in stopping power.

The list of things to finish is getting very short.
  • Front bump stop extensions
  • Front driveshaft
  • Rear shocks
  • Grease all fittings
  • Front end alignment

Just waiting on a rear upper shock mount from Dave'z offroad.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #105
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Progress! Looking good.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #106
I drive over stuff

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Flexed it as much as I could to mark for the bumpstop extensions. Still plenty to go before it would have touched.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #107
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Soooo...I wonder who'll be trail-ready first, you or me? I'm close, but I have some clearancing to do and then I need to install my CB, Tach, and Oil press gauge.

Nice work on that beast. Now you just need some 16x35 Boggers (or 38.5x14.50 TSL-SXs) on it and you'll be darn near unstoppable.

Can't wait to see it out there on the trails.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #108
I drive over stuff

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Got the bumpstop extensions welded in.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #110
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHuey View Post
Got the bumpstop extensions welded in.

Man you do some pretty welds.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #111
I drive over stuff

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
Man you do some pretty welds.
I get lucky every once in awhile. I don't claim to be a good welder, okay at best, I'm still learning. Hopefully nothing falls off
Old 09-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #112
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, Guy, i didn't even know you had started the SAC! looks great! I got to wheel with a runner just like yours on a solid axle a month and a half ago. cool rig for sure.

I'll let you know next time i'm in Florida with my truck and we can hit up the rocks
Old 09-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #113
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHuey View Post
I get lucky every once in awhile. I don't claim to be a good welder, okay at best, I'm still learning. Hopefully nothing falls off
I'm not gonna bullshit you, if you normally do even 80 percent or so as well as that, then you smoke the guy that welded my sliders on and he was a professional welder for CSX. In fairness though, he didn't have an argon tank for his little Miller wire welder so he had to use flux core. I honestly think I could have done better stick welding them, but he was doing me a favor for free so I'm not going to bitch too much as long as they don't fall off when I set it down on a rock or something. I'm still disappointed that they didn't come out better though. I expected them to look like your welds.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #114
I drive over stuff

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
Nice Progress! Looking good.
Thanks
Old 09-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #115
I drive over stuff

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
Damn, Guy, i didn't even know you had started the SAC! looks great! I got to wheel with a runner just like yours on a solid axle a month and a half ago. cool rig for sure.

I'll let you know next time i'm in Florida with my truck and we can hit up the rocks
Looking forward to it. I had it up to the pits once with Thomas and it did pretty good. We'll see how it does with the live axle, which sadly will still be open for a while longer.
Why do Hi-pinon ARB 3rds have to be so much
Old 09-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #116
I drive over stuff

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
I found a 4X4 Toyota shop less than 2 miles from my house, never heard of it before DWAT Racing. All old school Toyota's mostly they run in the mud, but the owner Drew has a ton of parts in stock. I counted at least 10 transmissions and 15 transfer cases. Looks like I found a local source when I get around to a 5 speed swap.

I got my alignment done today. I was very happy that the camber and caster were in spec, no bent housing on my rig. Rear thrust angle was really good too, measure 10 times weld once worked out.

Only rear shocks and a front drive shaft to go. Unfortunately DWAT only had a couple stock front's and I decided to not build a square shaft. Oh well, PST in Clearwater should be able to build me one with the right amount of slip.

GH
Old 09-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #117
I drive over stuff

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
Doh, double post...
Old 10-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #119
I drive over stuff

GuyHuey's Tacoma Gallery
I decided against the square front shaft and went with this. It's a slip kit from Trail-Gear, you just weld the CV side from the stock shaft to it for 12 inches of slip. At the time when I go dual cases I can just cut that tube off and weld a longer one on.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #120
Turdarado extractor
Nd4Spd86 will become famous soon enoughNd4Spd86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
Nd4Spd86's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome man! Can't wait to see it in action! You're gonna make that rock garden at a-pit your bitch this time around.