1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NW Florida shop to install lift

Discussion in 'Florida' started by KMN-BLU, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Feb 13, 2009 at 10:40 AM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU [OP] less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
    I have had my truck a couple months now and I am ready to get a 3" inch lift installed. Thinking about OME coils/shocks and TC UCAs.

Im certainly open to recommendations and opinions on this as Im hoping to keep total costs below $2000

Does anyone have a local shop near Niceville, Destin, FWB, Pcola area that they can recommend to do the work?

The only shop I am aware of in FWB is Restylers. Im looking for other options for comparison.

Anyone have any good personal experiences with other local businesses that they would allow to work on their trucks?

2. Feb 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    http://www.enhancedoffroad.com/ is another option. I've not worked with them for anything like this but I have heard thru the grapevine that they are a stand up shop.

If you are interested and feeling a bit crazy- I would be glad to help you install it yourself. The Auto Hobby shop at Corry is pretty good- Full truck lifts and all the tools you need- And for the price of some pizza and beer and the time you spend with the truck on the lift over a weekend- You can do the whole thing yourself.

Just gotta get an alignment done by a shop you like....

3. Feb 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    x2 on doing it yourself. It's really not hard (even easier if you have a truck lift) and you get to know your truck even more! I did my lift with no previous mechanical experience and it took me and a buddy about 8 hours.

4. Feb 14, 2009 at 10:36 AM
    stikkimikki87

stikkimikki87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pensacola FL
    Vehicle:
    d44, 37s, all 4 wheels turn!
    uhh...everything? lol
    If you are interested in a price quote on parts and/or labor, please call Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. It
    is alot easier to give price quotes over the phone than the internet, also keep in mind that you will
    need some sort of rear lift as well. OME sells the Dakar springs, or you could do a separate Add-a-Leaf or
    lift shackles. You should be able to get it all for under 2k installed.

Thanks,

Enhanced Offroad
    850-471-9900

5. Mar 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    br217398

br217398 Crazy Person.....

Member:
    Orlando Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra Crew Cab 4WD
    Hornblasters horns,Strobe lights,Police Undercover Vehicle, Volent Ram air system, pro comp POS AAL, biltein all around, step bars.
    im gonna take a stab at it, and ask if anybody knows of a good shop in orlando????

Products Discussed in

To Top